Saturn in 7th

Since much talk has been done about Jupiter in 7th, I come to ask if anyone has any experience with Saturn in 7th as well.

I'd apreciate especially if anyone could post chart info of people (famous preferentialy) with it, for a reference.

So far, I've noticed that it creates extreme difficulties in relationships, making them hard to get by, victim to outside resistance, people with it tending to loneliness, isolation, having poor sexual life (or none at all), comunication problems or resistance and so on, especially on the starting process of anything, creating abnormal delays and some times aborting otherwise natural processes. If ill dignified or under hard aspects this is especially true, exception noticed in cases where a benefic harmoniously sheds its light on it (where these problems are somewhat mitigated to a close to normal degree, but never fully erased). Person's with this are unpopular or open hated, somewhat seem as difficult to relate and often plain unluck when it comes to relationships.

Notice that I'm not talking about friendships and the sort, but real relationships and partnerships (very deep friendships and partneships allowed, those that are time consuming and necessitate a lot of intimacy of some sort, even if only professional cooperation for example, on something that demands a lot). I do not remember seeing any famous chart with this position, and I find it would be interesting to see how a famous person with a bad 7th Saturn could become famous with a planetary position that pushs people towards "solitude and monkery", acording to ancients.

Also, this opinion of mine is based on very few data (4 charts to be exactly) so a broaden feedback could help a lot.

Hi PFN,
I don't know of any famous person's chart with Saturn in the 7th, but my brother does have this placement. His Sun and Venus are in Cancer, with Moon in Taurus, which goes some way to explaining his experience of relationships. I think the effect of Saturn in the 7th fits quite harmoniously with the emphasis on Lunar signs, which tend to make a person rather cautious and slow to engage intimately. At school he had a rather tough time of it, being betrayed by boys he took as close friends, and rejected by the one or two girls he fell in love with. He's much happier now though. He has a couple of close friends and is in a committed relationship of 3 years, although he's only 21! Again I think this fits well with Saturn, as his lessons are learned over time and the benefits of a person's Saturn become apparent as they age. I can post chart data if desired.
Keren

Thanks Keren. I noticed that when Saturn in 7th is under nice aspects from Venus or Jupiter, things smooths a bit (is this your brother case?). Or at least if it' s not under opp from lights and square from Mars (as happens with two charts of friends of mine).

I can't think of anyone famous with a 7th house Saturn at the moment, I do have the chart of a friend who has the placement, she married and older man (Saturn); their marriage was happy but short as he died of cancer (Saturn) within a few years. Don't have the full chart details to hand but will dig them out if you'd like them.

Astrotheme.fr says that the following celebrities have saturn in the 7th house, among 1800 others...

Johnny DEPP, Jennifer LOPEZ ,Christina AGUILERA Kurt COBAIN
Michelle PFEIFFE Isabelle ADJANI Jude LAW David BOWIE Rocco SIFFREDI
Albert de MONACO Sylvester STALLONE Fran?oise SAGAN Bob MARLEY
Carlos CASTANEDa Melanie GRIFFITH Brigitte NIELSEN Woody ALLEN
Susan SARANDON
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

A friend of mine (not famous, sorry) has Saturn in the 7th. However, he also has a massive stellium in Libra in the 12th house (Jupiter, Sun, Mercury, Uranus in Libra, with nearby Pluto also in 12th) AND a very late degree Gemini Moon. He also has a Grand Earth Trine of Venus, Mars and Saturn.

He is brilliantly funny, extremely intelligent, but, as you can guess, is terrible with relationships. His longest one lasted about three years; the ladies always wind up leaving him. He has a tendency to be a prankster (sometimes in very bad taste), which may be a reason. I think his Saturn here (in quincunx with his Jupiter/Sun/Mercury/Uranus conjunction) helps him to sabotage (12th house) his relationships so he doesn't have to deal with real intimacy.

He flatly denies this, of course, but the fact remains that he is good-looking (Libra rising), well-off, well-educated, has many friends...and no lady will stay with him for very long.

GH

:)

I have Saturn in the 7th (not famous yet, sorry) And my Saturn return is scheduled to return during the first part of Sept.

I am very picky when it comes to relationships. I don't see the point in playing all the games I see people play when dating. If I had it my way, I would be fine with out any kind of relationship. But my Taurus moon seems to disagree. I like to feel secure before I go giving away my heart.

My marriage has been my only serious, committed relationship, but I think my heart belongs somewhere else.

I have a good husband. 100% family man, very supportive and loving, and he would do anything to make me happy. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary Sept 25th, 19 days after SR. When I married him I did not believe we would make it this far. 90% chance my marriage goes down the toilet.

He is older then me, but only by a couple of months. I am no stranger to dating older guys. When I was 16, I went with a 21 yr old. I have a built in ass-whole radar, so I stay clear of bad guys.

If my marriage goes, I don't think I'll be getting married or seriously committed for a very long time. My kids don't need a new dad, and step kids are dispossible.

Has anybody ever been married before 29 with Saturn in h7 and managed to keep their marriage going?

When I said famous I was rather thinking someone that we could easily verify the effects through a biography or something like that. Anyway, personal feedback is allright as well, even better.

Rain, your approach is pretty much like mine, I'd prefer to be alone, but my Taurus Moon opposing my Saturn disagrees (and so does my Venus/Mars conjunction on 5th).

I?ve already seen relationships work with 7th Saturn "early on" and in this case a benefic shade it's light on Saturn and lord 1st met lord 7th by secondary progression and RS.

I?ve already seen relationships work with 7th Saturn "early on" and in this case a benefic shade it's light on Saturn and lord 1st met lord 7th by secondary progression and RS.
PFN, what do you mean by RS?

Keren

I have Saturn in the 7th (by rule of 5). He is peregrine in Taurus, and opposed my Moon and Jupiter right on my Asc/Desc line. On the other hand, my 7th House is ruled by a well-dignified and fairly well aspected Venus.

I am a lesbian, and have been with the same woman for almost 14 years now. We have had three ceremonies...a commitment ceremony almost 13 years ago (which we consider the real anniversary of our marriage), a religious ceremony 11 1/2 years ago, and a legal marriage in Canada in June of 2004 (when we eloped...what fun!). We live in the Midwest U.S., so our marriage is not recognized where we live. So far, I have had the opposite experience than has been discussed here. The first five years or so of our marriage were extremely rough...but, as far as I can tell, our relationship has grown stronger through the years.

Interestingly enough though, by profession, I am a divorce lawyer! So, I deal with troubled relationships every day!

Cindy

kerenhappuch wrote:
PFN, what do you mean by RS?

Keren
Oh sorry, would be SR, not RS... (Solar Revolution)...

Now, a Saturn in 7th would really be a indication of long lasting relationships in my opinion. We should never forget the 7th ruler as well, and the cases I based on had the 7th ruler in poor condition as well.

Return Saturn IN SOLAR RETURN

Return Saturn in the Return 7th House

Return Saturn occupying the Return 7th House makes you serious and responsible about marriage, partnerships, close relationships, contractual agreements, and contacts with the public. This may be the year when you settle down, get married, or enter into a long-standing business partnership. Existing marriages or similar relationships may undergo a period of trial and testing, sometimes ending in a decision to split up. You could be called upon to mediate or arbitrate a dispute. Some type of legal obligation may arise. You could experience difficulties or added responsibilities in close relationships, legal contracts, or dealings with the public. A trusted advisor or consultant may decide to retire and thus no longer be available to give you support.

Solar Return Jupiter in 7th house:

Relationships can improve; good marriages become better. If you have had a problem relating in the past, this interpretation is particularly apparent. Difficult marital problems tend to be resolved, especially if professional help is sought (individual or marital counseling). Under therapeutic conditions, those you are involved with become more apt to listen to your complaints and make concessions. Perhaps you are also more insightful and better able to explain your position. Great strides can be made because something suddenly clicks in your consciousness, adjusting your pattern for intimacy. Regardless of your marital situation, good relationships with a variety of people in a variety of situations could exist. If you are able to create a climate of compatibility and harmony, your success in any endeavor during the year can be augmented by cooperation with others. If you are unable to work with others, you will lose out on this experience of mutual gain.

Sometimes personal benefits are not realized because of the overwhelming emphasis on the partner's needs to the exclusion of your own. In negative situations, personal needs are not only dwarfed, but drowned out completely by the interests of another. Relationships can be so excessive that one goes overboard in an attempt to please. Even what initially appears to be a benefit can negate your self-interest and ultimately fulfill your partner's requirements only. Within this context, benefits cannot be considered all good. For example, if your spouse is offered a position overseas, you may be thrilled about the possibility of living in a foreign country, but you may be forced to give up a lot in order to go. You need to assess the effect leaving has on your long-term goals. You may be able to set aside your personal needs for one or two years time in order to benefit from a new experience coming to you directly through the spouse. But instead, it may be difficult, if not impossible, for you to leave at this time.

Any opportunity can be a mixed blessing, and the lines of stress might be denoted in the solar return chart by the aspects to Jupiter in the 7th house. The balance is very delicate. You may benefit greatly or feel overwhelmed by circumstances that are not your own or are inconsistent with your needs for fulfillment. One must control the swing of the pendulum. In the worst-case scenario, you will not be aware your own needs are being overrun. It is at this time that someone will step forward and make an observation that will change your perspective, if you are willing to listen.

with your natal Saturn.

First House:
0 years to 2 years and 6 months
30 years to 32 years and 6 months
60 years to 62 years and 6 months

Second House:
2 years and 6 months to 5 years
32 years and 6 months to 34 years
62 years and 6 months to 65 years

Third House:
5 years to 7 years and 6 months
35 years to 37 yeras and 6 months