No of goals and planets sign position

Hi,

First of all I like to thank you for all your games analysis. It's very interesting to read even that personally I didnt had concludent results.

On one of the latest posts there were a discussion about Moon position and no of goals. So I've decided to make a small statistical analysis.

I've worked on a database of 5723 games containing Premier league between 1993 and 2007 (90% of games) and also some Romanian games.

First I've tried to see the variation of no of goals based on the Moon position. What I've found is that on Aquarius there is a tendecy to score 2 or 3 goals per match and is also the sign where Moon provided the smallest no of 0-0 and 1-0 scores. This means that Moon in Aquarius is quite good for goals.
The signs with the high level of 0-0 games occurances are Virgo,Cancer and Scorpio. For Virgo there is a tendency for extreme scores: either 0 goals or >=4 goals. The least 3 goals/game you can also find on Virgo.
The most >=4 goals/games where on Taurus Moon.

As a note: I don't have the exact starting times for all games. So I've used 18:00 GMT time. This mean that the Moon might not be very accurate. But I think that counting the high no of games the results will level ok.

I've done another analysis based on Venus,Mercury and Moon sign position. The results where quite interesting.
Below you can find the a snapshot of this results - only for Venus in Libra.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... w&hl=en_GB

I've outlined with Pink the trend for this weekend where Venus and Mercury were in Libra (7) and Moon in Aqu(11)/Pisces(12).

As you can notice there was a strong highlight for 3 goals/game. And indeed we had 4 games that ended with 2-1 score. Also for 4 and 5 goals/game there is some strong support.

I hope that this info helped.

Dan
Living Astrology Blog

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for posting these stats. I find them really interesting and they should be helpful for those of us predicting scorelines for the 3pm games.

Re the 2-1 scoreline, as I said on the Take Part thread, this is the most common score and I am still tracking it as a kind of "control" in the Guardian comp. Interestingly, using the faves/2-1 method would give a running total of 33 points. This is a lot more than any of the individual members of the Skyscript team have by a long chalk, but we'll see how it pans out over the season.

Thanks again, and do please keep us posted on your findings.

Hello Dan
Thanks from me too for your interesting post. My feeling was that Earth signs were more conductive to goals than others and was surprised to read Aquarius wasn't that 'bad' (especially in view of Neptune and Chiron being there).

It'd be better to use 3pm for matches on Saturday as that's when most games kick off.

I'd be so interested to know the House positions-goal numbers too :) (but needless to say this'll be useless unless you use the precise time)

I'm glad that this info helps you!
Gem wrote:Hello Dan
Thanks from me too for your interesting post. My feeling was that Earth signs were more conductive to goals than others and was surprised to read Aquarius wasn't that 'bad' (especially in view of Neptune and Chiron being there).
If you switch to other planet instead of Moon we will have different results.
Mercury in Aq. is more for 0-0 result than the average.
For Mercury we have a lot of goals (>=4) on Gemini - 105 higher than the average. In the same time Mercury in Gemini favour 0-0. It's similar to Moon in Virgo - extreme results. Mercury in Sag and Cap are also favouring >4 goals while Leo is readucing the possibility of having more than 4 goals/game.

For Venus we have:
- Pisces ,Scorpio and Virgo for 0-0 and Aries,Cancer and Capricorn for at least 1 goal
- Gemini and Aquarius are fav. >=4 goals while Cancer and Taurus are for less than 4 goals.
- For Venus in Virgo I found an strong deviation (5%) from the average in favour of 2 goals/match
It'd be better to use 3pm for matches on Saturday as that's when most games kick off.
I will try to update it with real starting times. But it will take some time.
I'd be so interested to know the House positions/goal numbers too
I dont have this feature yet. I'm using a modified version of Configuration Hunter ( www.configurationhunter.com ). Actually it's a totally new version of the software - and I'm working on for 2 years and still adding new things.

Regarding game prediction I have a different approach. I'm more focused on the 'team chart' rather on the game chart. Thats' why I've build this database of games. Until now I didn't build up a model that will work well but I'm close to some interesting results. I've done a lot of research on find teams starting dates and validate them.

Last season I've made a small analysis which turned to be accurate. http://www.ciuboda.com/post/premier-lea ... rology/111

Dan
Living Astrology Blog

In conclusion?

My opinion is that Manchester United will win the championship this year and the first 4 places will look like this:

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool or Everton

Dan
Wow that's very impressive :' Congrats for the correct predictions! What are your thoughts for this year? Which date did you use for Man Utd?

May I also congratulate you on your brilliant software, Configuration Hunter. You must be an extremely talented Gemini rising person.

Thanks Gem! :bl

I didnt had time to finalize the analysis for this year. I've started a few months ago but I will have to finish it.

For MU I've used 26th of April 1902 11:00am
http://www.ciuboda.com/post/astrology-m ... r-1958/101

Another interesting thing that will might help you: an important axis is the 2-8. I've observed that many teams had excellent results on positive transits on 8th house. The 2nd house is not so good for teams.

My explanation is that the 8th house is the 'output' of the 7th house: relationships among players. This means 'goals' scored. We are dealing with a team and not a single entity. Therefore for team charts the 7th house is more important than 1st...at least for games results.
Living Astrology Blog

For the Champions League tonight we have the following : Moon in Aries and Mercury/Venus in Libra.

From the goals point of view there is a statistic (made for Premier League - but it can be extrapolated):
- 0 goals 10%
- 1 goal 20%
- 2 goals 20%
- 3 goals 30%
- 4 goals 10%
- 7 goals 10%

In my opinion there is a great change to have a 7 goals game. My candidates are : Roma v CFR Cluj-Napoca and Werder Bremen v Anorthosis Famagusta. Possible score 7-0,6-1 and 5-2 - for those 2 games.

Compared with the average goal distribution (all 5000 games) we have the following situation:
- 0 goals : +1.2%
- 1 goal: +0.9%
- 2 goals: -4,8%
- 3 goals: +9.7%
- 4 goals: -4.3%
- 5 goals: -7.1%
- 6 goals : -3.5%
- 7 goals: +8.5%

We have an increase chance for 3 goals/game meaning 3-0 or 2-1.

I also think that we should have at least 1 game with 0-0 result. I suspect Basle v Shakhtar Donetsk or PSV v Atletico Madrid.

We shall see tonight.

Dan
Living Astrology Blog

ciuboda wrote:For MU I've used 26th of April 1902 11:00am
http://www.ciuboda.com/post/astrology-m ... r-1958/101

Hello all, and thank you Dan for the information.

I have Manchester United forming on 28th April 1902.

Whilst clubs claim formation as early as possible, to a time prior to the name they are known by now, like Dan I prefer to use a date when the club and its supporters use the name that they associate with.
Hence I look at Manchester United for 1902 and not to a date when they were Newton Heath, and similarly with Manchester City rather than when they were known as Ardwick.

My query is whether the date of formation (if known) is the best date or the date of the first game. I appreciate that in a lot of cases clubs form after the end of a season and play a first game at the start of a season. In Manchester United's case the first league game was in September 1902, away at Gainsborough.

Thanks for the comments about the Champions League goals. It would be good if Dan could make weekly suggestions for Premiership games and also other major competitions -that is the Champions League.

I look forward to seeing the 7 goal games!!