This is more about Mercury going direct, but since it's the planet changing directions may I just add that, I tried to meet several people today for dinner and one went to a different restaurant and we both had cell's about to run out of power as we tried to call each other, then I broke my phone so that I could no longer receive calls. My father didn't show up for the dinner, bad directions he said. My friend who made it after going to the wrong restaurant had a tire leaking air. Earlier I went to the post office only to be met with an extraordinarily long line. We couldn't reach my father but he ended up being at my house. So there was a lot of panic and misunderstanding going on.

While Mercury was conjunct Mars at it's first resting, it is semi-sextile Mars at the second. Most of my clients seem to be on the turn today, but the calls came in as the Moon was in the first degree of Taurus.

Since Mercury is stationary today, I quote a passage from Al-Biruni:
The planet in its first resting appears strangled, hopless, in the first section of the retrograde course sluggish and depressed, while in the second section hope of help and support is given, which is confirmed in the second station, delivery being near at hand, while the direct course indicates, as its name suggests, prosperity & power.
http://www.astronor.com

Mercury R and children

Hi I have been avidly reading this fabulous forum and wanted to add some of my observatoins re Merc R and children. I work with children and have noted during the R period several interesting things; Our service tends to get children from other services during R period, we have many more absences ( children are away sick etc) children catch the bus ( they seem to get more confused and they think they have to catch the bus but they dont) when they should not. In regards to children also we here in the Aust tend to have trouble with teachers going on strike when Merc is R does that hapen any where else - has anyone noticed??

A few other General observations about Merc R are that transportation seems to be really highlighted for example dec 2003 AIr france flights cancelled creating chaos due to suspect passenger/ The long awaited rail link that runs across the whole of Aust is completed in Dec 2003/ April 2004 north korea had that hugerail disaster 2 trains with amonia nitrate and oil collide/july Aug 2005 London underground reopened after july 7 bombings/ OCt 08 Qantas has big toubles with safety..... Other notible observations are in Sport Scores are the highest ever records tumble and quiet often the Aussies either score incredibly high in the cricket or are thrashed. ALso I have noticed troops tend to withdraw when Merc is retograde and agreements are signed ( but I wonder are they honoured). I am going to have to observe the shadow period more closely too it seems to be a REAL grey area!!

Sunny wrote:Other notible observations are in Sport Scores are the highest ever records tumble and quiet often the Aussies either score incredibly high in the cricket or are thrashed. ALso I have noticed troops tend to withdraw when Merc is retograde and agreements are signed ( but I wonder are they honoured).
This is very interesting. You should enter your comment on sports records also in the sports section. My observations are that the planets from the Sun through to Saturn show the medal or place achieved in the contest, with exception of Mercury, who is liquid and movable, and marks the record. If the Sun comes higher that Mercury, then the winner breaks the record. If Mercury comes higher that the Sun, the record still stands

You really should start a topic on this issue in the Sports section. The input would be most welcome! :) :'

My employer refused to bargain with the unions and advised us of this during the last mercury retrograde

Now we are preparing to strike and are determined to win this fight.
Remember that everything we have somebody before us shed blood,sweat and tears so we could have a better life !

If you do go on strike, please let us know how this moment relates to either of Mercury's stations - whether anything turns up! If I understand you correctly, the ispute started while Mercury was retrograde. It will also be interesting to learn how long your strike lasts in view of how many days Mercury was retrograde or into its retrograde passage!!

Hope this resolves itself in a satisfactory manner! :'

Andrew Bevan wrote:If you do go on strike, please let us know how this moment relates to either of Mercury's stations - whether anything turns up! If I understand you correctly, the ispute started while Mercury was retrograde. It will also be interesting to learn how long your strike lasts in view of how many days Mercury was retrograde or into its retrograde passage!!

Hope this resolves itself in a satisfactory manner! :'
Hello Bevan
I don't have the knowledge to explain how this relates to mercury's stations, but I can tell you I will be receiving ballot papers tomorrow to vote on protected industrial action eg voting to strike, if we strike it will be the first strike in 10 years.

WORKERS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED !!! :))
Remember that everything we have somebody before us shed blood,sweat and tears so we could have a better life !

Lorry misses a turn - goes against the traffic
Source: Aftenposten

The Bulgarian driver decided to turn around after becoming aware of missing his exit-sign.
This is what the traffic situation up at Oslo Airport looked like. :-?

WAY OUT - some would say. However, in China on April 11. a lorry in a hurry to catch the lights capsized in a road crossing. The Chinese caught the whole event on camera from several angles. Watch it here: Aftenposten

Mercury is currently retrograde in Aries....