work query

Hi,

I am new to horary, I have gone through the lesson provided on the website and done some reading. I would appreciate any feedback and/or corrections to my findings.

I cast a chart with the question: Will long distance travel and healing/spirituality be a part of my new path in work? Will it be profitable?

April 30, 2004, 6:31 pm, 123w05 44n03

The querent (myself) is ruled by Venus which is at 21 degrees of Gemini, it is located at the end of the 8th house, interpreted in the 9th. The ruler of the quesited (work) is Jupiter at 11 degrees of Virgo, found in the 11th. The 9th house (long-distance travel/spirituality) is ruled by Mercury. Mercury is at 21 degrees of Aries, found at the end of the 6th interpreted in the 7th. Mercury is in a culminating sextile to venus.

The moon is at 20 degrees of Virgo in the 11th.

The answer appears to be 'no' because there is no aspect between venus and jupiter, yet I am confused by the close sextile between venus and mercury. Could this indicate at a future date? Although the Moon is in a culminating square with Venus...

This interpretation seems to negate my question on it being profitable.

Any confirmation or corrections would be great for this new student!

Thank you in advance.

Hi Maria,

I'm a bit of a novice too but I had a look. You didn't give a time zone for the chart. I took it as PDT judging by the coordinates you gave. I don't really know if the chart I have is correct but it seems close considering some comments you made.

You, as the querent, are represented by Venus as you mentioned. It is in the ninth house, which seems appropriate given the type of work you are asking about. You appear to have taken the ruler of the sixth house as representing work. It is the ruler of the tenth house that represents work related questions and therefore (according to the chart I have) this would be the Moon. The Moon, in the eleventh house, is in an almost exact applying square to Venus. The Moon is also in an applying square to Mars, ruler of the second house of finances and also in the ninth house. Venus (you) appears to be applying to a conjunction of Mars (your money) although I noticed that Mars is travelling faster than Venus at the moment. Technically, I guess this would be a separating aspect but I'm not sure how to interpret this, or if to interpret it. Maybe it means you will have to work harder to chase the money. :) Mars will slow down and Venus will eventually conjunct Mars but not before Venus goes retrograde. Perfection will not occur until December when they are in Scorpio. The Moon is also in an applying sextile to the Mc, ruler of career. I would say that, even though it might be difficult, the potential is definitely there for you to eventually do well.

It would be good if you could confirm the time zone that applies to this chart.

Cheers
Sue

Yes, it is PDT.

From what I gathered you are saying that the answer is yes (travel and spirtuality/healing in work) and profitable- yes but after some time 'chasing' after it, perhaps December?

thank you Sue for your comments!

Does anyone else see any important things I've missed?