And furthermore... I just realized that this ties in with what I wrote in the Sun and Moon subject. The picture is taken and we have an image of a past moment. It becomes a memory. Even if you were not present when the picture you are viewing was taken, you are aware that it is an image of the past. But wait a minute. Now I am talking about the picture. Maybe that is Moon ruled and not the camera itself. I don't know; I still favor the Moon as ruling the camera.

It would be easier being a blob in front of the television. Thinking hurts.

I've always thought of photography as being Neptunian. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Neptune in some influential placement at the dawn of the film industry? Also, it seems to me that a well-aspected placement of Neptune had something to do w/the 'kindness' of the camera in relation to the subject, i.e. the photogenic quality and one spoken of as having 'a love affair' w/ The Camera. Of course, the enormous impact of the Illusion itself. Just my two cents...

I've always thought of photography as being Neptunian
Me too, but the question was what rules a camera, and qua concrete, structured device, Frawley's answer (Saturn) is fine by me. One needs to distinguish the object, the process (not the chemical, mechanical, etc - but the use of the object: lighting, positioning, etc), and the wider intent. One can "lie" with photography just as easily as "tell it as it is". Same as with words - tho noone would accuse a poet of lying, even with a prominent Neptune in their chart.

Well, in that regard, how about Mercury, as information (could be an image) is being gathered/recorded? There are a lot of us who assign qualities surpassing 'just a tool' to the camera. Use and intent could place it under Venus or Saturn..(Fashion? Art? Forensic?) Lying to the camera is not that easy, or photos wouldn't be routinely used as evidence. Still, I imagine someone could endeavor to make poetry out of a car wreck....