Relocation

Traditional has relocation according to quadrant etc.

I am wondering though at to the modern technique, using new co-ordinates, just what is gained from this? Is there any point in relocating return charts, transit charts?

What is the general consensus? I haven?t found one, but I?d like good reasons behind any assertions.

People living at or near their birth location, and having one/more planets angular (close, degree-wise, not just in angular house many degrees from the actual angle) in their chart tend to express and experience the meanings associated with that planet quite strongly.

However, to use an example, if one had Mars on/near the Ascendant and found that their life was marked by anger from others, accidents and anger directed to those around them then they might choose to relocate from that place to another where Mars was well away from that angle.

For an Ascendant angle, one might choose to move quite far north or south of where they are now. Angle degrees tend to vary a lot relative to latitude. However, it might be better to move both in longitude and in latitude so as to find another planet on another angle --- perhaps Venus on the MC or the Descendant. Or Sun or Jupiter at the MC angle. The choices are yours and need to be relative to the patterns in your chart and the manner in which you tend to express each planet.

Also to be considered is the intent you have for moving and/or for a specific planet. Is a move for social advantage, a job change, seeking a new way to express yourself so that you can launch an art or creative career. There are a lot of considerations and questions that a capable astrologer would take into account in suggesting a change of location.

The method called Astrocartography is intriguing and is especially helpful to those who wish to think about long range goals relative to relocation. The site for this astro-service can be found on-line and the charts that are provided come with a book explaining the charts as well as a printout for you to read about the chart's indications for you. There are both books and software programs that will print world or country maps with angles and planets plotted on them. Good luck in your search for answers. Dave
If you have options, exercise them all.

Relocation -- more thoughts

I'd like to add some more thoughts relative to your question on relocation.

Many people follow the concept of taking a vacation on their birthday so as to experience their solar return in a different location. The idea behind this is that the Sun's return experienced elsewhere will leave an imprint upon them that will last through the following year. There a significant percentage of astrologers who will tell you this is absolutely true and will cite examples and letters from clients.

I'm in a different place on this subject, believing that a short lived experience at another location during your solar return will have no more of a lasting effect for you than will the suntan that you obtain on that day. In my practice I find that people often relocate (without benefit of astrological counsel) to areas where one particular planet becomes angular, or where one of the angles at their birth location again becomes significant by being on another angle for their relocated chart. Yoko Ono, born in Tokyo Japan, moved to New York and married John Lennon. The New York location, for a relocated birth chart, has strong ties to her Tokyo birth chart. Note, it often necessary to move great distances in order to switch angles in a birth chart --- 1/4 or 1/2 way around the world in most cases, less if you are born at higher latitudes in some cases.

Have someone check out their software, if you don't have your own, to see if they can run a world chart showing angles, rising culminating, setting planets. Dave
If you have options, exercise them all.

Thanks Dave.

I am well aware of how to use astrocartography, or relocation.

I was wondering simply on the opinion that astrologer have of it.

I have relocated half way across the world. My natal Ascendant has moved nearly three signs.

What I did want to know was how the charts are interpreted in relation to the old original natal chart.

Do you consider the natal chart void and use the relocation for transits, returns, progressions and so on completely obliterating the natal chart?

OR do you maintain the Natal chart for all progressions, transits etc. with the relocated chart as nothing more than an interesting side portion.

Which one and why?

Thank you
Night Sky.

How is it possible to change yourself when relocate!?! It sounds like in tales. :)

Do you really agree somebody born under any asc will change it if relocate to another place? It means to change almost completely his appearance, temperament, behavour, etc.