Football predictions January 2009

Anno 2009 kicks off with a match in the FA Cup on January 2. The chart isn't easy to read, so it will be interesting to see if anyone can come up with the right answer.

Tottenham - Wigan, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 1,85 3,25 4,25
Asc 26LE34 MC 14TA53 Moon 22PI37 POF 6SC37
The game is played on the Day of Venus and in the Hour of Mercury. The chart is not radical - there is no relationship between the Lord of the Hour and the sign on the ascendant or its Lord, the Sun. The first reflection is that this may move the result away from the favourite by odds, Spurs. Wigan are in terrific form and have won 5 out of their last 6 games. The chart shows no tight applications and Venus, L10, is Void of Course in the 7th house. My notion is to look for a draw.

If the game were to move into extra time (but apparently it doesn't, which must mean there is a replay if the contest ends a draw) it might be interesting to discuss whether extended play should be judged from the moment that contest starts, or whether extended play is judged from the cusp of the 2nd house (just a sudden hunch) or whether to extend the orbs in the original chart. In case of the latter, the Sun, L1, casts his trine through signs of short ascension to the MC. Mars, L4, is exalted, casts his antiscia to the cusp of the 7th and his sextile to Fortuna, whom he disposes. My conclusion goes in the direction of this being good for Wigan, but they might not be able to prove their point in the first 90 minutes.

I hope someone else will take a look at the chart and share their ideas. :)
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew

This is a pretty hopeless kind of chart- nothing to sink one's teeth into, and even POF with night time formula fails to be convincing either way, although SUN is conjunct contrantiscion of P O F. Seems a bit weak - right?

At the moment I'd be inclined towards a goalless draw.

Happy New Year BTW!

Cheers from a hot and windless Cape Town,

Susie

Thank you, SusieN! :'

The Part of Fortune (POF) by night is 16GE32 and casts its antiscia to 13CN28. The Sun opposes this point or is on the contrantiscia, of POF calculated for a nocturnal chart as you say. Thank you for pointing this out. I have been very keen on reversing the calculation of such points for nocturnal charts as suggested by Al Birumi but have to admit that it doesn't seem to influence who wins a football match. This is because POF is strongest by Day, but POS is strongest by night - but if you reverse the calculation this means that you actually are giving priority to the one and same point.

I think we might examine the effect that other arabic parts may have upon a game. The Part of Sickness, which in this chart is located at 9SG43, may weaken a team. The Part of Controversy is Asc+Jupiter-Mars, which in the game between Spurs and Wigan is 21VI01. This alligns with Saturn, L7, at 21VI46. Maybe there is a controversial decision. If this way a Law trial, then Venus, L10, in the 7th may show the Judge making a controversial decision in favour of the opposition or the guest. Does this idea make any sense?

I propose we check the Part of Death (Cusp 8th-Moon+Saturn) for Red cards. In this chart 16VI08. [Jacobsen: Asc+8th-Moon= 21LE56]. Olivia Barclay mentions the Part of an Urgent Wish, which is the Asc. + L1 - Lord of hour, reversed by night. This could be interesting - in the Spurs chart 15VI45. Any other suggestions?

Happy New Year, folks.

I've nothing much to add to what's already been said re Spurs/Wigan. L10 close to Desc in 7th usually helps the home team, particularly when they are faves, but being VOC and at 29? it doesn't look so promising. Nothing much else going on, so a draw seems likely enough which will mean a replay at Wigan.

Andrew, it might be an idea to test out these Arabic parts on previous charts where the outcomes are known.

Spurs - Wigan 3-1, which means that I, for one, didn't manage to make any sense out of this game. On the other hand, the game in Paris between Sainte Genevi?ve - Lille [20.45 CET] ending 0-3 seemed to live up to expectations. The home team in Paris also received a Red Card in the first half of the game.

My comments would be that the antiscia of the ascendant in London is cast to the exaltation degree of the Moon and could have been protective for the favourite and the home team, while in Paris the Asc is 24LE36. POF 4SC31 s sextile more accurately its dispositor Mars, who is L4, and POF casts its antiscia to the cusp of the 7th. Venus being 2 degrees further distant from the cusp of the 7th in Paris may have lessened the advantage for the home team, that Ficinia mentioned may apply in London.

Interesting that L10 being at 29? did not have any effect on the positive testimony of its emplacement in 7th (within 3? of Desc in Spurs/Wigan chart). Something to bear in mind for the future.

Hartlepool v Stoke, 1pm GMT, Asc 00?46' Gemini
Stoke, the Premiership side, are the faves. Hartlepool play in League 1.

Jupiter L7 (Stoke) is on 29?. This usually indicates the end of the road in Cup competitions. However, antiscion Jupiter is partile conj Desc. Chart isn't radical but hour ruler Saturn is in M/R with Asc ruler Mercury. Weighing up these testimonies is difficult. I think I'll cheer on the underdogs anyway.

Anyone else have any views?

Jupiter, L7, is full of fear since he is in his fall and entering into the Sun's Beams. Mercury, who is L1, is in mutual reception with Saturn, L10. This becomes an important consideration - seeing that the Asc is in the 1st degree of Gemini. It is the most recent change in considerations.

I agree with you, Ficina! :)

Hartlepool-Stoke 2-0!!

Well done, Ficina! This was your call! :D :'

What do you make out of Preston - Liverpool at 17.25 GMT?
Asc 29CN54 opposite Jupiter at 29CP34 !!? Played in the Hour of the Moon. The MC at 2AR11. Moon located 4AR06 in the 10th house. POF 20LI31.

Will they manage to kick-off before Asc enters Leo?

Thanks, Andrew. I wasn't totally convinced Hartlepool would win but it's good to see that the 29? testimony is back on form - another one for the collection.
Will they manage to kick-off before Asc enters Leo?
I decided to leave this one alone because it's so confusing. The game only has to start half a minute late and the sign changes, rendering the chart non-radical. Impossible to say whether the Moon represents Preston NE as L1 (Cancer rising) or Liverpool as faves (Leo rising) :-?

Whether Cancer or Leo is rising, this would put either Capricorn or Aquarius on the cusp of the 7th. Liverpool would be represented by Saturn, who is in mutual reception with Mercury, who is in an angular house. The Moon is in the 10th house and translates the light of Mercury in the 7th house, to Mars who is her dispositor and L10. She casts her dexter square through signs of short ascension to Mars, so there should be no suprizes and Liverpool should prevail. I will go for Liverpool. Actually, the ascendant on the cusp of Cancer/Leo could give a spectacular show! Let's check it out. 8)