Will I ever get back to my ideal weight?

Hi:

Hope someone will pitch in and help me with this one:

I was forced into a sedentary lifestyle the last couple of years and so during that time, I put on weight. Thankfully I am more active now, but have a lot to lose and I wonder if I'll ever get back to my ideal weight, thus this chart was born. I may have asked to lose too much to get back to my "ideal".

I've got a critical degree rising and Moon just entering via combust way. What to make of it? Mars is SQU Jupiter of increase.

oh my.... it gets harder to lose it as you get older. I am having a little trouble getting up the drive to do it.

RC

RC the answer in a nutshell is NO. Mars your significator is severely weak in H11 of wishes and hopes and also Mars is sig for 6th house of diet etc. Mars hasn't really anything going for it either in the way of receptions. The best I can see here is that Mars's dispositor Venus is exceptionally strong. Venus apart from ruling 11th house rules the 7th maybe your partner/wife may be more helpfull in your weight loss like hiding the cookie jar or in my part of the world we say the biscuit tin! :lol: Be reasonable RC! Do you do what your wife tells you, I NEVER do! You KNOW what the answer is anyway. Try at least to reduce the weight, what the hell anyway. Why are you wanting to loose a ridiculous amount of weight? Have you got your eyes on some nice young girl by any chance? :-T

Your pal

Stan

First you must determine right ruler. Here are some possibilities:
If you want to do it just because of beauty, not health, than you must choose 1st house ruler. The Ascendant ruler should be dignified by sign and house in order to "get job done".
But if you "see" all this just as goal you would like to achieve, you must choose 11 house ruler. Than look for aspect between 1st and 11 house.
If you have health problems because of that than you must choose 6 house ruler and look for aspect and receptions to see who is stronger- you or illness.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

oh my.... it gets harder to lose it as you get older. I am having a little trouble getting up the drive to do it.
I can really identify with this question!

Looking at your chart its interesting Mars rules the house of health and vitality (1st) and illness (6th). In both cases the position of the significator planet in Libra means your resolution to drive this forward is not strong. As Stan has suggested this is in the house of hopes and wishes. Unfortunately, the chart doesn't back this up much.

There are additional testimonies to add to this. In traditional terms the Moon is void of course. This shows you lack the momentum in terms of energy or will power to proceed with your plan at present. Mars also rules the 5th house perhaps alluding to the comfort trap holding you back. The fact Mars is disposited by Venus the natural significator of the good life doesn't assist this matter. The Moon's presence in the via combust shows the anxiety this situation is currently giving you.

I know you do not consider the Moon VOC if it forms an aspect to an outer planet. However, the sinister trine to Neptune also has symbolism connected to losing focus and willpower. The sinister square Mars casts to Jupiter is also not that positive. Sinister aspects (following order of signs) lack the power and directness of dexter aspects which are cast vs the order of signs. Both planets here are debilitated in terms of essential dignity. The Jupiter connection to expansion is not desirable in the context of your question! Jupiter is Lord 2 and 4 indicating financial or family/home matters could side track you from your current plan.

Personally, I wouldn't write off your plan for all time. Goals are worth setting even if we do not always get the whole way. I do believe in a degree of free will. However, the current trends are not supporting your plan. Your going to need to draw on a lot more steely determination to shed all those excess pounds.

One suggestion using the 11th house connection is the support of friends or a sports club to get you into gear. Mars is ruling the 5th house of sport.

Good luck! :D

Hi all and thanks.

Yes, the chart shows my weakness for those Venus treats and the good life, tho I'm working pretty hard now on some house painting/renovating. Its not the kind of aroebic activity you really need to burn calories tho, and by the time I'm done at end of day, I'm exhausted & don't feel like getting on the elliptical machine or other exercising!

Last time I reached my goal weight, I had Saturn moving through my 1st house and I got in great shape and lost about 40 LBS! Now Saturn is moving in to oppose my Asc. into the 7th house. I wonder how that will affect things? I became a vegetarian when it hit my 6th house. I'm in great health though. BP stays around 100/64 avg. even with the extra pounds.

I was kinda hoping that moon in the Via Combust way might work to BURN UP the calories! :lala Guess it doesn't work that way.

I suppose too that the Critical degree rising means I need a lot more motivation than I currently have to move me to do it this time. Maybe all you guys telling me the chart says no, will motivate me to make it work! Although with the "ideal" weight I had in mind, that's probably not going to happen unless I get captured and held prisoner by a terrorist and starved or something. :D

Great readings there guys. Thanks.

RC

MarkC wrote:Hi RC,

On the subject of overcoming (rather than just accepting) negative indicators in a chart take a look at this article by Deborah Houlding

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/shiptravel.html

Who said horary had to be fatalistic?

I suppose it all depends on the context and type of question and as in the above chart a determination not to accept no for an answer!
Thanks for the encouragement Mark ! I will look at that.

btw... Do you & StanStar know each other? I noticed you're both in Edingurgh, Scotland.

If you eat meat, stop eating it....it sits in your bowels and goes putrid.

I hate going to the loos at work at work after a meat eater has had a dump..... STINKS !

You will loose weight, eat good food.
Remember that everything we have somebody before us shed blood,sweat and tears so we could have a better life !

RC
Last time I reached my goal weight, I had Saturn moving through my 1st house and I got in great shape and lost about 40 LBS! Now Saturn is moving in to oppose my Asc. into the 7th house. I wonder how that will affect things?
You show some history of Saturn signifing weight loss for you. A good sign! With Saturn in your 7th might mean getting someone to help that will give you encouragement and a reality check. Do an electional chart and see when would be a good time to start a diet. See a nutritionist. My son lost tons of weigth after his reality check with her.

Best of luck

Um, no. If you have other troubles in your digestive system it might slow down processing of proteins...but in a normal system this is not the case. Sorry. There might be other reasons to stop eating meat, but not this.

GH 8)

Gunhilde wrote:
Um, no. If you have other troubles in your digestive system it might slow down processing of proteins...but in a normal system this is not the case. Sorry. There might be other reasons to stop eating meat, but not this.

GH 8)
Well as I said up further in the post, I quit eating meat in 2004 (except for fish).

You can get fat without eating meats! In fact its easier to gain weight because of all the breads/pastas/ etc. that are increased when you cut out the meat. And I still eat cheeses like pizza. Oh, and of course the killer for me; Chocolate! I wish someone could hypnotize me and convince me that i hate chocolate!

RC

You can get fat without eating meats! In fact its easier to gain weight because of all the breads/pastas/ etc. that are increased when you cut out the meat. And I still eat cheeses like pizza. Oh, and of course the killer for me; Chocolate! I wish someone could hypnotize me and convince me that i hate chocolate!
I have been a vegetarian for 22 years. However, the above sounds all too familiar. :(