Aspects of the Moon to the main rulers

Hi,
If the moon makes square aspects with the ruler of the querent and the quesited in quick succession, and the rulers of the querent and quesited are essentially strong;
would this be considered:
1) A form of translation; and thus a form of perfection (I know "true" translation is when the faster planet is separating from an aspect of one ruler and forming an aspect with the other)
or
2) Some form of a connection between the two via whatever is signified by the moon
or
3) No perfection, since these are square aspects

Thanks.

Hi,
I'll take a shot at this one. It's a good question!
If the Moon is about to square both significators successively, then the two sigs are either in conjunction or opposition to each other, and if we're relying on the Moon to bring them together then I presume they must be separating from each other?
You're right when you say that this isn't technically translation of light, where the Moon would have already aspected one sig and be moving on to the other. Nevertheless the applications of the Moon are going to link the two sigs together in some way, and probably with a great deal of stress that could cause a major disagreement or schism, particularly if both sigs are strongly dignified and there is no reception between them. That would seem to be the common sense interpretation, all else being equal.

Cheers,

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your response.
If the Moon is about to square both significators successively, then the two sigs are either in conjunction or opposition to each other, and if we're relying on the Moon to bring them together then I presume they must be separating from each other?
The main rulers are Venus and Mars and as you know Venus is about to conjunct Mars, except it goes retro first. However, I notice that the Moon is making the connection before Venus goes retro.
Nevertheless the applications of the Moon are going to link the two sigs together in some way, and probably with a great deal of stress that could cause a major disagreement or schism
Ah! Nothing comes easy in life, just once or twice I would be thrilled to see a wonderful little trine with strong mutual reception and 4 or 5 confirmations of the happy outcome... :wink:
By the way, I notice you've been responding to some posts lately. If you copy a part of a post that you are responding to, and you want that particular text to stand out from your response, all you have to do is copy and paste the text into your reply box; click on the left button of your mouse and drag to hilite the applicable text; then click on "Quote" at the top of the reply box. Doing so will result in the text being hilited so it doesn't get mixed up with your response.

By the way, I notice you've been responding to some posts lately. If you copy a part of a post that you are responding to, and you want that particular text to stand out from your response, all you have to do is copy and paste the text into your reply box; click on the left button of your mouse and drag to hilite the applicable text; then click on "Quote" at the top of the reply box. Doing so will result in the text being hilited so it doesn't get mixed up with your response.
You mean like this? :-D
Thanks for the tip, I was getting pretty confused about how to do it properly!
As for the Moon applying first to Venus and then to Mars before Mars leaves Gemini and Venus goes retro', I think that ~ as in true Translation of Light ~ it won't facilitate anything if the Moon isn't in any of the dignities of either sig'. I could be wrong, but that's the way it seems to me.

Cheers...

it won't facilitate anything if the Moon isn't in any of the dignities of either sig'.
I was wondering if you could help me understand this one...I get confused if it's one way or the other...

As I take a look at the Moon, it is in the triplicity and face of Venus, but nothing of Mars. Is this what you mean by above?
Or, do you mean the other way round; i.e. Venus or Mars should be in one of the dignities of the Moon.

Also, while taking another look at this chart, the Sun is located in the 7th in 10 deg 54 minutes in Taurus. So the Moon is doing the classical definition of translation by separating from the trine with the sun and coming to a square with Venus.

The Sun is in the exaltation and face of the Moon, while the Moon is not in any of the dignities of the Sun. So which way is it?
Thanks for your help.
:D

Hi again :)
as I understand Lilliy's tortured parse on page 126 of C.A., the translating planet needs to be in the dignity, triplicity or terms of both the planets to whom he is translating light. To be in the dignities of just one of them isn't enough to make it work. The same applies to Collection of Light, where the heavier, collecting planet needs to be in one of the major dignities of the other two.
I could be reading Lilly dead wrong ( it's not that difficult to do! ) and if I am then I hope some kind soul will jump in and say so :)

Cheers...

To be in the dignities of just one of them isn't enough to make it work
It would be interesting to find out if Lilly followed this rule in the examples that he has in CA....
Thanks for your help in this Pete.
:D