I understand what you're saying, but then again, all metaphysics attract a larger number of kooks.

I really don't see a distinction between regular electional astrology and magical elections.

First of all, just because you can elect the best time to get married, doesn't mean the marriage will amount to much. Astrologically speaking, maybe marriage isn't promised. All the perfect elections in the world won't promise love, happiness, or fame - just the right times to achieve it.

Magical election work the same way. A Venus talisman for love can only support those energies, but if Venus is debilitated in your natal or marriage isn't in the stars, the talisman probably won't help.

People expect Merlin to bend fate. It won't happen. A wealth talisman may or may not promise wealth. If your birth chart says you aren't going to have wealth, a talisman isn't going to give it to you. If the talisman was properly made, and that planet isn't debilitated in your chart, then maybe you'll get more money than usual near that time. You won't be rich though.
Kirk wrote:
I wasn't just trying to be funny when I said to run away. It's a very wise idea to stay away from that crowd, or to proceed with extreme caution if proceed you must.
I agree with you there. That's not a good thing.

delaforge wrote:
Perhaps, if you are not qualified to ?feel? your talisman?s energy yourself, you might seek out a psychometrist and have them ?sense? it for you.

Oh, I can feel the energy alright. No problem there. It does seem to be very highly charged. I've never questioned the charge, only the lack of perceivable benefits thus far ( about 2 months of daily wearing ). It may well be benefitting me greaty at an unperceivable level, but I want benefits that I can perceive.

Mithra6 wrote:
And actually I don't really think "feeling" something is good enough. I have done planetary talismans that worked amazingly well, yet I had no feeling when wearing them or making them.

I am a perfect example of this sentiment!

I have severed my relationship with this astrologer/magician, not becasue I question his astrological/magical knowledge ( in fact, I think the guy is a genius! ), but we just don't click on a person to person basis. Our communication styles just don't mesh and both of us are too stubborn to accommodate the other.
healing intentions from LeoRising

Hi LeoRising,

Okay, the situation is that you are satisfied the talisman is charged but that after two months of wearing it you can detect no perceivable results.

Perhaps you can tell us what results the talisman was designed to produce. What, in short, was the talisman expected to do for you? What specific changes have you been anticipating?

Delaforge

I've never questioned the charge, only the lack of perceivable benefits thus far ( about 2 months of daily wearing ). It may well be benefitting me greaty at an unperceivable level, but I want benefits that I can perceive.
2 months? Only 2 months? It sounds to me like 'I want it. I want it now'. Let's add: 'I want it in front of my face so that I know I have it'.

Are you sure you're even able to discern whether it has been granted to you or not? After all, we tend to perceive what we are used to perceiving. Habitual perception. It sounds to me like you never questioned the charge because you went into it (and your monetary expenditure) wanting to believe in the charge. That's the easy part. Matching desired results and your hoped-for schedule with reality is much harder.

My animosity toward these magical trinkets has grown.

Kirk wrote:
2 months? Only 2 months? It sounds to me like 'I want it. I want it now'. Let's add: 'I want it in front of my face so that I know I have it'.

You must be a numerologist too becasue you sure got my number! Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Delaforge wrote:
Perhaps you can tell us what results the talisman was designed to produce. What, in short, was the talisman expected to do for you? What specific changes have you been anticipating?

Sun Talisman: overall health and well being, remedy for melancholy / depression

My expectations: An overall sense of well-bing and a brighter outlook

I have experienced neither of these expected benefits thus far . I do however, enjoy wearing the Talisman, and I have a sense that it's doing something on my behalf....nothing that I am able to consciously put my finger on however. I spent 250 bucks for it, so I'll continue to wear it. I have no regrets about purchasing it. As Kirk pointed out, I am an impatiet sort and I'd like to experience results ASAP!

Mithra6 wrote:Do you know the sign, degree and house position of your Sun?
After 40 years of studying astrology, I finally found out my sun sign, its degree, and house position....just yesterday in fact :lol:

In my birth chart ( Leo ASC ) it's in the 11th @ 8:22 CN, in the sign of the Moon, the exaltation of Jupiter, the Triplicity of Venus, the Terms of Jupiter, the Face of Venus, the Detriment of Saturn, and the Fall of Mars.

In my relocated chart it's in the 12th, less than 6 degrees from the ASC.

Is it aspecting anything by square?
Cancer is not exactly an ideal place to have a natal sun
After 40 years of studying astrology, I finally found out my sun sign, its degree, and house position....just yesterday in fact
......I don't mean to sound insulting to you, but how is that even possible.
You really should learn more about Astrology and your own natal planets, some Planetary positions don't exactly mix well certain talismans especially planetary ones.

Bibi...

I was joking about just learning my sun sign after 40 years of study! That's why I put the LOL face face at the end of the sentence. No worries about insulting me. You haven't even come close.

BTW, the SUN talisman was suggested to me by a noted astrological magician. It was not haphazardly chosen. I was looking for a Talsiman that would support more drive and ambition, and a brighter outlook., but I was very reluctant to mess around with MARS.

Here are the words of the astrologer who sold me the talisman:

For drive and ambition, Mars & the Sun fit the fit the bill.
Your Sun is peregrine, so it could use some definite
strengthening. I understand your reluctance about Mars.

I guess I somewhat tend towards the Sun. When I think ambition,
promotion, authority, success and enthusiasm, a real boost in your
mood, I think of the Sun. His sparkling lucidity is what seems to me
to be lacking, so the Sun is what I would suggest.

The astrology made sense at the time, and it still makes sense to me today. I have no regrets about purchasing it. I'm just wondering why I've not yet noticed any benefits that I am able to perceive. Perhaps as Kirk noted, it is my impatience that puts up a roadblock.

Have you done a personal consecration? Maybe you should ask a horary question about the certain talisman and its validity. The Universe is not exactly known for being consistent, maybe you have some problems that you don't even realize and it's taking longer for the talisman to manifest its effects on the material plane. I do know where you got this talisman from, I have in fact ordered one from the same place, I have not warn it too often because I am waiting to consecrate it. The Sun is very afflicted right now, maybe you should wait until it enters Aries to do a consecration? Even though you don't have to have an extensive background in magic to experience a talisman you have to know something about magic, and the different energies involved, there are so many energies and entities connected to each planet it could make your head spin! :-T

Hi LeoRising

You say your expectations of the talisman were ?An overall sense of well-being and a brighter outlook.? I don?t know how one would judge when these expectations had been met seeing as life if full of ups and downs, and our psychological reactions tend to go up with the ups and down with the downs.

If we focus on the aspect of the talisman being a ?remedy for melancholy/depression? we are in a better position to measure results. However, melancholy and depression are deep-seated symptoms and one cannot therefore expect quick results ? not even results at the end of a two month period.

It is possible you have been provided with a ?slow-burn? talisman. Sadly, I have no direct experience of using these slow-burn talismans so can?t give you an idea of how long you would need to wear one in order for its results to start showing. Some (probably most) gem-therapy used by Vedic astrologers work with the chosen gem acting as a slow-burn remedial measure. Maybe someone on the forum with experience in this field can share with us their knowledge of how long gem-therapy generally takes to work.

Clearly the astrologer who made the talisman for you has studied your chart. Nevertheless, I understand Mithra6 wanting information about the sign, degree and house position of your Sun. Personally, I?d like to view the whole chart ? because other things will be going on in it than just the placement of the Sun. That is why BiBi_Anderson is asking if anything is aspecting your Sun by square.

There may be reasons, however, why you are unwilling to share that information on the forum. If that is the case, I respect your decision.

Delaforge