Things to consider with President Elect Obama

I put this on a natal discussion, so copying it here. its a reference to transits of the Natal chart and why in my opinion you shouldnt' use outer planets as sign rulers. G
If you use the traditional Rulers instead of Including Uranus as a ruler, Saturn Trine Jupiter means a whole lot more. You may wish to reconsider the chart without modern rulerships. Especially since President elect Obama has a very strong Natal Saturn.

Uranus in the First house. According to Rob Hand "you will radically redefine your relationship with the outside world. Old patterns will be broken down, which will force people to look upon you differently."

Neptune traversing his First gives him strong ideals, which may sometimes seem illusion, but we already know he has high ideals.

Pluto traversing his 11th brings changes to goals. We already know Pluto into Capricorn brings great change in Management, I strongly suspect we may see a difference in how he deals with congress adnambassadors as compared to other leaders.

He will have a Jupiter Return when Jupiter reaches 0 aquarius 52

that is roughly January 9th, just 11 days before the Inaugeration.

Probably worth a good look. Natal jupiter in the 12th house of large intitutions. Secret enemies, etc. AS is his Very strong Saturn.

Granny

The exaltation degree of the Sun is in the Midheaven of the chart of Barack winning the presidency. Considering the dignities of the Sun in both the Ascendant on the Midheaven, it should be noted that the Sun is located in the degree of the nodes, the Moon being located in the same sign as the North Node in the sign of Aquarius. Let's hope this is good news for democracy, world politics and human rights.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Granny & Andrew, its been a while...
Thanks for those charts Granny, because today I have been wondering about the new president getting down to business, specifically about the global financial situation that calls for immeadiate attention; here we see that Obama's second house is ruled by that Jupiter conjunct Saturn, and considering that he is about to have a Jupiter return, it should that bode well for the economy? Yes? The winning chart has Sun ruling the 2nd, with Sun and Mars conjunct in Scorpio (resources at home already a hot topic?). Still, these charts do seem to offer a glimmer of optimism. To my mind, it was strange how today's markets dropped, when they should really stabilise.

Very pleased he won. :'

with all best celestial wishes to him, and you both,
Laura :D

I think possibly Deb Put in the charts for me, which I greatly appreciate, I havn't gotten the nack of putting them in for some reason.

I also think that things will stablize. the progressed planets from July fourth have too many Jupiter/sun/Mercury Trines, which is just plain screaming for prosperity. whatever the angles may be, I dont buy the 5:10 chart, but the day resonates too strongly with americans to not buy the day.

I don't think it will be easy, but I think it will be good.

I think the jupiter return will be about 3 pm eastern time on 9 January 2008, there are some interesting transits to look at on that one. some hard, some very comfortable.

Granny

Barack Obama could prove to be one of the most inspirational and significant leaders the world has seen for a long time and I have no doubt that Monday's election was historical. I find myself comparing the opposition between Saturn and Uranus across 18V57-18PI57 with the 2nd and upper conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn of the tripple-conjunctions of 6 BC and both considering and comparing the impact of either events or myths from this time that was made upon world history. With reference to Al Birumi the 2nd conjunction of a tripple-conjunction is reckoned to be the higher of those 3 conjunctions, and there is some special meaning connected to the configuatrion's opposition to the Sun, which occured on Sep. 12th 6 BC if you apply our modern Gregorian calendar (to save the complicated conversions). I wonder whether the word the Persians used for this opposition was 'Acronyze'. This opposition between the Sun and the conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn occured across 19VI-19PI, my point being that the Saturn/Uranus opposition is in the exact same position.

With the election of the new US president, the rise of Barack Obama seems to reconcile many of the racial and minority prejudices of the past. I am finding this inspiring, although the everyday reality of working out political issues is likely to come to Barack Obama in due time. I checked Barack's nativity in terms of the Age Point technique (ref. own research) which is presently 4 Taurus. This is conjunct the exaltation degree of the Moon, which is a degree that gives rize to public dignity. It struck me that the election occured some 31 years after the discovery of Chiron (who has an orbit stuck between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus). The discovery was made on Nov.1 1977. Chiron's placement at the time of the discovery was 2TA33, so Obama's Age Point will be crossing the discovery degree of Chiron in the matter of months. I find it relevant to mention Chiron being considered to be a higher octave of the Moon (proposed by Rudhyar). Politics will be politics (although Obama also seems to convey something more), but if you look at the background of Obama there is certainly something Chironic about this promising and inspirational leader. As Zane Stein would put it, this person stands out as different among his contemporaries. I feel certain that his intents are good and that he will attempt to build bridges and lead people of the world in a better direction.

There was certainly something historical about this election - with a tremendous emotional release for many - with numerous sacrifices ahead of the presidency, the mission and work of Martin Luther King to be mentioned. It is as if the world has been waiting for an inspirational leader with the qualities and integrity of Barack Obama. I am even finding myself haunted by the initials of his democratic predecessor, Bill Clinton, but that gives me some hope that Obama will combine values of both worlds, both spiritual and material.

The discussion might be slightly biased by the excitement of the election at present, but I do hope that the Americans (and people else where in the world) in spite of their political differences take pride in the election of such a fine candidate. And people in Norway are still in awe over the fine speach delivered by McCain in the moment of concession. I am currently bewildered by Tyl's prediction from the previous decade that the US should resolve the Middle East conflict in this coming era, and equally by Brady's suggestion (quote: Granny) that this president could sit for 3 periods. I am sure that the discussion will continue.
http://www.astronor.com

Just as astrology demands keeping the natal chart in focus while reading transits, progressions and directions, we need to look back to a person's life for examples of the adjectives we bestow to them. When I look to Martin Luther King's past, there are concrete examples of what he did to earn a nation's respect. I wish someone would enlighten me to Obama's.

What stands out for me in his birth chart is Moon sextile Mercury and inconjunct Neptune in the 9th. He is idealistic and someone who easily projects qualities onto situations and people that they can't possibly live up to. Pelosi said it best "Obama faces higher expectations than any other president."

George Washington had a vision for America and then fought with every fiber in his body to bring that vision to reality. If Obama has such greatness in his blood, let him prove it before we give him such a title.

With that said, he will be my president and I will not speak ill of him and I will support and defend him. It's not an easy job.

Not to be one of the gloom and doom party, the "let?s predict an earthquake" astrology, but I am kinda of worried about the south node conj. natal Sun.

In Bush?s Presidential inauguration, the moon (the people) was conj. the natal south node, and people suffered during his term (not necessarily because of him, I don?t think it is the point).

I hope Secret service is willing to work extra hour for the next 4 to 8 years...
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Its funny - when everyone is talking of 'seismic shifts' with the election of Obama. The natal chart here has a configuration which I would associate in a mundane sense with a major earthquake risk. Strong fixed sign focus with Jupiter and Neptune in hard aspect . With the stability of Saturn being aspected by the tectonic shifting of Uranus by quincunx, and aided by Mars!
mike c

From what I saw at the newsagent, the ?earthquake? theme was all over yesterday?s papers too, with front page pictures of Obama carrying headlines connected to great change and world wide movements. The Sun (lower end the tabloid market) led with a picture of Obama kissing his wife and the headline ?Obama?s Great election ? did the Earth move for you too darling??