Ficina wrote:Does anybody have any New Moon charts in their collection? I'm thinking mainly of the 3pm games :?
Hi Ficina,

I think the following are New Moon Charts:

Middlesbrough V Man U 6/4/08 13.30 BST
Everton v Derby 6/4/08 15.00 BST
Barnsley v Cardiff 6/4/08 16.00 BST (I think this may have been the FA Cup semi final in London)
Newcastle v Chelsea 5/5/08 16.00 BST

to Gem

Well, there a number of minuscule testimonies but I think antiL10 on the cusp of the 10th house is a good thing. I'm going with the color method and I presume that the ASC goes to Notts in this chart.

Last night's results:
Fulham 3-2 Leicester
N Forest 1-1 Sunderland (1-2 to Sunderland, extra time)
Arsenal 4-0 FC Twente
Liverpool 0-0 Standard Leige (1-0 to Liverpool, extra time)

I didn't look at the Arsenal chart becuase it seemed a foregone conclusion that they'd qualify, after beating FC Twente so effortlessly away home. I note now they(Arsenal and Liverpool) did kick off at the same time. It was a must win game for Liverpool and likewise for Man City tonight, but I'm really not sure about Man City.

Yes good to have someone like John who seems to have data organised so well (unlike me). I'll have a re-look at them too at the weekend and also look forward to hearing what Ficina may find.

As Gem pointed out before the game, the Liverpool chart was very similar to the Pompey/ManU chart. Sun conj Desc was shining on Liege which I think helped them to get a draw at the end of normal time, together with Moon sextile Mercury (L7). Since they were underdogs, these testimonies weren't sufficient for Lieige to win but they were certainly very impressive again and deserved the draw. The faves eventually prevailed, 2 mins before the end of extra time - phew!
Yes good to have someone like John who seems to have data organised so well (unlike me). I'll have a re-look at them too at the weekend and also look forward to hearing what Ficina may find.
Unfortunately in John's examples the Moon was separating from the Sun, but I've managed to find three more with Moon applying, where the odds-on faves lost two and drew one. Unfortunately (again) there were other testimonies in the charts which clearly showed these outcomes, so not really helpful to us for this Saturday's games. Anyway, here they are:

ManU/Reading 12/8/07 4pm BST
Boro/Arsenal 9/12/07 1.30pm
Blackburn/W Ham 9/12/07 4pm

These were quite easy to find actually by looking for New Moons in Raphael's Ephemeris where they are noted at the top of the page. However, I've been thinking for a while that I need some kind of data selection program. I thought about Jigsaw but after a chat with Roy Gillett yesterday I've decided to upgrade my SF5 to Version 7 which will apparently perform the kind of tasks required. Does anyone else use this? Anyway I've ordered it from him and am looking forward to receiving it :)

About the Liverpool game, the Moon in a cadent house might also have been a reason for goals not materialising earlier.
Last edited by Gem on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorry about the Charts Ficina, I hadn't looked at the 3pm chart until late last night and realised what you were after. I don't have any charts with Moon applying to conjunct the sun, so thanks for the 2007 data.

I use Solar Fire Deluxe, which I believe is Solar Fire 7. I've used No3 for some time and felt I was due an upgrade! It allows searches by almuten, antiscia, contra antiscia. It searches by planet and house cusp, you can search by a planet being ruler of a house cusp and making another aspect (eg Moon ruler of 7th house cusp AND Moon APPLYING to CONJUNCT the sun). Searches are allowed by dignity also, including Dorothean, also searches by Lord of the Hour/Day can be undertaken.

It is a bit too easy to get information overload with it!! :shock:

It is a bit too easy to get information overload with it!!
I can imagine! Thanks for explaining what it does, John. That's what I'd understood from Roy and also that there's a facility for customising the search criteria if necessary. The disk has just arrived this morning which is very exciting :D Also a very quick and efficient service since I only ordered it yesterday morning!

I think V6 is the SF Deluxe. V7 is SF Gold, so I'm at the cutting edge with this one 8) I just hope I can get my head round it. Apparently you can also add to the atlas, so at some point I'll try and add football stadiums which inexplicably aren't there by default :lol: Anyway, wish me luck!
Gem wrote:About the Liverpool game, the Moon in a cadent house might also have been a reason for goals not materialising earlier.
Good point. Once I'm an expert with my new program, I'll be able to find all the game charts with cadent Moons.....hopefully :lala

I'm just looking at the charts for the 3:00 pm kick-offs in this week's PL matches. The theme that will affect most of the matches kicking off at this time is Mars on the MC (but in detriment), and a combust Moon (about 3 degrees away from the Sun in the 9th house, applying to conjunction). Mars on the MC suggests that the teams will be fighting hard, so maybe we'll see a lot of assertive action, rather than defensive tactics or playing for time (?) The MC ruler is Venus in Virgo, in its last degree so about to enter its sign of dignity. With the Moon ending its sycle and the MC ruler just about to enter a new sign, surely there will be some surprises and changes in fortune? Any other ideas?

Oh I couldn't agree with you more - in fact I had to restrain myself from going and changing all my predictions that I'd made earlier in the week :D

I'll just take a deep breath and hope for the best.

Cheers,
Susie

I've been trying to compare the effect of Mars conj MC in last week's 3pm charts with this week's and it's doing my head in. In one of this week's games Mars is partile conjunct and last week the away/underdog won, so I'm hoping the same thing will happen again :roll:
surely there will be some surprises and changes in fortune?
Yes, I've got the feeling I'm only going to get about 3 pts this week :P

Everyone is very quiet today...
Susie wrote:The 17:30 game is a real head-scratcher! Both sigs combust, but I think it's worse for the Moon to be combust than any other planet. Therefore my prediction is a 1-0 win to Arsenal
Arsenal/Newcastle, 5.30pm BST, Asc 13,36 Cap.
Arsenal are odds-on faves and I've also gone for a win to them, 3-0. Saturn (L1) partile trine POF which it disposits. Although it's combust, as Susie says, it's further away than the Moon (L7). Jupiter sitting on Asc should help Arsenal too and will hopefully produce lots of goals, although we've already had a glut of them in the 3pm games. You were spot-on with your prognosis of the Mars effect there, Deb :'