Astrological New year

Okay in Western Astrology the New Year Begins with the Spring Equinox, I was wondering if anyone asside fom myself was interested in a discussion of what the Astronomical new Year looks like for the world in general?

the GMT it will occur at about 11:45 am 20 Mar 2009
I say about because at 11:45 the sun is at 00 Aries 00' and 03" so close enough for government work. ;-) Granny

The thing that strikes me is the applying square between Sun and Pluto as well as the opposition of Saturn and Uranus which is not finished.

the US chart would be 7:45 Am on 20th and puts Venus Exactly on the Asc. And has Aries rising... all kinds of implications there I think!

G

Your talking about an Aries Ingress Chart? Traditionally that is done by location according to capital city of the individual country.

Obviously we would have to skip houses if we do a generalised analysis of the global trends. Is that what you mean?

Personally, I prefer Ingress charts as they can be more revealing about the affairs of a particular country. I am happy to discuss the USA Aries Ingress if that is what you mean?
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Yes I'm talking about an Ingress, but it is also the Astrological new Year, something people tend to forget and thought I'd slip it in. And I dont particularly caare what country or countries we talk about, I just like to look at the quarterly Ingress charts as they come up. and as I said, for US it is 7:45 am 20 Mar 2009

:) But I'd take the GMT chart as a global indicator myself. Afterall we are all stuck on the same mudball or darn close to it. :)

Granny

For the city where I live, it's Cap with the Moon on the Ascendant, so everything is in houses 1 and 2 except Saturn in 8. Ugh.

It's kind of interesting, as there is an election coming up soon, so there is a gag rule in effect by a law they've re-invoked since the last elections - nobody is allowed to criticise the government or its policies until after the election is over.

Minimum equivalent of $10k fine (about twice what I make in a year) and year in prison. Given what's going on here, I think the city deserves a chart of its own. As do maybe a lot of other places - so if we happen to be living in them, it could be interesting.

Moon is people generally, but also women. Venus is women. Moon and Venus are not in happy signs. That, I am sure, says something world-wide, and it won't be good.

Add in Mercury in fall, a somewhat depressed Jupiter and Mars, and an exalted sun.

Can I say 'ugh' generally?

What is on the MC? Libra? so unhappy Venus means unhappy govt ruler. and cancer is 7th house ruler so partners or enemies or the opposition on 1st, a gag rule can work against the govt in this case as people get fed up being told what to do, so may just vote against current government for being jerks... well I would certainly. Saturn the People in the 8th house, are very worried, well of course, sounds like things are not happy there so that stands to reason. interesting concepts of course a full chart would be better for reading. :)

Granny

Hi
very simplistic:
Lord of Year is moon. Angles are cardinal. Very changeable year, full of highs and lows. Issues related to women and marriage will be discussed. There can be problems with protests from the population (maybe students ?)

Saturn represents the people and it is not that good, it is opposed by mercury (which it is his dispositor), but separating.

Mars will oppose saturn, so in general, not such a good first trimester.

But, of course, we don?t look at just one chart to do real predictions
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com