My niece has Saturn in the seventh in Libra, and although she is 27 years old and attractive by any standard, she has never had a boyfriend. She also has few if any friends of either sex. In college, she had such trouble getting along with various roommates that her parents eventually anted up to get her a single dorm room.

She gets along well with family and is successful in her work life. But relationships with others, well, she just doesn't do that.

Ellen wrote:My niece has Saturn in the seventh in Libra, and although she is 27 years old and attractive by any standard, she has never had a boyfriend. She also has few if any friends of either sex.
This is why I don't like excluding other factors when examining a placement of a particular planet in a chart. It would be interesting to know the shape of that Saturn, how dignified it is and what kind of aspect it makes- it would also be good to examine the placement and shape of her 7th ruler and her 1st house! Oddly enough, the description of her love life fits the description of many people I know with Saturn inside the 1st.
Having said that- I have noticed that Saturn inside the 1st often brings partners who are not really Don Juans (and I'm not talking about their sex appeal or their qualities as lovers) . I think I know about 5 persons with this placement (mainly women) who have had rare but stable relationships with men who don't rush into relationships wither, some of them were, indeed somewhat older, and most of them have, either had only one steady relationship before the age of 30 or not even a single one. All of them are healthy, normal, even masculine men so- we're not talking about deformed, shy, immature men but rather about the positive manifestations of the Saturn's influence (stable, mature, committed, down to earth, gentle lovers but not "sea-gals" and so on). Now that I think of it- it actually makes a lot of sense as it is still the 1st/7th axes and, though I was never really keen on deriving the partner's 7th in Natal charts, it just might be worth studying a bit more.

It's never really black&white, is it- because, for what is worth, I've seen many gorgeous women with Saturn inside their 1st and close to their Asc.

I don't think this is a problem exclusive to Saturn in the 7th. Saturn ruling the 7th can have a similar influence, for example (it's especially true when Saturn is afflicted in the chart).

Even people with Venus in hard aspect to Uranus tend to have issues in keeping a stable relationship (there is a struggle between wanting autonomy and intimacy).

Saturn in the 7th

I have Saturn in Pisces in the 7th opposing Pluto and Uranus in the 1st.I have been always had men wanting a relationship with me.The problem is I have strange taste in men.I like them to be powerful and have that extra something.The thing is for me these men are hard to find.But when I do find them it is love at first sight,its instinctual.I find these men to be very controlling and jealous though.And I feel like when they do fall in love with me they love my free spirit but once they have me they try to kill it.I do feel though that all my relationships have taught me a great deal.[/b]I also like older men.But not old men.I know of one actress who has Saturn in the 7th her chart is very similiar to my own.Her name is Sophie Marceau sge was in Brave heart and The world is not enough.She married a man 26 years her senior.But they broke up they sametime me and my husband did.Though I stayed with mine,she has still not divorced him as of yet and that was like 10 years ago.You can find her chart at astrotheme.com

Re: Saturn in 7th

PFN wrote: extreme difficulties in relationships, making them hard to get by, victim to outside resistance, people with it tending to loneliness, isolation, having poor sexual life (or none at all), comunication problems or resistance .

If ill dignified or under hard aspects this is especially true,

Person's with this are unpopular or open hated, somewhat seem as difficult to relate and often plain unluck when it comes to relationships.

a planetary position that pushs people towards "solitude and monkery", acording to ancients.
PFN thank you for this informative thread. Do you still want cases or is too late?
I could do as an extreme case, for the other malefic is there too, fallen and ruling the house :-cry Only the South node and some malefic star are lacking :-T .
Just wanted to tell you that your delineation above is very accurate, I didnt know the "solitude and monkery" of some classic (can you tell me where it is, btw, thank you), and I am impressed, for

as a matter of fact, I tried to become a monk of an order whereby the monks are locked up in cells, and are passed the food through a guichet; speaking is permited Sundays and Mondays; as a novice, I had to do more talk and relating and couldnt bear it, too little loneliness, and after some relationships problems of course I left; while in there, I took special interest about traditions prior monastic life, in which monks retired first to desert and, more funnily, into enclosed spaces, for life, depending on a helper to pass food through a hole; old texts warned that if the helper died you were traped inside

I dont remember when I had a proper conversation with someone, but must have been several years ago; normally I spend months without talking to anyone apart from a few phrases in shops;

I broke up with my family too and have no friends, had one and send him a nasty letter so that I can be completely alone at last; of course this is no good but is the only way I can be happy

what is not in my case, or not always, is being disliked, but could be other factors (you can see my chart here http://foro.astrodestino.com.ar/showthr ... l?p=101071 ) is more like others normally like me but I dont reciprocate, so unconsciouly make some little gesture or something and they pick it up as if I am despising them or something and then things get nasty; more often I find myself fending off people, specially faggots, and might have rejected some 20 women, only once opened up and, of course, went wrong; so it is a case of not liking people, rather than not being liked; old people also like me and trust me a lot.

when I was a child I revered a long text by philosopher Schopenhauer praising solitude http://books.google.es/books?id=d5uW0ug ... de&f=false page 24

I know I am destroying my life but I cannot help it

Hello Hariolus...

I could not find your chart, so, if you post a direct link or even the data, it would be better.

Anyway, the things you experience are indeed saturnin in nature. Today, I believe my take on Saturn on 7th has changed a bit. In order for it to bring about everything I said, there is a need for a confluence of other factors that are really broad. Anyway, I have a opinion that when Saturn is not aspected by Jupiter, said effects are more commonly noticed, so, it's a start to delineate effects properly. But I would expect Saturn to be accidentaly stronger than Jupiter as well, and if by any chance Jupiter falls amiss from the AC, and Saturn does not, that would be an even stronger indication of such a fate. Looking at the temperament helps as well, since a melancholic one is prone to such behavior.

I actually know several people with SAturn in 7th, and what I noticed about their relationships is... they tend to be attracted to people who they feel stabilize them, or who they feel they can be stable for... that is the only common factor I've noticed about these 5 people, all of whom happen to be men. So I don't know what it might be like in a woman's chart. Possibly the same?

Granny

Hello everybody,

I have been reading this forum for a while because I just recently started a course in traditional astrology. I'm only a beginner though.

Concerning Saturn in the 7th house.
I have a friend with Saturn right on the cusp of the 7th in Sagittarius. Jupiter is in the 5th house in Scorpio. It's peregrine there, so very weak. He married at a young age (23 or 24 yrs old) and is still married now (he will be 52 next saturday)
My teacher said that Saturn on the cusp of the 7th itself means the man will not stay married, that it's a definition in traditional astrology that such a marriage will end in divorce.
He now has Uranus square Saturn and the descendant. He also has an affair since a year or two.
I don't know if this case could be helpful in your research about Saturn in the 7th house. But I thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Best regards,
Madeleine

My friend has debilitated Saturn in Leo (the ruler of her Capricorn Asc) in her 7th. She is attracted to older men, but she has had relationships with the men of her age too. She is not very good looking but sexy (very loaded 8th house in Virgo), and attracts people relatively easily. But she is in her early 30s now, and she had a few serious relationships but no marriages, and most of her serious relationship either were very abusive, or ended up in a hurtful way. She has popularity with men, and she dropped a few relationships herself. I think she wishes to marry someone who will take care of her, especially financially and to have a family, but last few years, with Saturn transiting her 7th house, and now the 8th, no good opportunities came. She is a little restless too with her Moon in Sag in the 11th house but I think she longs for some security.

It's interesting to see if anything 7th house noteworthy happens for 7th house Saturns, or 7th ruler Saturns, on their Saturn return. I have a 7th house ruler Saturn in Virgo, and my Saturn return (which retro'd twice onto my Saturn) revolved around 7th house matters. The Saturn return chart is very interesting to me, especially the 3rd one (after the 2nd retro). My best friend has a 7th house Saturn in Virgo too and her marriage almost ended during her Saturn return. An online friend with a 7th house Saturn is going through her return right now and her marriage seems to be ending, or at least is in a crisis.

Anyway, just something I've noticed. The Uranus opposition can't be helping these folks right now though (or T-square with Puto).

I have a female friend with saturn in 7th. I recall joking about it back in early 90ies, that either she doesn't ever marry or marries old. She still hasn't married and she was never after that or "security" through marriage.
She is very good looking, very attractive personality, quick witted, had younger and older relationships, healthy sexual life (neither slutty, nor forced celibacy).
I should add she is not stupid or falsely hypersensitive when it comes to relationships but neither pessimistic and she had very good options concerning potential mates to chose (through her whole life so far), from top famous stars to established young doctors, to unknown guys (she doesn't give a darn about prestige).
In short, apart the fact she never had a legal marriage, there was no obstruction whatsoever from that saturn.
Be kind, but be brave.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/