Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Is TOL by the Sun possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphrodite

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Is TOL by the Sun possible? Reply with quote

Hello all

What is your opinion about the Sun translating light between significators? For example, in charts cast today, can the Sun translate light between Mercury and Jupiter? Or does the Sun's own light (combustion) overwhelm whatever Mercury is trying to pass over?

Apologies in advance if you have already covered this topic, if so could someone please give me the link?
yuzuru

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally the translating planet will be the moon, but that doesnīt mean that the translating planet cannot be other fast planet, like the sun, mercury or venus (or even mars in rare circumstances).

(I edited the last phrase: "Generally the translating planet will be the Sun" doesnīt make a lot of sense!)

But I wouldnīt use the sun separating from mercury and applying to Jupiter as your usual translation, as both planets are combusted, so even if the sun is translating, he is also oppressing them.

So, letīs say for example that we cast an horary love question... the sun is translating light between the two, but he is also making the significators afflicted and so unable to perfect the business. So, I would say that they are two separated factors. For example, the two lovers could "get together" but they are so busy with other factors that the relationship will not result in nothing.

At least this is my opinion, hope it helps

Last edited by yuzuru on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
cosmicdolphin

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuzuru is right.. this is not exactly TOL here

Lilly said somewhere in regards to TOLs that TOL planet must be receive one or the other planet by reception...

Very likely it is not!

cheers
CD
raphnix

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuzuru wrote:
Generally the translating planet will be the sun, but that doesnīt mean that the translating planet cannot be other fast planet, like the sun, mercury or venus (or even mars in rare circumstances).

But I wouldnīt use the sun separating from mercury and applying to Jupiter as your usual translation, as both planets are combusted, so even if the sun is translating, he is also oppressing them.

So, letīs say for example that we cast an horary love question... the sun is translating light between the two, but he is also making the significators afflicted and so unable to perfect the business. So, I would say that they are two separated factors. For example, the two lovers could "get together" but they are so busy with other factors that the relationship will not result in nothing.

At least this is my opinion, hope it helps

Thanks yuyuzuru. It answer's some of my question related to it too.
Aphrodite

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your input.
My interpretation was along these lines too, but I was not sure whether the combustion would give a clear "no" or the placement of the Sun between the significators would indicate some sort of effort or mediation being made but not achieving the desired outcome anyway.
aglaya

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuzuru wrote:

I've seen that in a chart recently. Though, if one of these planets is cazimi, it does "complicate" the situation a bit, don't you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: