I struggled to find it too. You can't open the file online, you have to download it to your own system and open it from there (or at least that was my experience).

It is the 3rd PDF file in the box headed "Flash Widget"

But Patrice, it is not the size that matters (as we women like to say here in the UK). This little text is worth its weight in gold to someone with my interests; and yet we are only required to pay the equivalent of the electronic weight: nada ! For this Gjiada, we are very grateful, so please continue to keep us informed of your offerings.

Hmm, now I am trying to think of the ancient astrologer who was paid for his translations according to their weight in gold. I can?t remember if it was Masha?allah, but I remember reading that it resulted in texts with wide margins and large spaces between the words :)

yuzuru wrote:
but I remember reading that it resulted in texts with wide margins and large spaces between the words Smile
Seems like the texts that my college students do :-)

and I am not payed in gold to read those awful things :-P
i really hope my translation is not like your students' homeworks :-T

Hello Gjiada,

I haven't been on the site much lately so it was a wonderful treat to find your post with the free translation of Cardano on the fixed stars.

Thank you so much! I am very grateful you decided to share your efforts.

As a fixed star enthusiast this will be a very useful addition to my library on fixed stars. It may be relatively small in length but its very important as one of more detailed discussions from the earlier european medieval astrologers. Size isnt proportionate to astrological significance. For example, Ptolemy has a relatively small section of the Tetrabiblos devoted to fixed stars but this has had an enormous impact on how later astrologers worked with the fixed stars.

I will be studying this piece myself in some detail to try and decipher some of the references to specific stars in comparison to other sources.

THANKS

Mark

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Did Ptolemy differentiate in influences gather from north or south of the ecliptic?
I think that Ptolemy considers stars according their magnitude and colour. For example red stars have generally Mars nature and the more brilliant ones the nature of Jupiter and so on.
For example Sirius, white with a reddish nuance, has a Jupiter-Mars nature and Aldebaran is red so it has a Mars nature.

Anyway for what I understand Ptolemy just listed traditional influences, rather than giving his own.