jogi wrote: Quote:
And the 6th house (the native`s skills) [. . . ]
This sentence is very astonishing and sounds post-classically . . .
Is this really Robert Zoller?
I know a number of traditional astrologers argue that the 6th is not related to the native's work; however, this is not a modern invention. There are classical references indicating the same, specifically, in Paulus

"In this place {6th} the star providing one's work becomes active, as long as it has brought rays to the midheaven by degree, because the place is harmonious with the midheaven pivot by its position in a right triangle." Paulus, p46

And Firmicus, although he doesn't specifically mention work,
"sometimes the unfavourable influence is removed if a planet in this house {6th} is in favourable aspect to a planet in the 10th" p48, XIX

The same holds true for planets in the 2nd, if they are connected with the 10th in some manner they can have significations for 'what one does'.

Janeg, I would like to discuss your comments very much, but please tell me beforehand whether they were all 'Zoller' (what I assume, because you mention only his name) or 'Morin' or a 'mixture' of both? The argumentation would be a lot easier then.

Johannes

Hi Janeg,

nearly everthing you wrote so accurately meets exactly with my own understanding of Morin's teachings. So I suppose that all I don't agree with completely, is a part of Zoller's teachings. As I'm very interested in all concerning Morin, I would like to learn whether Zoller, whose book on Lots I read, is really leading beyond Morin.

When you write:
If Saturn rules the 2nd and is in the 7th, money would be spent or lost through marriage, partnerships or lawsuits. If he was in reasonably good state, possibly wealth through these same things but later in life.
is this your own understanding of Morin or more that of Zoller, as I assume, because Saturn as signficator for old age is only a by Morin not so preferred general signficator?
The key difference, I think, would be that in the first case, ruler of 2nd in 7th, the native would seek to acquire money through 7th house people or concerns whereas in the second case, ruler of the 7th in the 2nd, 7th house people or matters would come to affect their wealth without the native seeking them.
Even though your statement is in exact congruence with Morin's own statement according lords one and ten, which I quoted in this thread above, I would not really accept this as a strict principle with regard to the total of Morin's own explanations in Book XXI. of AG in reference to this theme.

Do you think, Zoller would accept a more neutral definition of how the signification of houses ruled and kept by a planet is to combine, for example like this:

Accidentally the ruled houses are sometimes the 'causes', sometimes the anticipating or foregoing accidents of the accidents accidentally formed by the house and the universal cause and power of the dwelling and ruling planet in both their co-operation, and vice versa - but ever the meanings or significations of all involved houses are to be connected in a reasonable way with the planet and its status coelestis.

Johannes

johannes susato wrote:Hi Olivia,

now your statements show their astrological or perhaps better: cosmic origin. But fisrt of all I would like to know why you see both Jupiter and Saturn well dignified?

Johannes
Hi Johannes -

Mostly because of the receptions, though Saturn is in its own term and face.

Jupiter and Venus in generosity, Jupiter and Saturn in reception by exaltation and ruler, Jupiter and Mercury in reception by triplicity. Jupiter's in 10, which is a good place for it, not sure if we can give it a conjunction with NN (maybe), but that's a mixed blessing, anyway. And Jupiter is in its own face (if it were that alone, eh, but it's got some other things going for it, so I'll toss it in).

Saturn is in 1, which is not so great, but it does have reception by the ascendant ruler, and it's in two of its own minor dignities. So it's not in as good a shape as Jupiter, but it's not really bad, either. (I've seen some horrible Saturns in my day - this isn't one of them.)

They're both oriental, and Jupiter is correctly placed by sect.

ETA: I tend to put Mars in 3, not 2, but I think there may be some 'spillover' in that one - it's the only planet that doesn't like to go with the 5 degree rule - or even the 3 degree rule if you split it 7/5/3 for angular/succedent/cadent. Maybe because Mars and Saturn are co-almutens of 2 (that'd account for some money problems, at least off and on during life).

For Jogi: I ran it in Alcabitius for you, and nothing changes house - they charts are near-identical, strangely - or perhaps not?

Anyway, if I run it through the Dorothean dignities, Jupiter gets 11, Venus gets 11 (and is Lady of the Geniture), Moon gets 7, Saturn and Mercury each get 3, and Sun and Mars are both peregrine at -5 each - which seems about right.

This would work primarily with whole signs, or someone born at a latitude that's, say, within 30 degrees of the equator or thereabouts? It does make sense, but not with many time-or-space based house systems in very north or south latitudes - you'll often end up with a sixth house that can't 'see' the tenth house in those situations.

Or am I completely off-beam here?
janeg wrote:
jogi wrote: Quote:
And the 6th house (the native`s skills) [. . . ]
This sentence is very astonishing and sounds post-classically . . .
Is this really Robert Zoller?
I know a number of traditional astrologers argue that the 6th is not related to the native's work; however, this is not a modern invention. There are classical references indicating the same, specifically, in Paulus

"In this place {6th} the star providing one's work becomes active, as long as it has brought rays to the midheaven by degree, because the place is harmonious with the midheaven pivot by its position in a right triangle." Paulus, p46

And Firmicus, although he doesn't specifically mention work,
"sometimes the unfavourable influence is removed if a planet in this house {6th} is in favourable aspect to a planet in the 10th" p48, XIX

The same holds true for planets in the 2nd, if they are connected with the 10th in some manner they can have significations for 'what one does'.

johannes susato wrote:Hi Janeg,

nearly everthing you wrote so accurately meets exactly with my own understanding of Morin's teachings. So I suppose that all I don't agree with completely, is a part of Zoller's teachings. As I'm very interested in all concerning Morin, I would like to learn whether Zoller, whose book on Lots I read, is really leading beyond Morin.
Hi Johannes ... while I took Zoller's DMA course, anything I say in relation to his work is based on my own understanding of it; which could easily be other than what he meant. He was a student of Zoltan Mason's, who followed Morin, so I imagine what he teaches is Zoller/Mason/Morin.
When you write:
If Saturn rules the 2nd and is in the 7th, money would be spent or lost through marriage, partnerships or lawsuits. If he was in reasonably good state, possibly wealth through these same things but later in life.
is this your own understanding of Morin or more that of Zoller, as I assume, because Saturn as signficator for old age is only a by Morin not so preferred general signficator?
As I understand it, Saturn, in good state, can produce wealth but it will be realized through Saturn methods, one of which is delay which can be interrupted as 'delayed until later in the life'.
The key difference, I think, would be that in the first case, ruler of 2nd in 7th, the native would seek to acquire money through 7th house people or concerns whereas in the second case, ruler of the 7th in the 2nd, 7th house people or matters would come to affect their wealth without the native seeking them.
Even though your statement is in exact congruence with Morin's own statement according lords one and ten, which I quoted in this thread above, I would not really accept this as a strict principle with regard to the total of Morin's own explanations in Book XXI. of AG in reference to this theme.
I agree it's not a 'strict principle' since other factors in the chart affecting the 2nd and 7th must be considered but I think it is safe to say the native's finances will be affected by 7th house matters.
Do you think, Zoller would accept a more neutral definition of how the signification of houses ruled and kept by a planet is to combine, for example like this:

Accidentally the ruled houses are sometimes the 'causes', sometimes the anticipating or foregoing accidents of the accidents accidentally formed by the house and the universal cause and power of the dwelling and ruling planet in both their co-operation, and vice versa - but ever the meanings or significations of all involved houses are to be connected in a reasonable way with the planet and its status coelestis.

Johannes
Zoller does differentiate between 'outcomes' and 'realization' and talks about the 'flow' of energy between a sign and its ruler; he does say that they can combine subtly in different ways.

Hi Janeg
If Saturn ruled the 7th and was in the 2nd, it would have a similar signification, money lost through marriage, lawsuits or partnerships. Or, if in good state, money gained through the same things but always with delays or difficulties of some sort.
This is the way I understood Morin ? and this is also the way that is logic for me. The explanations from Zoller about ?outcome? and ?realization? seem to become a little clearer to me but there is still lots of fog around them.

Olivia wrote:
For Jogi: I ran it in Alcabitius for you, and nothing changes house - they charts are near-identical, strangely - or perhaps not?
Thank you Olivia.
I`m quite sure that Zoller would count your Mars into the 3rd house (only 3? left).
According to this (and to the fact that Mars is the exaltation ruler of your 2nd) I would dare to try the following delineation: Your financial issues are also connected to your 3th house. Because Capricorn/Saturn and Mars mean more expenditures I would say that you also likely spend too much money on learning, information, books, magazines and your siblings (conflicts about money with them - if there are any) or short journeys. Citing Zoller, the 3rd could also be a source of your income ? communication, counselling, writing, teaching, bookstore, selling, post, train etc. ? but due to Mars`nature it is accompanied with impatience, conflicts and strife (I put all the derived house meanings aside here).

Because Mars is also the domicile ruler of your 4th and your 11th house there can be discussions, conflicts, difficulties and contention about money in association with your family and your friends.
But in the context of your family and your friends Mars also has other meanings. Maybe there has been or will be conflicts/discussions about money from family inheritance with your silblings (MA ruler of 2nd and 4th in the 3rd). Zoller, and I think also Morin say, that when we want to know more about the reason of the conflicts arising through Mars we should look to his dispositor which is Saturn in the 1st.
Am I near ore far away with these statements? I hope I did not mix up something this time :?

I never have had to look for work - people always come to me and ask me to work for them.
Now this could maybe explained through Saturn as exaltation ruler of your 10th house being in the 1st - the jobs come to you.

J?rgen

Jogi wrote:
Olivia wrote:For Jogi: I ran it in Alcabitius for you, and nothing changes house - they charts are near-identical, strangely - or perhaps not?
Thank you Olivia.
I`m quite sure that Zoller would count your Mars into the 3rd house (only 3? left).
According to this (and to the fact that Mars is the exaltation ruler of your 2nd) I would dare to try the following delineation: Your financial issues are also connected to your 3th house. Because Capricorn/Saturn and Mars mean more expenditures I would say that you also likely spend too much money on learning, information, books, magazines and your siblings (conflicts about money with them - if there are any) or short journeys. Citing Zoller, the 3rd could also be a source of your income ? communication, counselling, writing, teaching, bookstore, selling, post, train etc. ? but due to Mars`nature it is accompanied with impatience, conflicts and strife (I put all the derived house meanings aside here).

Because Mars is also the domicile ruler of your 4th and your 11th house there can be discussions, conflicts, difficulties and contention about money in association with your family and your friends.
But in the context of your family and your friends Mars also has other meanings. Maybe there has been or will be conflicts/discussions about money from family inheritance with your silblings (MA ruler of 2nd and 4th in the 3rd). Zoller, and I think also Morin say, that when we want to know more about the reason of the conflicts arising through Mars we should look to his dispositor which is Saturn in the 1st.
Am I near ore far away with these statements? I hope I did not mix up something this time :?

I never have had to look for work - people always come to me and ask me to work for them.
Now this could maybe explained through Saturn as exaltation ruler of your 10th house being in the 1st - the jobs come to you.

J?rgen
I've made most of my money with third house matters - writing in particular, mostly fiction and lyrics, and some with Venus-type occupations in the music and beauty industries. When it comes to education, I've been very lucky - most of it has come to me for free - not a lot of strife involved. So maybe Zoeller is more correct on this one? Books are definitely a weakness when it comes to spending, though!

There is no family and no siblings, so no inheritances. Though I have had too many friends of the 'we create our own reality' school who have told me that there was no reason I couldn't be making lots of money with eight broken bones or whatever the problem was at the time. That's caused some strife, especially as most of them are wealthy through inheritance. Which did lead to some pretty serious rifts - when things were at their worst I was having a hard time sympathising with people who had no physical problems and 'only half a million per year' to 'scrape by on'. Would that I could be so unfortunate!

@ Janeg
Zoller does differentiate between 'outcomes' and 'realization' and talks about the 'flow' of energy between a sign and its ruler; he does say that they can combine subtly in different ways.
How did you understand these terms?
Do you work with "outcome" and "realization" in practice?
Don`t you had the same feeling that these things are different from Morin`s teaching?

Sorry for so many questions at once. But unfortunately, due to Zoller`s illness, I have no tutorial with the DMA course and there are some things that are not absolutely clear to me (e.g. outcome and realization).

Thank you
J?rgen