I view it more traditionally and see that the Sun and Moon are sextile by sign ? they can 'see' each other, so they're doing fine. Jupiter in Capricorn also has an aspect relationship by sign to both lights. They're all in feminine signs, so they have a common ground.

What's more interesting and probably the source of any 'confusion' is that the lights both have no aspect relationship by sign to the ASC, and the ASC lord and dispositor of the Sun ? Mars ? doesn't aspect either luminary. Mars does aspect the ASC by opposition. So think about how masculinely placed ASC-Mars can't quite figure out and relate to the doings of femininely placed Sun-Moon.

The Scorpio Sun does share Mars with the Aries ASC as domicile ruler and is the sect light (day chart), so it looks like the Moon is the most left out and having the hardest time. How's the Moon doing being out of sect (it prefers night charts), square Saturn, and in the famously ?bad? 6th house (Placidus, and especially Whole Sign Houses)? Take a look too at the house the Moon rules ? the 4th.

re: sun/moon unaspected/badly aspected

interesting, i never thought of it this way but you are right. chart is my own. one thing i've always struggled with is relating to the "girly" girls - the traditional femine strengths. while i am very into fashion, girl stuff :), i am very masculine (mars) in terms of focusing and professional style. i was never someone that could relate to 5 girls and be in that clique. i have A LOT of male friends, date A LOT and keep ex' in my life. they always see me as a "guy's girl." so your comments really make sense esp. since i've always wondered about why i could not relate to women yet am very much feminine in so many ways. i think that you've picked up on something in your interpretation i've never saw.

re: your moon question - my moon sucks! relating to 4th house and family, security, etc. i have none. dysfunctional family and just can't get that security down - routines are hard for me with respect to "settling down." although i got married and love my husband we struggle with all the aspects related to home. buying one, finding a location we're both happy with geographically, etc. as for 6th house moon - don't know. i'm pretty healthy overall but i feel often i need a very peaceful, "perfect" atmosphere to feel my best. gotta have a humidifier, things that create a very comfortable environment to be at ease. stress easily, etc. i think that is prob. a direct result of the sat square? a lot of prob. with my mother as it might also suffer from this aspect. i'm very sensitive. not sure if that's also due to this. though the sensitivity borders on psychic so maybe neptune there? :) that i don't mind so much.

thanks so much for your input!