Should we buy a house

I was asked this question yesterday - I haven't tackled a house chart before so I thought I would try

Question "Should we buy a house"
Date 22 Feb 09
Time 17:05:01
52N 1W
Ascendant Virgo 00 39 minutes (extremely early)
Day of Sun Hour of Saturn Moon is Slow and Peregrine

Firstly, there is lots of action in 6th, 7th and 8th houses
(it seems this is to be an investment - buy to let) so this describes the situation well tenants, sellers and money

The supposed house is 4th cusp - Scorpio
Mars its ruler is in 6th (tenants) its dispositor is Saturn which is in 1st house - shows the interest in letting out but it is Rx which shows being undecided getting nowhere fast

The house being in a fixed sign also shows stability (house market in general) its 2nd house of income is ruled by Saturn the houses income coming to house 1 hopefully but could mean hard to let or drain on resources - not sure about this (Rx Saturn)

The houses price will be 10th house its ruler is Venus - it is in 8th - but going by 5 degree rule must be counted as in 9th - legal contracts - leases - signing of same - but Venus is in its own detriment and also in the Fall of Saturn.

I cannot make up my mind whether this means the price of the hypothetical house will be down or whether it means it will rise. I did read somewhere that if it is neither Fixed or Angular it means that the price will go higher shortly - Venus has 17 degrees and 14 minutes to go before it enters Taurus a Fixed sign - which I presume will mean it will stabilise. Venus has more dignity than Mars so the prices at the moment for property is I believe still quite high am I right?

So is this a good time to buy or should this person wait. I would think that waiting would be a good idea but till when?

The aspects show connection between Mercury (asc) and Mars the house
Mercury (asc) and Jupiter (sellers) Moon (secondary ruler) Mars the house (this obviously could just mean emotionally wanting to buy a house) Moon will translate light to Jupiter after contacting Mercury so is there going to be someone as a go between to set the deal up? Also there is a sextile from Mercury to Venus showing a deal will be done.

The house receives the ruler of the 12th house into its detriment - what does this mean - house in a secluded place, hidden nasties?

I have to stop there - I am doing my usual thing of tying myself in knots - any help would be appreciated.

Dolly

Should we buy a house

Hello again,

I have been having another look and noticed something which I should have picked up on - that Mars is in its house of joy in the 6th - Unfortunately I don't understand what this means in this context - I only know that a planet in its joy has the most power it can possibly have. Can someone enlighten me.

Keeping on studying,

Dolly

Hi, dolly

First things, I would ask that you would put your city in the data for your horary. It is not likely that will be any lost of privacy, and it will easy things up for us readers, and this reflects in more answers to your question.

This is a REALLY early degree. It is a very strong sign that there is a problem with the question. Maybe the person who asked you "should I buy the house" in reality already made up their mind. Or maybe that is not the real question and something totally different like "will my husband left me ? If he left me I will not buy this house" is in querent?s thoughts.

Saturn in the first house is yet another indication of this. I would walk with care here. Maybe you should go back and question the querent again and again untill you know for sure.

If we assume that question is radical, than I would have to say that this does not look good for me. As the question was "should I", I am assuming the place is available if the decision is made. As the house is being bought for renting, then the 10th show the potencial profit.

We have a debilitaded venus as ruler of the profit of renting. Besides that we have a weak saturn in the first house, a peregrine mars representing the 4th, both mercury and jupiter are in aversion to its own signs.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Should we buy a house

Hi Yuzuru

I did go back and ask the lady in question and she said that she was thinking of leaving her husband and was worried about whether to go and buy herself a house or try to patch things up with him. As far as I know there is not a particular house that she has seen its just a question if this would be a good idea now with the housing market as it is. I think she is afraid of buying a house and it turning into some sort of financial nightmare on which she will lose money. She had plans to rent it out eventually I think but she wasn't any more forthcoming than that I am afraid.

Dolly

hi
there is a set of considerations before judgment, that many astrologers don?t follow but I think they are extremely important. I am copying what Deb wrote in another thread
But really it is not about the chart being radical, it is about the *question* being radical, and this 'check' is just one way for an astrologer to double-check whether the querent is asking a properly focused question that comes straight from the heart/soul.
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 6705#36705

In the case, you already know that the real problem is not any house, is about her future with her husband. So the chart that you already have may be read and interpreted, but will probably be either confuse or useless.

So, what I personally would do is talk again to the querent and negociate what she really wants to ask. But you will have to decide your own route.

I already explained my working... what exactly would you want me to explain ?

Best regards
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

This case is such a good example that you can't ignore crucial things (which I have a tendency to do), even if the main significators are in potential good aspect and/or conjunction. Here, besides the main significators being peregrine or in fall and in weak or insecure houses, Jupiter (the husband/marriage/real quesited) is amazingly right in between Mercury (querent) and Mars (the apparent quesited), as if to not only block things but show the true nature of the question!

- so the husband does not want her to leave and is blocking her - am I right
Hi Dolly,

No, the main thing I was trying to say (not very well) was that there did indeed seem to be some crucial indications that the stated question about buying the house may not be the real one (as yuruzu pointed out), although I realized later the above example I gave wasn't a very good one, since Jupiter could represent the theoretical seller of the house as well as the husband.

Also, even though there are actually quite a few potential connections (conjunctions/sextile) between the seeming main significators, those significators and their houses are so weak that I think actually acting on them might be a big mistake.

But aside from that, no, I definitely wasn't suggesting or assuming anything about the husband's feelings on the matter. That's a different subject and maybe even a whole new chart.

Hope that clears things up, and sorry about the confusion.