The cusp of the 6th (I'd look at the 6th ie the jobs we do to earn money rather that the 10th ie the career) in Aquarius should also be one of the significators of having hard time finding a steady job and frequently changing jobs . It also often says the incoms will not be coming on regualr basis. I myself have got the cusp of the 6th there and it works. Though, I've also got a Moon in my 6th.

Thanks Aglaya

The person I have in mind has been in top positions like VP,Director etc. in various banks. But does't stick in one bank. His earnings has been substantial every time. He is 56,well talented and highly knowledgeable. But now without any job. Why ? Just curious which planetary combinations are responsible for this

His birth details: DOB-6,July,1953: TOB-11.12 PM: Place:Villupuram (India)79E29/11N26

will appreciate further input on this

Kannan

Re: frequent job change

Friend,
(accoding to vedic astrology)
As per details given by you, Ketu in 5th house in cancer sign is resposible for frequent job changes. According to me discontinution of job is directly related with fifth house, also I have observed this thing in many cases. Also the presence of Rahu in 11th house shows multiple sources of income. Also, 9th house lord Mars is combust, which also confirm the above problem. Kindly chech this's attitude toward his job.

Thanks,

J K Sharma

Thank you Sharmaji for your reply. I agree that frequent transfers are due to Kethu in 5th house. But why should it occur in Jupiter major period
throughout, for Jupiter as Asc. and 10th lord has nothing to do with transfers. He is still searching for a job.Will he succeed ? But the problem is he is not very much inclined to take up a job There is no push on his part to 'go and get it" This is his attitude if you want to talk about. He is jumping jobs for two reasons 1. he does't like the way the banks are functioning and 2. he is sffering from nagging head ache for the last 15 years not being able to concentrate on his work.

Regards

kannan

Hello kannan and JK Sharma,

this person is now running Jupiter/Rahu, the last sub-period of Jupiter in Vimsottari dasha, and maybe when the Jupiter main period - Jupiter being the 10th ruler - has been committed to career, this phase of life is now about to end. The Rahu sub-period could herald that. Rahu is in Capricorn, a sign ruled by Saturn, the planet indicating change and upheavals. The 11th house is about business and money and Rahu in the 11th house tells about dissatisfaction and mysterious restlessness pertaining to those things which has now activated. A completely new major period (Saturn) will begin in 2009 or 2010 depending on ayanamsa one uses. It may indicate a shift away from career matters, other things becoming more important.

Rahu is in Capricorn, a sign ruled by Saturn, the planet indicating change and upheavals.
I don't think I've ever heard of Saturn ruling change and upheavals. In western astrology, at least, Saturn rules structure and preservation; it's a very conservative planet.

I'd be more inclined to look at Uranus for change and upheavals, or Pluto.

Having said that, I have Neptune in the 10th house, and I've never stayed in a job for more than two years. I *still* haven't decided 'what to do when I grow up', and I'm nearing 40.

Maybe that's because I don't want to grow up. I don't know. :lol:

Gunhilde

Gunhilde wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of Saturn ruling change and upheavals. In western astrology, at least, Saturn rules structure and preservation; it's a very conservative planet.
Hi Gunhilde,

this is per traditional Indian astrology. Interestingly enough, in India Saturn is classified as a Vata or "airy" planet, that is why it indicates change. Traditionally Saturn signifies decay, decomposition, rotten food, corrosion, old age, etc. among other things, so maybe Saturn could be not only about structures but also about their disintegration.

Indians use the sidereal zodiac and the sidereal signs ruled by Saturn, Capricorn and Aquarius, are now tropically covered by Aquarius and Pisces, two signs given to outer planets Uranus and Neptune in modern astrology. Uranus and Neptune circle behind the orbit of Saturn and since the days of Rudhyar and Jones they are considered to represent the entities that dissolve the boundaries of Saturn. But in Indian/sidereal astrology that same part of the zodiac is ruled by Saturn himself! That might be another reason why it's interpreted differently.

In the chart under consideration Rahu/North Node is tropically located in Aquarius. Tropical Aquarius is naturally interested in new things and change. That trait doesn't change when switching to the sidereal zodiac, but now it's sidereal Capricorn that gives the same coolly intellectual and unprejudiced energy. Barack Obama represents that quality well with his tropical Aquarius / sidereal Capricorn ascendant when he has been criticised of being too intellectual and analytical for Americans.

Ernst Wilhelm writes about Saturn in Graha Sutras, a modern translation and commentary on parts of Brihat Parashara Hora Sastra, the basic text of Indian astrology from the medieval era, as follows:
Saturn is Vata and so he is responsible for many of the big changes in life, the greatest of which is death. All other changes that require letting go and loss are due to Saturn. Saturn is also the Graha that helps us deal with these inevitable changes. (---) All Saturn can do is to survive.
Saturn is said to be "indolent" and so he is not one to pursue ambitions and aspirations, rather he is pushed through life. The need for survival is what gets him up in the mornings. Saturn is the part of us that gets up to struggle, for if we don't struggle we will fall behind. (---)
Saturn is considered to be lame and as such he represents our weaknesses and our liabilities, whether physical, mental, psychological or financial. Just as a lame man is still able to make a journey, Saturn gives us the capacity to succeed even in the face of our weaknesses and liabilities. (---)
Saturn's coarse hair reveals his animal tendencies, which are nothing mre thant the instinct to survive, which requires food for personal survival and sex for the survival of species.
Compare this with Bonatti who says:
And if a Saturnian man undertook to esteem someone (which rarely happens), he will esteem him with true esteem. And if he undertook to hate someone (which often happens), he will hate him with en extreme hatred, and will hardly or never desist from that hatred.
Also according to Bonatti Saturn signifies sailors, faraway and laborious pilgrimages and hard and tough prisons, and also those who do not abhor to drink waters of bad and convertible taste and who will eat rotten fish and rotten meats without any harm (this is if Saturn is badly conditioned). To put it shortly, Saturn here signifies coarse, hard, dirty, manly and almost bestial conditions where only the tough survive ? this Western medieval interpretation of Saturn differs from the picture given in classical Indian texts far less than that given by modern Western astrology.

Sari

Re: frequent job change

Thank you Sharmaji for your reply. I agree that frequent transfers are due to Kethu in 5th house. But why should it occur in Jupiter major period
throughout, for Jupiter as Asc. and 10th lord has nothing to do with transfers. He is still searching for a job.Will he succeed ? But the problem is he is not very much inclined to take up a job There is no push on his part to 'go and get it" This is his attitude if you want to talk about. He is jumping jobs for two reasons 1. he does't like the way the banks are functioning and 2. he is sffering from nagging head ache for the last 15 years not being able to concentrate on his work.
For your 1st question; I would like to express my opinion i.e. Look at the palcement of Jupitor (As 10th house lord) from 10th house. Here jupitor from 10th house is sitauated in 6th house (also from Asc. it is in 3rd house). Again consider the properties of 6th house in genarl way. 6th house shows difficulties, debt, irrritating nature (as per Parashar hora shastra) etc. Also Jupitor is in enemy's sign i.e. Taurus with Venus. This condition of Jupitor is indicator for Person's attitude. His attitude is of slightly irritating and Commanding nature. Also, Juptior in 3rd house indicate that other people will consider his as egoeistic person.
For 2nd question, 2nd house lord Mars is combust which indicate for nagging head ache. It may show some negative effect on eyesight.
Also look at Moon. Moon is cold and Mars is hot or fire-sign. This position is also indicator nagging head ache.

Thank you Sharmaji for your clarification. It is very much appreciated.
For a moment I thought "Kendradipathya Dosham" is also responsible for all these problems happening in Jupiter's major period in as much as the Kendra lord is placed in 6 (sick house) from his sign. Also Bhavath-Bhava (10 to 10) viz. 7th house has malefic saturn adding further to the problem. I hope I am not wrong

Regards

Kannan

Papretis,
Saturn is said to be "indolent" and so he is not one to pursue ambitions and aspirations, rather he is pushed through life. The need for survival is what gets him up in the mornings. Saturn is the part of us that gets up to struggle, for if we don't struggle we will fall behind.

Thank you for this quote above. I've got to tell you, In my experience, most Capricorns I know are exactly that, indolent. "Not one to pursue ambitions and aspirations".

Good people mind you, but they do NOT take the initiative, and pretty much want everyone to do things for them. They are huge procrastinators! Its odd, hard workers, but just not engaged or serious about the important things in life. What NEEDS to be done. They also bury their heads in the sand if a serious situation comes up and hopes it goes away. They do NOT take action, but instead, REACT.

Very reactionary, so that the serious situation has been going on for a long time, rather than take the initiative to fix the problem or discuss it, they ignore it, as if it will go away by itself. Then when it explodes in their face, they are very surprised.

As a matter of fact I was just thinking this about Capricorns, that they should NOT be considered a Cardinal sign, as cardinal signs INITIATE action, and Capricorns definitely do NOT do that. As a matter of fact they shy away from any sort of confrontation.

All these traits are a real surprise to me, as what is passed on in books, etc, is the opposite. Your quote is one of the more that I find ON TARGET!

Thanks for sharing that!

From a traditional western astrological viewpoint there might be several testimonies.

1 Mercury or the Moon placed in or ruling the the 10th house. Both imply a changeable nature. In terms of rulership I would check Almutens as well as domicile rulers.

2 Cardinal signs on the cusp of the 10th house or in the house of the 10th house ruler.

In traditional astrology ( unlike modern astrology) the signs most inclined to restlessness and change are the cardinal signs ie Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Modern astrologers might expect Capricorn to be more stable due to its earth element, feminine character, and Saturn rulership. This is probably true compared to the other cardinal signs. Nevertheless, there is a desire for change posited in the signs cardinal nature.

3 Peregrine planets placed in the 10th or ruling it (ie these planets have none of the 5 essential dignities). This traditionally indicates a wanderer.This might explain the Aquarian connection since the Sun is in detriment here. Thus an Aquarian or Libran Sun are frequently peregrine too. Its worth checking what house they fall in and what house they rule.

My own chart seems to provide good testimonies reflecting my rather restless career path. Using whole sign houses my natal peregrine Aquarian Sun is placed in the 10th house. I have a peregrine Mercury conjunct the MC in Capricorn. Although my chart is heavily biased to fixed signs (Sun, Moon Ascendant) I am as I quite a roamer in terms of jobs. The longest I have stayed in any particular job is just over 3 years. Although I have stayed within the same sector for over 15 years. Fortunately, this hopping around has not had a detrimental effect for me career wise. Perhaps as my natal Mercury is conjunct Venus and trine Jupiter. The Moon is the co-almuten of my ascendant and is also peregrine.

I have also found the 2nd house planets and/or its ruler very useful in establishing job skills and talents. Its not just reflecting our money making ability but also all the resources we have to offer. Mercury rules my second house and reflects my type of work very well as an adviser on the law and more lately as a trainer.