Maybe there is more going on to explain all those sad things (those violent endings could relate to Mars + Saturn effect).
I actually think transit Uranus on the other end might be the problem too, and maybe the recent Mars transit sextile while each were in the other's detriment (Mars in Leo, Saturn in Libra). Not to mention Pluto, etc. That whole cardinal cross/square business. I know of several people with 7th house Saturns or 7th ruler Saturns with a Saturn return in early Libra or late Virgo who are going through spousal problems and one may end up divorcing. I think the current transits, especially with Uranus, are contributing to early mid-life crisis for people with Saturn close by. The posters' description of his experience actually sounds a lot like a mid-life crisis.

Soon Mars and Saturn will conjunct in Libra (again, Mars' detriment), which also seems difficult for anyone with a Saturn in Libra. This hasn't happened since 1984.

PFN wrote:What I'm saying with this is that if you take a look at your Jupiter and his transits you may see some moments into which it is likely that Saturn's effect will be diminished or even retreat for some time in your life through his blessing
Sometimes it's the other way round unfortunately. I've noticed Jupiter transits being nullified by a Saturn transit in the same period. I think this issue is what may give some astrologers to have doubts about using (only) the transits.

Hello, I had Saturn return in 2008, and it was no nightmare, it was an actual return, and a good one.

I have saturn in the 9th, Virgo, and back then I was living far away from my home town. But I was already willing to come back, or at least to be closer to my home town, so that I could see my family and my city more often. But I had a lot of dogs, didn't have a car, didn't know how to drive, and didn't know how I would take them in such a long trip. So, after a long planning, I finally travelled back to my home state in september 2008, in a rented car with all the doggies, my sister driving, when saturn was perfectly conjunct my natal saturn.

It demanded work and planning, but it was definitely worth it. My return to my roots was very welcome and I don't feel as lonely as I used to in that other place, for now I'm closer to my family and I can visit them anytime I want. So, don't expect tragedies, SatR can be a good thing, depending on Sat's aspects.

BTW, I firmly believe in transits, to me they are the most beautiful and accurate thing about astrology.

If yuzuru is still around (post 1), can you tell us what sign your Natal Saturn is in?

Seasand has your return passed fully or are you still having retrogrades and re-hits from it?

I currently have the Libra Saturn opposing my Aries Saturn, and am having urges to reaffirm my wiccan beliefs and start 'practising the craft' more openly.

i have saturn in the 9th in libra. my SR is coming up this year, i am starting to feel it. i am planning to study abroad for a masters. 9th saturn does not for me limit my travelling, i have been abroad twice this year and leaving next month again. and i am realizing how hard life is espciallyif you are single