Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mercury Retrograde - Report Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny wrote:
The House did not pass the 700Billion Bailout as Wall Street was certain they would. another Mercury issue?

It sounds as if someone has set fire to another kindergarden, if you ask me... Sad

News reported today that the Norwegian stockmarket hadn't fallen so much in one day since a day in August 1991. They never said why. I remember the day well. It was the day Gorbatsjov was couped. I received a telephone call come in from a broker at the Norwegian stock exchange. He said: "The market is down 8%. We're collapsing. How long will this last?" It took me 10 minutes to work out the horary before I called him back. "It will be over in 3 days!" As right as rain, the market was straight up to the top again on the following day and in 3 days time Gorbatsjov was back in Moscow." Wink

Now the present fall to the markets is something entirely different...
MikeCoop

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mercury was conjunct Mars when stationary! Fire and conflict seems to be an issue here.

hi please excuse the obvious re statement but actually the Mercury Mars dance was amazingly intertwined, since they first reached conjunction on Setember 8th when both were very closely aspected by Jupiter!! Of course that square aspect was from a fallen Jupiter too, which was stationary - direct.
Mercury was still in motion then, but got aspected by Mars again when Mercury stationed!!

I guess that square to Jupiter is very important since it has increased the impact and amplified the fallout!

mike c
MikeCoop

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing isn't it! Just noticed that the first contact of Mercury and Mars, square Jupiter was actually conjunct the MC at Washington DC, furthermore Jupiter moved to perfect the square to the conjunction degree over this last weekend!!
mike c
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mercury/Mars dance consists of 3 conjunctions. I think we could rate it as a tripple conjunction, although the term is most often applied to the conjunction between superior planets, i.e. Jupiter and Saturn. Of the three conjunctions, the 2nd conjunctions is considered the highest and superior of the 3 conjunction. I will quote Al-Birumi on that, but I am not going to bother to relocate that quote this evening.

However, that is a good observation on the initial aspect to Jupiter. I will keep that in mind. Thumbs up

Re. stockmarket - I have on record a number of cases from the 80's and 90's where Mars' transit of Libra upset the balance. But as mentioned in a previous post, the present contraction has already been going on for some time.
###

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's New Moon lunation chart for Washington, ASC and 2nd house lord (Placidus) Mercury is heading toward combustion in the 2nd house. Whole Sign houses puts Sun, Moon, Mercury and Mars all in the 2nd.

Mercury's other sign, Gemini, is intercepted in the 10th using Placidus and in the 10th place using Whole Sign houses. Weakness/Trouble/Backtracking for Bush. Hours after the New Moon the House of Representatives (Moon-ruled 11th house) defeated the bail-out plan. Placidus gives Venus as the 10th house ruler, with Gemini intercepted therein. Venus in detriment in Scorpio placed in the cadent 3rd also indicates a weakened leader. We can also throw in Algol with the MC at 26 TAU 46. Maybe another indication of Mercury's importance this month (worldwide, not just Washington/the US) is the fact that it's tied with Venus as almuten of the lunation degree. Mercury has dignity by triplicity and term in the 7th degree of Libra. But maybe I'm grasping here.

For the coming month retrograde Mercury under the beams and heading toward combustion signifies both the leader of the US and the country in general and its people. Mercury does have dignity by triplicity so it's not floundering completely.

Edited for correction: Mercury would retain it's dignity by triplicity in the lunation degree and act as co-almuten only in the regions of the world where the lunation chart is nocturnal.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwegians due to abandon Olympic application (hopefully) while Mercury is retrograde.

The Norwegians are debating whether they should apply for the Winter Olympics 2018. The location is Tromsö at 69N40, 18E58. One major problem is that the price now is twice the size to what previously was stipulated. That probably means that the total price will be 4x before we're home and dry. The Government don't want to pay for an event of this size, and the sports association doesn't want to pick up the bill either. They want the state to take the expenses.

The Norwegian Minster of Culture and Church Affairs said today that they were of the opinion that an arrangement of this size was not due to be taken on too early after the Lillehammer Winter Olympics of 1994. One of the problems with arranging a winter Olympics at Tromsö is the remoteness of the venue. There are no trains running this far north in Norway. How do you get people up there, and what is the cost of building an arena that can service such a large number of visitors.

But the scenery is terrific and they have a traffic complex up there built into a mountain. You travel into the mountain that contains a network of roads with two roundabouts, then you can park your car inside the mountain and walk right into the shops, without putting your foot into the snow outside! Razz

A decision will taken of the issue on firstcoming Monday, Oct. 6. The Moon is detrimented in Capricorn and Mercury is retrograde and within one degree of its inferior conjunction with the Sun. Sun is in his fall square Jupiter in his fall too. Venus is detrimented at 15Scorpio and appling to the sextile of Saturn through signs of long ascension. I can't see the Norwegians agreeing on the application.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technical break downs

1) Car break-down
I drove to Stavanger on Wednesday for a few days. It is 1000km tour/retour. My car broke down after one hours driving. My Road Service membership was due for renewal and when I asked for assistance I was told that my membership was void from September 1st. I made the trip, but still have the rental car with no idea of when my car will be back and repaired.

2) Washing machine

The repair man should be here later today to replace or repair the waterpump. Yes - there is water on the floor. crying

3) Monitor trouble
The PC-screen keeps going black. I've had this problem for some time due to a short circuit somewhere, but now it is quite obvious that the problem has got worse. Confused

4) Internet Bank
My Bank introduced a new internet system today. The system isn't working as it should and is unstable and any attempt to do anything with an account will give an error message. But the money is supposively safe... Confused

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK train services are set to be seriously disrupted over the next week by strike action taking place by Scottish Rail signal staff.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2008/10/06/scottish-rail-signallers-set-strike
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowegian vote down Olympic plans (Confirmation of previous post)
Today, Monday 6. October, the Commision of Norwegain Sports Association voted down a potential application for hosting the Winter Olympics at Tromsö in 2018. The application was turned down with 9 votes against with 3 votes for a compromise solution.

The Commision is to have received threats that they would be looking for new jobs if the application was passed. The main problem seems to be the increased cost of holding such an event at a remote location. There was little agreement how these expenses should be funded and divided.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Executives in the Norwegian oil giant, StatoilHydro, were sacked today. Tore Torvund and Morten Ruud were ordered to leave their jobs with immediate notice due to their knowlegde of corrupt dealings with Libya.

It would be tempting to associate Libya with Libra (ie Mercury retrograde in Libra) but I don't see it on reference.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindergarden fires
A 16-year old boy is being charged for setting fire to 4 kindergardens in the Drammen district, a short drive south of Oslo, Norway, last weekend. Re. previous report on the fires.
granny_skot

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed something, All of the Presidential Debates are happening with Mercury Retrograde, Except the last one on the day mercury is stationed Direct... It just occured to me that it basically brackets the cycle from first debate to last! interesting. I think I'll be very interested in that last one.

Granny
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Got the dates of first and last debate, G?
granny_skot

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st debate
26 September 2008, 9pm Oxford Mississippi
2nd debate
7 october 2008, 9 pm Belmont University, Nashville Tenn.
3rd debate
15 October 2008, 9pm Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York

the one and only VP debate was
2 October 2008 WAshington university (good school by the way)
St Louis, Missouri --- I'm not certain if they are on eastern time or not, it would be 9 eastern but may have only been 8 pm in St Louis the others I know are on eastern time. Smile

Granny
granny_skot

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not certain how relevant this is, but for tonights alleged debate...
from http://www.electoral-vote.com/
"The Obama-McCain event tonight consists of two parallel press conferences that happen to be in the same room. The detailed rules hammered out by the two campaigns state that the questions were to have been submitted in advance by the audience members and over the Internet. The questioner may not change the question and the microphone will be cut off after the question. Neither the questioner nor the moderator, Tom Brokaw of NBC, may ask followup questions. The candidates may not question each other. There will be no debate at all." snippage "Thanks to Political Wire for the pointer to the event rules." (snipped most of the analysis just thought the rules were interesting from a mercury point of view)

seems like an odd format?

Granny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: