Hi all

Well, my first approach is to weigh the relatives strengths of the sigs. :D
In this case, there had to be a clear winner, I really couldn't see a draw.

I didn't put too much stake in the Moon playing a major role, being in less than scintillating shape in Gemini, buried in the 4th. And I completely ignored Pluto. :'

I didn't think that Saturn could render meaningful help to the home team, being combust, but I did take note of the Sun 1? away from C7 (ala - the sun always shines on Manchester, even when it's setting :lala )
Also, the dispositor of the POF, Venus being bodily in the 7th, conjunct L7, made me favour the visitors.

I gave one goal to Portsmouth because Jupiter was in its house of joy. Didn't help them though, although it probably reflects the ardent hopes and wishes of the its supporters.

Tallyho, on to the next batch!

Susie

I'm having a good time - are you??

Thanks, Susie, I like your analysis :'
the sun always shines on Manchester, even when it's setting
:D Yes, I thought of that too!

I watched most of the game on a live stream and poor old Pompey were completely outplayed by ManU. The match commentary was in French which was assez amusant - we had Portsmoos playing Monchestairrrr :)

Well done Susie. I didn't have a strong idea of what the chart meant, but I'll tell you what led me in the end, if only so we know it's not reliable in future. I am still working on the principle that the asc signifies the home team - although I am now starting to understand *why* others would view the ascendant as the favourite. Feeling so confused yesterday, I tried to work through the chart in real time, and noticed that at the end, 1st-ruler Jupiter would be close to the midheaven. At that point my brain froze and I went for a Portsmouth win, but Ficina was right I should have left what I had, because I wasn't in the mood yesterday, and ended up tying myself in knots. But it's been a lesson. In future I'll enter my predictions when I'm in the mood and feeling interested, and then I'll leave them. Whatever happened last night, I would still have been scratching my head to work out what the chart meant :)

Deb wrote: Whatever happened last night, I would still have been scratching my head to work out what the chart meant :)
It's quite devilish sometimes, isn't it? Like the charts for the coming weekend - oy vey!

Ciao for now

Susie

Thanks from me too to Susie, for your reading of the chart. It's really refleshing and inspiring to have another way of looking at it.
the dispositor of the POF, Venus being bodily in the 7th, conjunct L7, made me favour the visitors
I see that you use the reversed formula of Fortuna and this was also one of my reasons for going for the DC team, because Venus was the LOH.

We found that when planets cross the angles, goals tend to be scored but the L1 for example crossing an angle doesn't necessarily mean the AC team scores.
Last edited by Gem on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We found last season that when planets cross the angles, goals tend to be scored but I believe no one has pursued that approach further than that.
This is a method I've used on and off for many years. It came from Lee Lehman originally I think. Sometimes it can indicate the goal margin rather than actual numbers of goals, e.g. one planet crossing could be 1-0, 2-1 or even 3-2. Other testimonies in the chart will (hopefully) show the likelihood of the losing team scoring. Another method is to count the Moon's aspects up to about 10 degs.

I have to say that neither method is particularly reliable which is why there have been periods when I've abandoned both. I think there's an awful lot of luck involved in getting the score right.

Ficina
I edited the last sentence of my post above. Writing at work and getting distracted, I wasn't clear but that was what I wanted to say there.

I think there's an awful lot of luck involved in getting the score right.
Exactly. Looking at the number of the planets crossing the angles and counting up the Moon's aspects are the only ways I know and they are not always reliable. Hence my immediate reaction when I read about the 'Take Part' thread was that how on earth are you going to predict the score using Astrology?
Last edited by Gem on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

We found that when planets cross the angles, goals tend to be scored but the L1 for example crossing an angle doesn't necessarily mean the AC team scores.
It belatedly occurred to me that maybe Ficina got offended by my use of 'we' there. Sorry if that was the case, but honestly it's not the royal we. When we discussed it, no one said it was Lehman's technique and you didn't mention you'd been using it for years.

Ah yes, I see your edit, Gem, and would just add that, similarly, a planet crossing the Asc for example, doesn't necessarily indicate a goal for the Asc team.
my immediate reaction when I read about the Skyscript League was that how on earth are you going to predict the score using Astrology?
It ain't easy, especially with the 3pm games, but we're not doing too bad, considering :)

Just seen your post above, Gem. I wasn't offended at all :D

Does anybody have any New Moon charts in their collection? I've had a flip through and can't find any but that's probably because I wouldn't have made a note of it unless the Sun was a sig.

I'm wondering whether the Moon's being combust is a bad thing for the home team/faves on Saturday afternoon, and possibly also for the flow of the game (i.e. lack of goals) or whether Moon and Sun being conjunct will mean they work harmoniously together.

I'm thinking mainly of the 3pm games where we also have Mars hovering round the MC (a good test for John Frawley's method? Although of course he wouldn't touch these kind of games). This aspect is still in operation in the one-off game at 5.30 but this chart is different because Moon is L7 :?

The 17:30 game is a real head-scratcher! Both sigs combust, but I think it's worse for the Moon to be combust than any other planet.

Therefore my prediction is a 1-0 win to Arsenal :D

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Susie

BTW: I haven't been allocated my glorious 1 point for the game on Monday, so I'm still languishing at the bottom of the pile :-cry

I haven't looked at the weekend matches yet.
Tonight Liverpool/Satndard Leige on tv (looking forward to it):
20:05 AC: 4 Pisces 3
The chart looks similar to the Portsmouth/Man U match. Recalling what Deb said about the chart, angular Saturn now being in closer trine with L1 can be helpful to Liverpool(AC). With the Cancer Moon applying to Venus and Mercury, a few goals can be expected. Liverpool should be fine.

Andrew mentioned a Carling Cup match. The memory of Fulham struggling and battling against religation is still fresh but they seem a much improved team this season. My bookie(Coral) has ?1.50 for Fulham and ?6 for Leicester.