Uranus and Career Job Changes

Okay, all you traditionalists and ancient technique aficionados! Heres one for you.

So MANY clients of mine, are having Uranus hitting their Progressed MC, exact degree, but minutes away from exact. EVERY time there is a lay-off, or job change!!! It works like clockwork, the oppositions are generally lay-offs or firing, the trines indicate a positive change in career, whether they decided to leave or were layed off, it is a positive change, still surprising never the less!

Too many of these lately to call it a co-incidence. Beginning of the month I reminded a client of mine to start putting those resumes out as there was going to definitely be a job change, and gave her the date of Monday, rather than today, Friday, I should have known it would have been friday instead of Monday, but a day or two out is pretty good prediction!!

Now the good news, is that she did listen to my reminder of Sept 2nd, I had told her a month prior to that) to start getting serious about looking for another job, and she has an interview today!

It still never ceases to amaze me!

Hi Morningsun:

Good job!

Yes, it never ceases to amaze me too.

Uranus will always shake things up and bring change. Often not expected and usually upsetting. It destroys what ever it hits!

RC

Doesn't surprise me...

Doesn't surprise me. Uranus has some rather interesting associations. It isn't just sudden surprises and high technology. It also represents spiritual collectives, business collectives (corporations), and a man in a woman's chart.

My personal theory is that we're seeing a lot of activity relating to servants (employees) of business collectives (corporations) right now because Uranus is in Pisces, and therefore picking up the "servant" energy from its polarity with Virgo. For a lot of folks, this manifests as a job change.

As an aside, Lara Olsen did a great article in the recent issue of TMA on the 11th House. Her thesis is that it is the house of cultivated social relationships that relate to the system or the collective, and not the house of friendship on an intimate level (a modern misunderstanding).
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Okay, all you traditionalists and ancient technique aficionados! Heres one for you.

So MANY clients of mine, are having Uranus hitting their Progressed MC, exact degree, but minutes away from exact. EVERY time there is a lay-off, or job change!!!
I've been wondering: How are you computing the angles? For example, Solar Fire gives options for solar arc in longitude, solar arc in right ascension, Naibod in longitude, Naibod in right ascension, and mean quotidian. All these options, plus a birth time a couple minutes off, make for a possible difference of months, even years.

I've been putting off secondary progressed angles because I just haven't had the nerve to face yet one more decision of procedure. However, Naibod in right ascension has looked promising with past events in my own chart .

Okay, all you traditionalists and ancient technique aficionados! Heres one for you
The implicit assumption here seems to be that traditionalists all shun the outer planets? Not so. I know for a fact that astrologers like Deborah Houlding, Lee Lehman etc do use the outers.

Personally, I have seen too many natal and horary confirmations to doubt Uranus. For example, when my mother died there was a partile square of Uranus to my natal Moon. Using the traditional technique of profections the Moon was the lord of the year that year so had added significance. Of course there were other indicators too. However, I see no need to try and explain away Uranus.

The challenge is still there though for traditional astrologers that do.

Hi Kirk, and Thank You Sunny Dawn for that Info!
I've been wondering: How are you computing the angles? For example, Solar Fire gives options for solar arc in longitude, solar arc in right ascension, Naibod in longitude, Naibod in right ascension, and mean quotidian. All these options, plus a birth time a couple minutes off, make for a possible difference of months, even years.

I've been putting off secondary progressed angles because I just haven't had the nerve to face yet one more decision of procedure. However, Naibod in right ascension has looked promising with past events in my own chart
Kirk, I feel as you do, I wanted to study primary directions, and after seeing the thread Martin ran about them, I changted my mind! It looked very complicatd! And one more learning processes, I just at this time didn't want to get my head around it! I'm still mulling over the Triplicity Rulers concept and still studying that to see if it does have an effect?? Which I think Morin's Triplicity Rulers are in line with what I would put together, as well as They really are the rulers of the triplicity. Anyway on to what I was using for Progressed Chart.

I am definitely not an expert at which method to use out there so I just choose, (In WinStar) I just choose under Progressed Charts, the Secondary Method, and under the Progressed Angles (drop down menu), I choose Secondary MC, rather than Naibod or Solar Arc or the others. I see that Martin I believe used the Naibod. But, as always I use them and see what transpires. So I go from outside of seeing what events happen then back to methods, or interpretations. (as probably everyone does)

But it was AMAZING. Uranus in Opposition to the Progressed MC, really is an indicator of JOB CHANGE!! Of Course this was MC in Virgo (jobs) and Uranus in Pisces) (Highest and best good). All of them did not like their jobs! And it was time for a change!

For one of the clients, Uranus had opposed the Prog. MC,Job ended, then, The other interesting observation was then Saturn was transiting the Prog. MC, actually froze the Career and Reputation for a good 6-12months, especially when it went Stationary, RX, then back over it. In that Case transitiing Mars in the 10th did produce a job, I did not tell the client, (that it was not going to be a good job, but stay with it anyway) as your career is about to get frozen! So he quit the bad job that Mars produced, and no employment until Uranus and Saturn finally moved away from the MC, Markedly Saturn at least 6-8 degrees away. Uranus had caused the break in job/career.

All very interesting, and 4 people all had the same experience within the last year and a half!

Anyway, just thought Id share what works in Astrology! Its nice to be able to give someone the heads up and help to prepare for life's surprises.