Introducing myself

Hi all,

Please don't delineate this chart! I'm just introducing myself on the list. I posted on the horary forum, and I just wanted to properly introduce myself. I think that among astrologers, a birth chart is a rather appropriate introduction.

Yes, it's another whole sign chart, but it works well for me.
David Stanford

aglaya wrote:Why, welocome again, David!

I can't help but to ask you this- with Mars conjucting your Ascendant- do you have any visible birth signs on your body or face?
I have a "beauty mark" on my face (the Monroe one), and an ugly, huge one on my shoulder. Yes.

But I'm also hot all the time. Never can get cool.

Haha, I bet you talk fast too with this Mercury being there too!

I just had to ask about the beauty sign, I know many astrologers pay a lot attention on such marks when they need to rectify a chart. So, as a friend of mine who has only recently started studying Astrology would probably say- "this stuff really works!" :D

I can't recall seeing four separate conjutions in a chart at least not recently so i find it very interesting. Rolling conjuctions, multiple conjuctions..yes, but not 4 separate ones. I'm glad you showed it! :'

A warm welcome to the forum, marsrising!

May I ask what software you use? The chart form and data tables are lovely, and I don't recall ever seeing them before. It's nice to see Hellenistic astrology presented in this way.

Astraea wrote:A warm welcome to the forum, marsrising!

May I ask what software you use? The chart form and data tables are lovely, and I don't recall ever seeing them before. It's nice to see Hellenistic astrology presented in this way.
Thanks for asking. I use Zet, which is a free download, and I prefer it to any other software that I've tried. If you just Google Zet, the website is the first one up.

The reason I really like it, is because it is very customizable, and is somewhat interactive (scroll over planets, and you get the degrees, aspects, etc).

raphnix wrote:Nice chart but most of the signs and labels confuse me and make my mind go nuts understanding those? Are guys some kind of genius? What exactly does it means? :(
I've programmed the software to display the signs on the outer ring, (in this image, which is old), the Egyptian bounds on the inner ring.

The chart is cast using whole sign houses.

The red circle in the 12th house is the Lot of Fortune, and the red diamond in the 3rd house, is the Lot of Spirit (Daimon).

The rest of the stuff, in the tables, from left to right:

R-Domicile lord
E-Exaltation lord
T-Trigon lord
t-Bounds lord
f-Decanate lord
d-Degree lord
D-Detriment
F-Fall
H-Sect/Hayz

I don't have the chart up on my screen right now, but I think it has the spearbearers; Almuten; the lord of the hour, day and year; Right Ascension; Declination; and the Velocity of the planet/body.

I've re programmed the software more recently though, so it displays the lots using the glyph of the planet the lot pertains to, but in blue. So some of my charts may end up looking a bit confusing, but it helps remind me of the rationale behind each lot, when I see its image as its planet's glyph, instead of a weird symbol.

Hope I cleared up any confusion; I've been told by some that my charts look confusing (probably because they're not SolarFire charts), and by others that they look "clean."