New way of looking at the Premiership

The Premiership contains 20 teams. Could there be a new way of looking at these teams and evaluating there potential strengths prior to a game? I would suggest appointing the teams to the planetary metals according their placements in the league. My suggestion would be as follows:

Sun - Gold : 1 - 2
Moon - Silver : 3 - 4
Venus - Bronze: 5 - 7
Jupiter - Tin : 8 - 11
Mars - Iron : 12 - 15
Saturn - Lead : 16 - 20

This was you would get some interesting evaluations between either teams on the same level or teams on different rungs of the ladder.
I haven't tested this out. It was just an idea. Any comments?
http://www.astronor.com

Yes interesting but look at the current table.
With due respect, clubs like Hull are at the 5th, Fulham 7th, while the champions are at 14th (and I'll not mention where Spurs are).
I'm not sure how it can be used for
evaluating there potential strengths prior to a game
For now at least.
Last edited by Gem on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

This years league is too young! Better judged from last years result. However, it is interesting if the opening matches can give us a clue.

ManU seem to be hassled with their 1-1 opening against Newcastle. The lower team having the upper hand of this team and really giving the champs a problem with getting out of the pit.

Better judged from last years result.
But we have to take the current form into consideration as well. For example, Fulham beat Arsenal at the beginning of this season; Villa are sparkling right now and may be possibly able to beat any of the Top Four, whereas the Champions are struggling as you mentioned.

But I do like the idea of allocating the planetary metals very much :' The clubs in the relegation zone in the Saturn-Lead, the Top Four in the Golden Sun... very appropriate! Yes maybe later in the season...

What kind of "potential strengths" would you be looking at? Say, if a Saturn team were playing a Venus team, e.g. Blackburn v Fulham. Venus is essentially stronger but would you also be considering accidental dignities in the match chart?

Ficina said:
...but would you also be considering accidental dignities in the match chart?
I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I want to see if we can come up with something. If Venus is playing Saturn I would give Venus points for swift motion and her locality to Spica but I would substract points for he application to Pluto through signs of long ascension. Saturn I would give points for coming out from the Sun's Beams and for receiving the trine of Jupiter. Maybe the Moon's sinister square to Saturn can cause some suprize backward decision. Summary: Saturn looking strong, Venus protected but with the potential of running into trouble? :???:

I'm not willing to put money on this, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty! :lala

Sunderland plays Middlesbrough today as Moon applies square to Saturn. Maybe this application causes a more severe 'dent' in the team's perfomance ability and it is more difficult for a team to 'get out of the rut' if loosing a game with such clear significations. I think I have got the 29year old 'Lightening Ghost' and Battle of Oslo-teams running in the back of my mind (see other topic). How can one game set about a jinx or a cycle that it takes a Man's Age to shake off?

What I like about this approach is that we get different planets pitted against each other. This makes a pleasant change from the limited combinations for L1 and L7 that we have in event charts, i.e. Sun/Saturn, Moon/Saturn, Merc/Jup and Venus/Mars. It will also give us different "significators" for games being played at the same time.

I've had a quick look at some of last week's results. Wigan/Sunderland, both at Saturn level - result 1-1. Makes sense. However, Newcastle/Hull, both at Mars level - result 1-2 :? Spurs(Saturn)/Villa(Jupiter) - result 1-2. Jupiter was very elevated in the match chart, in 10th, just 3 degs from MC, so that makes sense too.
I'm not willing to put money on this, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty!
We have to get our hands dirty when we're trying out new methods, even if we end up with mud on our faces 8)

We have to get our hands dirty when we're trying out new methods, even if we end up with mud on our faces 8)
Is that really you, Ficina?? 8) :shock: :D

I do think that maybe viewing the planets on their own merit could give a hint to how different parts of the league was performing. Ie Saturn coming out of the Suns Beams might show strength at the bottom, or the beginning of something... :neutral: