Uranus in the 5th in a Solar Return chart

In my upcoming SR (resident) chart, Uranus in the 5th opposes both Saturn and the Moon in the 11th. Notwithstanding the loaded 3rd and 4th houses (every other planet in the SR chart is either in the 3rd or 4th), what are some connotations of this aspect? Solar Return charts are a new-ish area for me, and I tend to interpret things from a horary perspective, which isn't always helpful! I can't get any satisfaction from web-searches for this SR aspect, and am too skint to buy a book on the subject right now! :lol:

"Freedom in love affairs vs. structured ideals"?? Eh?

Any ideas from those au fait with SR charts?

Thanks!

GH :)

In my upcoming SR (resident) chart, Uranus in the 5th opposes both Saturn and the Moon in the 11th. Notwithstanding the loaded 3rd and 4th houses (every other planet in the SR chart is either in the 3rd or 4th), what are some connotations of this aspect?
If we accept the idea that the nativity shows the promise or potential and the solar return shows when that potential will be realized, then the above aspect will only have meaning if it somehow triggers a promise in the nativity. In other words, do you have Uranus, Saturn, Moon, aspects in the nativity? If so, what do they indicate in the nativity, and if they indicate anything in the nativity, the return indicates it will happen this year. On the other hand, if there is nothing in the nativity that is so related, then this aspect most likely means nothing. It's a lot more involved than this. I'm only giving a simplified explanation for brevity's sake.

A solar return without a natal delineation is not worth very much. Millions upon millions of people born on your birthday, regardless of year, will all have this aspect in their solar return; many of them will have it in the same houses. It is not reasonable that it should mean the same thing to all of them.

Tom

A solar return without a natal delineation is not worth very much. Millions upon millions of people born on your birthday, regardless of year, will all have this aspect in their solar return; many of them will have it in the same houses. It is not reasonable that it should mean the same thing to all of them.
Excellent, Tom, thanks. That's the sort of advice I like: concise and to the point.

The only 'involvement' from these planets in my natal chart is a Saturn/Moon conjunction in the 3rd; neither relate at all to Uranus, whose only aspect is a square to Mercury. In the SR chart Saturn and the Moon aren't conjunct; only in the same sign and house. I also have an empty 5th house in my natal chart, so no correlations there, either. I do, however, have an 11th house Sun/Venus (both roughly square to the Saturn and Moon in the SR chart), so perhaps this is where the trigger is, instead?

Okay, so no sexual kinkiness for me, then! :lol:

GH :'

Without looking at the charts in question, (something I really don't have time to do) it is impossible to give an accurate answer. As I understand it, Saturn and the Moon are in the same sign in the return and conjunct (and I assume in the same sign) in the nativity. Unless this was super tight, I probably wouldn't use Uranus at all, but that's me.

Regardless of the fact that the signs in the nativity that hold Saturn and Moon and the signs in the return that hold Saturn and the Moon are probably different, this could indicate some kind of trigger of the promise of the nativity, albeit not a strong one unless other strong factors drag these two in. The way to look at this is that Saturn in whatever sign in the nativity and Moon in whatever sign both "mean something (to use modern jargon)" or more correctly "promise something" or have the potential to deliver something (to use more traditional understanding). The fact that both planets are conjunct in the return indicates that, in some way, the meaning of Saturn and the Moon in the nativity will manifest this year, probably by being brought together or bringing together something that is or has been separate, but somehow linked. The astrologer has to first determine what it is that is "promised" in the nativity, and then determine how that will manifest according to the return. It isn't easy, and in this case, it may not be much of anything. Every year in our lives is not spectacular. The problem is that all the texts show spectacular examples.

Caveat: my use of the word "promise" in this sense is not meant to convey some kind of guarantee, but rather potential. Astrology texts tend to use it in the sense of, "He shows great promise." There is no guarantee (as in, "I promise I'll do that") that the promise will be realized.

Let's try a simple make believe example. A weak Mars in the 2nd of the nativity indicates squandering of money. This is the place of the native's natal Mars. Therefore the native has potential to squander resources and perhaps has done so in the past. In the return, Mars is in the second repeating its natal position, and return Jupiter makes a nice trine with the ruler of the natal second from the return 4th. The "promise" of the chart is squandered money. In the return Jupiter indicates inheriting from the parents estate, but then Mars repeating his position in the second triggers the meaning of the nativity and therefore indicates squandering the inheritance. A little free will is in order here, and the astrologer should make sure he is paid in advance.

There is a lot more to solar returns than this. It is a full time study in itself.

Tom