I have to say I do worry about Obama's progressed chart for 2010.

Reagan managed to live, but it was a much closer thing than people realize, they played down how close he came to dying. I hope I'm wrong on that one, or that he has the best damn Protection ever and evades it, but it is still a very scary thing.

His VP however is very well able to step in should there be a problem.

Interesting dissection. But I do wonder how the Aquarian Jupiter will play out, He is after all the prince of the scenario. Even though I'd say possibly becomes Saturn on inaugeration day? the new king? hmmmm, when would that signification change? in babylonian terms?

Granny

In a chart it is sometimes difficult to see the difference between the doctor and his patient. I once said to a client, "Your chart looks like a car-accident". She said: "I sell car insurance..." I think Obama's chart shows some of the issues he will be facing and trying to resolve. No doubt there will be difficulties, but when looking at a negative he should be asking: "How can I make use of that?" That native who posesses a chart that shows him at war with the elements may surely be a successful salesman of raincoats and wellingtons. But it is a part of the game, to consider what can go wrong - and prepare accordingly. It's like a game of chess and that is was makes astrology interesting if applied in the correct manner. To quote Geoffrey Cornellius: "Fates can be traded....", or to use my own words: Astrology is a tool of prognosis, that makes it possible to perform a diagnos from which it is possible to seek out the correct course of action to be followed in the future.
http://www.astronor.com

Frank,

I understand you dont have Obama's chart, your article however does bring up a short presidency which often means death, and I note that his progressed chart for 2010 is a bit scary, Sun goes into its fall.

In other words indicators that you may be correct. As scary as that sounds.

Andrew, I was actually thinking of JFK and FDR charts/presidencies and also thinking same thing. FDR had similar issues to handle spiraling economy, war, shaky world platform as another man elected the same year as he... Hitler, they handled the issues quite a bit differently! One can hope Obama makes a good showing. I like his calm demeanor, helps to not have people running around frantic, to keep others calm. IMO.

Also it might be interesting to see if inaugeration happens as scheduled? You never know what things might happen to change its time. may have some emergency to deal with or whatever that requires time change.

Granny.

Andrew, I was actually thinking of JFK and FDR charts/presidencies and also thinking same thing. FDR had similar issues to handle spiraling economy, war, shaky world platform as another man elected the same year as he... Hitler, they handled the issues quite a bit differently!
Working on Clinton's chart while he was seated in the White House I picked out two dates when I thought his sense of security was at risk. On the one day his mother died. On the second date a small aircraft flew and crashed into one of the wings of the White House. The president was not at home at the time. I had sent a letter to the White House regarding my observations, but I am hardly suprized or offended by the fact that my letter was not replied.

And yes - I did predict for a Norwegian financial magazine, Okonomisk Rapport, in May 1997 that Clinton would be hit by trouble in July/August, which is the time that the Lewinsky affair came to surface - being the most traumatic issue of his entire presidency.

The clue is trying to use the right words and do the correct thing with whatever you know. It is a balance - it is not always the right thing to run out to the press.
http://www.astronor.com

LOL I think it is rarely right to run out to the press, their job is to sell papers and getting the stroy right in my experience has seldom had anything to do with reality. I try very hard to look for concrete facts when I read news stories, Like time, date place and names, etc. beyond that I take what is said with a grain (or ten) of salt. I've been Misquoted, too many times to trust them with anything regarding reality. :) which is somewhat Ironic since we try to use them to track facts isn't it?

I am not savy enough to know precisely what he is facing, I just have an anxious feeling about it.

Granny

Nothing of any astrological use to add to this, just that:
I once said to a client, "Your chart looks like a car-accident". She said: "I sell car insurance..."
made me laugh a lot. Laughter is the best medicine, granny skot. Think positive and dream in hope.

GH :lol:

Interesting article Frank. I couldn't help but notice your noticing that Herbert Hoover raised income and corporate taxes after the stock market fell and it made things worse. [Inaugurations with Venus sextile Mars by sign with a 5 degree or less orb]

One quibble, Gerald Ford and inflation. Nixon was the first President in the 70s to try to get hold of inflationary pressures with wage and price controls. The predictable happened: wages held and prices went up. He eventually put a stop to the controls after declaring that they worked. Gerald Ford tried the psychological approach to the growing problem with his now infamous WIN buttons (Whip Inflation Now). However, and hindsight is such a glorious thing, the inflation rate at that time was only between 4 and 5%. I wondered and still do, if the economists of the era really understood inflation since most of them were taught economics with the emphasis on avoiding a depression - the opposite of inflation. "We're all Keynesians now," said Nixon, and Keynes taught that you cannot have high unemployment and high inflation simultaneously. It was under Jimmy Carter that inflation became rampant as did unemployment both hitting double digits, which Keynes said was impossible. Nothing is impossible in America.

Reagan, after a few fitful starts, got inflation and unemployment under control by lowering taxes. You can't take money out of the market and expect the economy to grow. That's why the Great Depression lasted so long. There was no money to grow the economy - just a large pool of unemployed workers. With inflation there is a lot of money, it just isn't worth very much. Where does the money come from? The Government printing office and it is put into the economy with things like "bailouts." The net effect is to reduce the value of everyone's money.

One more tiny quibble. You forgot to list LBJ as having a private swearing in. LBJ was not sworn in at all in public in the sense that I think you mean. He was sworn in on an airplane a short time after Kennedy was pronounced dead. There were photographers, some Administration officials and the late President's wife, but there was no public ceremony nor was the general public near the ceremony for obvious reasons. I would call the observers merely witnesses to a private ceremony.

Some Constitutional scholars, maybe all of them, believe the VP becomes the President upon the death of the President and the ceremony isn't necessary. It is strictly ceremonial. His swearing in and assumption of the duties of Vice President begin on inauguration day. One of those duties is to take over for a dead or otherwise incapacitated President. We might want to look at the death charts in that case. After all the inauguration chart is for the Administration over the next four years - not the man. Although it can be argued that regardless of intent, the Administration changes at that time.

What the American people thought they voted for and what they actually voted for could be quite different.
That might turn out to be the understatement of the decade.

Tom

Tom wrote:One quibble, Gerald Ford and inflation. Nixon was the first President in the 70s to try to get hold of inflationary pressures with wage and price controls. The predictable happened: wages held and prices went up. He eventually put a stop to the controls after declaring that they worked. Gerald Ford tried the psychological approach to the growing problem with his now infamous WIN buttons (Whip Inflation Now).....

....One more tiny quibble. You forgot to list LBJ as having a private swearing in. LBJ was not sworn in at all in public in the sense that I think you mean....
What the American people thought they voted for and what they actually voted for could be quite different.
That might turn out to be the understatement of the decade.

Tom[/color]
Hi Tom,

To address your points:

1. I was aware of the inflation issue pre-and-post Ford, but I was mainly using a third party (Wikipedia, not perfect but for these purposes convenient - and I have enough historical knowledge to see glaring errors) for major points of each administration.

2. As far as LBJ's inauguration after the JFK assassination goes, I might have left it out of the article, but it's just that the chart didn't relate to the 2009 chart. It was used in my searches for similarities, it just didn't get mentioned in the article due to its irrelevance.

3. As far as what Americans voted for and what they will actually get, I?ll leave that to the future.

As far as the financial issues go that you brought up about Hoover, this article was written in the Spring after research back in Winter, so the issue wasn?t as apparent then. I got myself out of the stock market about two years ago. Now I think I?ll (slowly and carefully) start buying again in the next few months.
Frank Piechoski

As far as the financial issues go that you brought up about Hoover, this article was written in the Spring after research back in Winter, so the issue wasn?t as apparent then.
It is now and that was my point. Before the nominations You pointed out a failed policy that led to an economic disaster, and in the article suggested whoever was elected wouldn't finish his term. Both Democrats wanted to raise taxes and one of them won the Presidency. Normally, failed policies are not enough to get a President tossed before an election. But Nixon set the resignation precedent (albeit for different reasons). It is no longer unthinkable. I just put two and two together. You should take a bow.

As for Carter and Ford, my quibble was with the word "rampant." That described the Carter Administration's tangle with inflation not Ford's. The problem began with Nixon (some say LBJ), continued through Ford and ran amok under Carter.

You did a lot of good work. I also wanted you to know I appreciate it.

Tom