aglaya wrote:The cusp of the 6th (I'd look at the 6th ie the jobs we do to earn money rather that the 10th ie the career) in Aquarius should also be one of the significators of having hard time finding a steady job and frequently changing jobs . It also often says the incoms will not be coming on regualr basis. I myself have got the cusp of the 6th there and it works. Though, I've also got a Moon in my 6th.
I agree with you on Aquarius on 6th cusp.
I have this placement and have frequently changed jobs.

I have gemini MC and my mercury is in sag, I changed many jobs
frequently
and i really can not achieve stability.
I have pisces cusp at 6th house. Neptune conjunct sun opposing the MC

So maybe it is an affect too, I have never thought about it. But with gemini MC it seems i will go on to change jobs just that right now, I applied for masters degree and i am having lessons and i am again studying in the evenings and I am going to work on weekdays, so I am kind of in a difficult situation , I shouldn't leave job , I need stability.
I have transit saturn square sun so , I am just hoping transiting uranus doesn't affect Midhaeven and make me leave job or that i hope I don't get fired.

Just thought I'd interject something here, I also frequently change jobs, I do contract work and I have a tenth house Moon in fact Cancer Rules my tenth house and moon is leo moon. I also make a lot of money at what I do, but I end up needing it to live between contracts, so I'd like to suggest that you pay more attention to it being a tenth house moon... and not necessarily other factors. :)

Granny

Thank you, Steven, for sharing your observations, it's always great to hear new thoughts on a certain matter based on many delineations. I'll sure try to check what you're suggesting in some of the charts.

Now, I wrote an answer to your post this afternoon but have accidentaly switched off my computer so I lost it and, basically it goes along with what granny_scot is suggesting- the influence of the Natal Moont. Of course, this is also just my impression but I've noticed that the Moon itself (especially when there are mutable signs on the cusps of relevant houses) can bring often changes. But, i've also noticed, Natives often feel good in the sorroundings or spheres of life described by the house where their Moon is placed. People often make changes in that field voluntarilly or, if the changes are inevitable- they don't seem to suffer much or find the way to adjust easilly (Or the way finds them :) . I started paying more attention to that when I realized many people who have had to move often don't really have the Moon in their 4th while, on the other hand, many people who DECIDE to change houses (even towns) very often (and always have "a good reason" for that choice) have got their Moon placed there! If people do experience to be forced into a change that they think will make their lives miserable, often adopt very easily because they find something attractive in it. My Moon is in the 6th (double body signs all over the pro area :) ) but, though it can be very, very frustrating to work as an overqualified worker and use your high school diploma instead of your Masters degree (needless to mention- having people less educated than you are for bosses) I always liked the places where I worked. Even loved going there. Because, my Moon obviously likes being there, in the 6th. (I may, of course, be wrong here but I think its fits the acctual story in many cases). With Moon and Cancer sharing the same nature, it is close to what GS is suggesting.

But, people don't neccessarilly spend their whole lives searching for a better job. Sometimes they change 20 jobs and than their pro life settles down and they spend the rest of their career in the same firm. Some, on the other hand, go through 20 or so beautiful years, "tucked in" the security of a permanent job they like and then suddenly get fired, or their firm cuts down the number of employees and they have to change who knows how many jobs and do all sorts of things just to reach the age when they can retire. That is where, perhaps, your observations, steven, can be helpful- the signs of permanent career instability.

Though, the Natal chart can only tell us what the Stars have for us as a promise. it's the potential. We'll all eventually use our own peronalities to take advantages from that promise and to achieve (or fail to achieve) what we think is best for us. Our destiniy is our character and it can often point us to see how a personality might use the potential promised by stars. Basically, the only way from the signs in the chart to the answer closest to the outcome is our common sense. i
'll give you a great example from one young man's chart. His Moon is in the 6th just like mine but his 10th house is very promising. Though I know he is a very thorough worker, constant learner and patient person, always to improve his knowledge- he should also be very lucky when it comes to his career. But his 2nd house, its ruler and his Asc ruler were more than clearly suggesting- he feels the urge to make money and to be financially independent. >Much less, she must have felt thyt urge at a very early age of life.He is not obsesed with it, he just strives to a ceratin security and will not sit and wait for his grandfather to leave him a house he could sell and make the money. His Mars is very strong, he's quite an athlete but has never really been interested in sports and I was pretty sure he started feeling that urge to become financially independent when he was just a kid. (The desription of his character was forsing me to asume he's use this promise even the 6th house description though, When I met him, he had already been a financial advisor for a few years). So, I put 2 and 2 together- he is a strong young man, full of energy, willing to work hard and has probably start thinking of how to make his own money long time ago but he couldn't have been a professional for more than 7-8 years. So I asked him- how young were you when you had found your first job? he said- 14! He had told his parents he wanted to work! They were objecting because there was no need , it was basically against the law and they were, naturally, worried because their 14 years old son wants more money (what for?). But, he didn't need the money- he needed to earn it. So, his father asked a few of his friends who own private private firms if he could do "jobs" such as cleaning, taking their garbage out etc. The moment he turned 16 he applied for his first "real job" during summer vacations and it continued like that for the next 10 years. When he was a student, he spent 3 years putting products on shelves of a huge shop. I don't think it gets more dull than that. (Now he is a financial adviser). And he said he liked each one of these jobs though some of them were extremely hard. By the time he was 24 he had changed 32 jobs. But, his lucky 10th house soon jumped in and, only 3 days after his last exame, he got a job in a bank. He may be changing banks and firms many more times during his pro career but I don't really think leaving a job for a better one should be considered instability. After all, it's been 7 years since he had started working in this bank. So, basically, it was his character that gave the answer to this question- he has got a real good promise for his pro career but you can't work as a professional before you become one, right? And he didn't want to wait so he choosed to do anything just to earn money before he actually got his first career opportunity.
Last edited by aglaya on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Steven

What you wrote above makes good sense.

I'd be most grateful if you or anyone could help me to understand:
the Lord of the 10th falls in aversion (cadent) to its domicile on the 10th
Does this mean the Lord of the 10th being in the 9th?? I'm not sure what 'to its domicile on the 10th' means.

It means that it doesn?t "see" or "behold" the sign.

Example, the MC in Capricorn, the ruler of 10th is saturn. If saturn is in one of the signs that don?t behold capricorn (aquarius, gemini, leo and sagitarius), then, the ruler "can?t see" the MC and is in aversion.

There are factors that can mittigate aversion, like being in rulership (like saturn in aquarius), antiscia, contra-antiscia, applying to a planet that do see the sign, etc.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

@Steven

My question is this, do you change jobs or contracts of your professional services? It's one thing to be self-employed and contract your services to different clients and another thing to change jobs. Every professional astrologer should then have the Moon in the 10th for we contract our services to many different people and the nature of the astrological consultation changes according to what the client wants, i.e. horary, electional, muncane matters or natal matters. The truth of the matter is the job never changes; a professional astrologer is consistently practicing astrology! He does not change jobs.

I agree there- it's the nature of the profession that we ought to take into consideration in some cases. Some jobs are simply not "permanent" ina way the person will be bounded to his profession by a unique job contract his whole life. Some jobs are about making a new contract each time the last job gets done. And there's another "version" - some people do change their working environments numerous times during their pro careers yet- each time they simply transfer to a better position in another firm. Or another place they think they'll like better. It's common in advertising, among advisors etc. but they keep their pro reputation, much less, they get new job offers thanks to it and stay in their priofession. So, it is a ceratin stability in an unstable profession, sort of speaking, and it should be readable from the chart.

I've seen many charts of people working on TV and in the Film industry- though the charts are usually pretty descriptive when it comes to their professions- the indications of the instability is present only in the charts of those who usually have a hard time finding a new job once their previous contract expires. So, it's basically the stability point that makes the difference- whether someone will change his jobs because he's always after a better position or because it's the nature of this profession or if he'll encounter difficulties finding a steady job and, by that i mean- a steady job in the same firm (institution) or the ability to start something new each time the previous job is done.

The lack of the posibility to "keep the job" or stay in the profession is of a great importance- we do what we do because we need to make the money and to survive. We often also do what we do because we we enjoy it but, regardless of the point of view; the lack of the posibility to remain on that safe field is highly stressful for a person either way.

Of course, the presence of the Moon or any other indication of "change" could be descriptive for that person's job but it's the potential discontinuity that is important because it will potentially prevent them from being the ones to choose when the change will happen and why. It's a great thing to find a new client every day if you're a lawyer or a dentis, but it's an awful thing to get fired every month! :)

Finally, that presence of the Moon in a relevant house does go along with what I have noticed in many charts (and have mentioned in my previus post)- we often feel good in "the house" occupied by our Natal Moon and it could be one of the indications we'll enjoy a dynamic pro life witjh lots of changes.

There is a lot of interesting information in this thread: thank you!

As I mentioned previously, I haven't held a job for more than two years at a time, although like Mark I have hovered around the same sector (health and social care) for years.
I have also found the 2nd house planets and/or its ruler very useful in establishing job skills and talents. Its not just reflecting our money making ability but also all the resources we have to offer.
This was interesting. I have never had difficulty getting jobs; I interview very well (I'm told). My 2nd ruler is Jupiter (in H9); my 10th ruler is Mars (in H1), and they mutually receive each other by trine with a 2 degree orb. I had always wondered why 'working' was so easy for me...it's just sticking to it that is the trouble! :D

GH :'