Saturn, Uranus, Science, and Astrology

I'm looking for feedback.

I want to lay out some ideas about the Uranus/Saturn cycle and how astrologers should deal with what scientists call facts. I'm hoping for a great discussion!

I'm deep into the revision and expansion of a little book about astrology I wrote a few years ago (it's a free download at Lulu.com) and along with mythology and religion, I'm going to deal with what's called science.

Were in the midst of a Saturn/Uranus opposition and there are a lot of astrology devotees who embrace current scientific ideas and work to incorporate them into astrological practice.

One of my current challenges is to incorporate a new paradigm of science into my mind and heart, let alone use it in astrology. Very basically, it claims to have theories that disprove well-known concepts like the big bang, blackholes, neutron stars, and nuclear fusion as the source of a star's energy. A decent primer of this new direction in science can be accessed at Thunderbolts.Info.

Back to Saturn and Uranus. As Dane Rudhyar explains in his essay, Saturn VS Uranus: The Value of Inconsistency, Saturn's job is to hold on to previously organized information/substance and Uranus's job is to make a break when previous organization becomes obsolete.

We had the beginning of a Saturn/Uranus cycle on these dates:

12 Feb 1988 at 30 Sagittarius
26 Jun 1988 at 29 Sagittarius
18 Oct 1988 at 28 Sagittarius

We're in the middle of the culmination (opposition) of this cycle. Here are the dates:

4 Nov 2008 at 19 Pisces/Virgo
5 Feb 2009 at 21 Pisces/Virgo
15 Sep 2009 at 25 Pisces/Virgo
26 Apr 2010 at 29 Pisces/Virgo
26 Jul 2010 at 1 Libra/Aries

I have no conclusions about any of what I've said since I'm in the middle of pondering it. I can say that, at the conjunction, I had the Most Profound spiritual experience of my 63 years of life on earth...

All I'll add (and I do hope I've sparked enough interest in this topic to start a lively discussion) are the meanings for Saturn and Uranus from my book:

Saturn:
Defining
Clarifying
Structuring
Organizing

Uranus:
Transforming
Breaking Obsolete Traditions
Seeking the Truth
Exploring Fresh Ideas

I am a Hopeless Optimist...
~ Alex from Astrological Repair Manual

Hello, I'm surprised that nobody has jumped on this topic in the last few days. It must be the great spring weather that is keeping everyone out in the sunshine.

Anyways, on my blog I just posted a combined astro-tarot reading for a 22 year old lady who was asking about what life in general held for her in the coming months, in this year. She was born as Saturn approached Uranus and is now experiencing the opposition point in that cycle. For her, this is very personal. I believe that many of us will have clients, family and friends who are involved in this cycle asking us for guidance.

I use solar return charts, precession corrected, and progress the s/r angles for daily charts in between the annual charts. When ever the MC reverses itself (about 4 months, 3 weeks later), a challenge to the solar return chart's promise occurs, and later (about 9 months 2 weeks) the chart's promise is completed (fulfilled or failed, but at least experienced).

I would expect that your unique life experience during the conjunction will be challenged about now or in the next few months. This is not to say that everything positive will be undone, but that the challenge will give you an opportunity to define and clarify the changes that came into your life previously.

Since I resonate to different sets of planetary cycles, I can't remember just how the last Uranus-Saturn conjunction influenced me. It's not that much of a big direct cycle for me, other than we are all experiencing its effects in terms of the economy, politics and the recession. Since I'm now retired, the latter doesn't affect me to harshly other than depressing some stocks, etc. I do hope others join in on this. Dave
If you have options, exercise them all.

dadsnook wrote:I would expect that your unique life experience during the conjunction will be challenged about now or in the next few months. This is not to say that everything positive will be undone, but that the challenge will give you an opportunity to define and clarify the changes that came into your life previously.
It's my experience that the opposition of a cycle is a challenge; specifically, a challenge of awareness--how much of the promise and potential of the conjunction has been actualized...

I would also extend the challenge into the summer of 2010 since the series of oppositions isn't complete till then.

Some folks cringe and quiver when they see that an aspect will recur 3 or 5 times. I counsel them to work to see these repetitions as wonderful opportunities--3 or 5 chances to "get it right", rather than just one...
~ Alex from Astrological Repair Manual

Just saw this post.

Oh yes..... Can I please CRINGE!

I was married on the 25th June 1988 (see first post for dates for Saturn/Uranus) in which Saturn/Uranus opposed my Natal Venus and, as such, formed a T-square with my Chiron. Needless to say, I never liked being married, and was glad to escape 9 years later. P.S. I am a new Moon Taurus, and such people rarely leave marriages.

The Opposition in April this year sits on that Natal Chiron position, forming a new T-square with my natal planets and a Grand Cross with that marriage chart.

CRINGE!!!!! :-sk

Uranus and I get along great, but Saturn and I dislike each other immensely.