Well Astrotheme?s been going for years.

I?ve wondered sometimes about the accuracy, but I think that if they do the best they can you can hope for a general reliability.

Now there are two sets of catalogued data to choose from... good for cross referencing, though I think that perhaps Astrotheme has to me the better variety. Astrodata is an American run thing as far as I see, seems to be heavily weighted in that direction. But I don?t know for sure. Was wondering whether anyone had opinions on them both.

Astrotheme does not cite any documentation. They give an e-mail address for data corrections, but they neither respond nor change incorrect data. I used them because they are better than nothing.

Astrodatabank has a rating system and they work hard to provide the best data and documentation for that data. They aren't perfect, but they do stay on top of their work. It's an American organization working in America and obtaining their data primarily from Americans, so it would be heavily weighted with Americans. I'm sure they will accept any and all accurate data for famous people from all over the world.

Tom

Tom,
It's an American organization
America is a big country and has a lot of good things to offer, like Lois Rodden?s chart collection and rating system.

But Astro-Databank is now run by Astrodienst (astro.com) domiciled in Zurich, little Switzerland.
The Astro-Databank wiki publishes the huge collection of astrological data collected by Lois Rodden and her cooperators, so that these data can be used for astrological research, for astrological publications and for serious astrological discussion.

Astrodienst is committed to preserve the idealistic spirit of Lois Rodden and to continue her work. The Astro-Databank has been transformed into an open wiki project. We are now forming a community of volunteer data collectors and maintainers, who will expand and maintain this uniquely valuable collection of astrological information in the future.
Ren?

Thanks for the correction
You're welcome, Tom. I felt I owed this to my friend Dieter Koch who works for Astrodienst, taking care of the Swiss Ephemeris (which he co-created) amongst other things.

Tom wrote:Astrotheme does not cite any documentation. They give an e-mail address for data corrections, but they neither respond nor change incorrect data. I used them because they are better than nothing.

Astrodatabank has a rating system and they work hard to provide the best data and documentation for that data. They aren't perfect, but they do stay on top of their work. It's an American organization working in America and obtaining their data primarily from Americans, so it would be heavily weighted with Americans. I'm sure they will accept any and all accurate data for famous people from all over the world.

Tom
Yes you are right in that i have questioned Astrotheme too and found that there is no source for some of the records and charts. And no rating system either. But it is still a great site and has in my opinion a very wide scope and variety of persons and historical figures which is more my interest. But early days yet to judge one over the other.

How is anyone supposed to make such a judgement on 35 000 charts in either site? It?s impossible. We ought to just say thanks for the people who?v done their best to provide it.

Astrotheme is nothing but an illegal pirate site where most of the data is hijacked from ADB, and Alois Treindl has recently verified this on the ADBUsers list on YahooGroups. It's good that the data has finally got online legally.