Mundane Astrology

Can anyone just tell me where I can get information on what happened in the world when *planets was in *sign?

This is an example:

With Uranus in Pisces you get a vibe of:

* Flapper Era, the Roaring 20's
* The heady rush and excitement of an impossible dream with subsequent dissallusionment
* The invention of television
* The bohemian wealthy, the mellow moneyed and the Ivy League ruling aristocracy
* The Gansters underworld
* The beginning of celebrity culture, Jazz and gin
* Zepplin Aircraft and the 'Air Navy'
* Robots, expressionaism and Sci-Fi
* Speakeasies
* Lawlessness, bribes, romantic thrilling crimes such as Bugsy Malone

can someone please tell me where I can get information like that for every other planet in sign combination! I have trawled the web and I can't find a site that just lists all the events that happened during that transit in a way as to describe the nature of the planet and sign

Here is another example:

When JUPITER is in CAPRICORN you get a basic vibe of:

* Mission Impossible
* Exapnd and rule
* Nuclear testing (Hadron Collider)
* Humour in the midst of darkness
* The Elephant Boy (ruler of house 10 of large animals coupled with Sag ruler of large game/beast)
* Diamonds are a girls best friend/whistle while you work (songs)
* 101 Dalmations/The Great Gatsby/The Charleston/Crossword puzzles/Death of a Salesman(stylistic entertainment)
* Titanic sank

The current Jupiter in Capricorn transission could indicate the Bankers who led us into the current recession (Overconfidence in ones status)

So does anyone know where I can find the worlds major events are filed into astrological order?
----------------------------------------------------

Nicola

I may be wrong but from my experience, such a database does not exist. And as you say it would be extremely useful.

To start to build one is one of my pet projects, I even have a part built database (with no data in yet) and have downloaded from wikipedia a whole load of timelines, but got no further. To do it properly would mean giving up the day job!

It would be great if an outline was set up and if all the mundane astrologers etc could get together, have updating access and develop something gradually together. But astrologers are not known for their collaborative projects!

Hi
I guess you would also have to consider planetary pairings, since outer planets to be of significance, rarely work alone. For instance the approx 20 year cycle of Jupiter and Saturn conjunctions is regarded as profoundly significant in Mundane Astrology
The last Conjunction was May 28 2000 in Taurus/Earth. Square to Uranus with its Venus dispositor oriental, burnt by the Sun and opposite Pluto.
I guess we can all make conclusions from that!

regards
mike c

amelia wrote: To start to build one is one of my pet projects, I even have a part built database (with no data in yet) and have downloaded from wikipedia a whole load of timelines, but got no further. To do it properly would mean giving up the day job!

It would be great if an outline was set up and if all the mundane astrologers etc could get together, have updating access and develop something gradually together.
That sounds like an excellent idea - several lifetimes' work!

Deciding what counts as a major event offers a lot of scope for debate. I recently looked at times when Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were all in very close aspect to each other (having noticed that they will have a very tight configuration in 2026 - with Jupiter in the pot as well).

I was rather disappointed when I went to Wikipedia to look at 1479, because there wasn't anything obviously world changing. But then I thought about Columbus receiving, as part of his wife's dowry, some ancient charts ....

Malcolm

I would think that you would have to look at several transits of that planet through that sign so that you might try to seperate what is say a Jupiter Transit throught CAP verses say a Venus transit through Tau, as they might both occur at the same time and give you erroneous info.

and again there are combinations to consider.

I think it is easier with outer planets than with inner, you have a long period of time to review and several historical events for comparison.

G

Can anyone just tell me where I can get information on what happened in the world when *planets was in *sign?
"The Astrological History of the World: The Influence of the Planets on Human History Events * Trends * Personalities" by Marjorie Orr - available through Amazon.

Tara