How to work with my dispositor tree

Hey all, I'd like some feedback on how I can bring out my better nature with my particular dispositor tree, which is quite "challenging." ;) I'm concerned about the mutual reception (aka mutual deception) between Venus and Mars, and the fact that Mars disposes the majority of my planets. How will this mutual reception function and how can I properly express my Mars energy when it's in detriment?
Full chart here if you need it.
It is painful to look at your trouble and know that you yourself and no one else has made it.

Oops, maybe this should be in the "traditional" section? Never seen that separated out on an astrology forum...
It is painful to look at your trouble and know that you yourself and no one else has made it.

Nice graphic, Elf...

Alright, I can see your concern...the Mars does dominate from it's position in the 5th House, so you will need to be aware of a big tendency to take risks (which may or may not pay off). A weak Mars also damages consistency of effort (which is exacerbated by a 6th House Uranus).

But it seems that Jupiter does provide a counteracting balance. And so does your Vedic chart, where Venus is a co-ruler in Libra, and Saturn is exalted (and with no fallen planets damaging the rasi). Plus from a modern perspective, a 5th House Pluto in Scorpio is no slouch. So I don't think this is such a bad chart overall. Plenty of people with weaker Western charts and stronger Vedic rasis seem to access the strength of the stronger chart. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this.

Speaking from experience, I'm not sure how much influence the mutual reception actually has. I have Mars in Pisces (normally a weak Mars) in a mutual reception with Venus in Capricorn. The reception is one of exaltation. But I have noticed that it is the Ascendent Ruler that really takes precedence over what shows up with dispositors. You and I both have Mercury in Capricorn as Lord of the Ascendent, where it does an average-to-decent job. This is more likely to be establishing the overall tone of your Western chart.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

I have noticed that the Dalai Lama, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher all have their Mars in Libra. They are known for fighting for their people although I am no great fan of the latter.On the other hand the Marquis de Sade had his Mars in its own sign of Aries so I dont think that a planets debility means any debility for the person in question.

BTW like you I am Sun Sag with moon in Aq.

Matt

Re: Nice graphic, Elf...

Sunny Dawn wrote:Alright, I can see your concern...the Mars does dominate from it's position in the 5th House, so you will need to be aware of a big tendency to take risks (which may or may not pay off). A weak Mars also damages consistency of effort (which is exacerbated by a 6th House Uranus).
Yep! Just had one lately, and it didn't work out. I gambled a lot on this risk, and it was too late by the time I reassessed and decided it wasn't worth it :(
Sunny Dawn wrote:But it seems that Jupiter does provide a counteracting balance. And so does your Vedic chart, where Venus is a co-ruler in Libra, and Saturn is exalted (and with no fallen planets damaging the rasi). Plus from a modern perspective, a 5th House Pluto in Scorpio is no slouch. So I don't think this is such a bad chart overall. Plenty of people with weaker Western charts and stronger Vedic rasis seem to access the strength of the stronger chart. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this.
I looked into Vedic astrology quite a bit last year, though I had forgotten about it. I suppose this would be my silver lining. I still feel lost on how to access my Vedic Venus, since I am so strongly pulled under by my Venus in Sco, conjoining Pluto, Saturn, and Apollo in 5th. I feel alternately inhibited/withdrawn and exuberant/extroverted. Sometimes I go with whichever energy I'm feeling, while other times I make a real effort to access the more exuberant/prosocial energy if I need to.
Sunny Dawn wrote:Speaking from experience, I'm not sure how much influence the mutual reception actually has. I have Mars in Pisces (normally a weak Mars) in a mutual reception with Venus in Capricorn. The reception is one of exaltation.
Are you of the opinion that the two planets can swap energies? I myself find that untrue, at least so far.
Sunny Dawn wrote:But I have noticed that it is the Ascendent Ruler that really takes precedence over what shows up with dispositors. You and I both have Mercury in Capricorn as Lord of the Ascendent, where it does an average-to-decent job. This is more likely to be establishing the overall tone of your Western chart.
I agree: I've always considered my Mercury in Cap the red headed step-child of my chart, which I've obviously got to work through. I'm more comfortable with it than I was before, but I still feel like it's out of step with the rest of my energies, plus it's so "bleh" and I already have enough trouble getting across my identity as it is!

matt23z wrote:I have noticed that the Dalai Lama, Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher all have their Mars in Libra. They are known for fighting for their people although I am no great fan of the latter.On the other hand the Marquis de Sade had his Mars in its own sign of Aries so I dont think that a planets debility means any debility for the person in question.
I have heard positive interpretations of this position (every one has it's +/-), but this ruling double whammy debilitation has me by the short hairs, so it's hard for me to express any the positives (or perhaps notice them). And I do think a planet in debility does create issues for the person, but then again the life's a challenge, otherwise what's the point?
matt23z wrote:BTW like you I am Sun Sag with moon in Aq.

Matt
Hey there dream brother =) Is that dignified by Triplicity? I was so close with mine, only needed about 15 mins earlier! And geez, I was already born two weeks "late". Late bloomer o_O

Examining your Venus

You are "tremendously pulled" by that Venus because it is the only planet in your horoscope in the House of its Joy, in addition to the fact that it is debilitated. When two planets are in reception, one normally dominates, in my experience. When a planet is in the House of its Joy, it very often becomes the strongest planet in the chart, for better and for worse. So Venus dominates that reception, as you point out yourself.

Folks often miss this because the Joys fall outside the traditional categories of dignity, lordships, and dispositors. Steven Forrest has also made some rather pungent comments on Venus in its Joy (yet another chart feature that you and I share), but he has not published on the Joys, to my knowledge. Some day when I have enough of a sample size that I can interview, I would like to publish on it myself.

You will want to review Vedic astrology to gauge the timing on your planetary dasas so you can determine when and if you can access the power of the Venus and Saturn dasas. This may be more useful than trying to understand the planet natally from a Vedic perspective, although that is also worthwhile.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

I'll be in my Saturn dasas in about 20 years, and I don't think I'll live long enough to access energy from my Venus dasas.

I think having my Venus in Detriment conjoining Saturn and Pluto is really enough to get my attention! But I suppose having my Venus in its Joy is... nice? helpful? or merely a beacon of my Venus problems?