function of dispositors relationships houses

I dont know if this subject already exist i did't check :bl

i would like to know how important are dispositors in natal chart when we look to relationships houses?as example good aspects and positions of 7th house lord with other lords of "relationschip" houses or ascendant BUT dispositors in bad position and with bad aspects. What is more important?

Example: Is for the Second marrige: lord of 9 Mercury in 10th house in Scorpio in beautiful sextile with jupiter lord of ascedant. When you look only to this you can say this is someone who like to be in relationship .. but when we look to dispositor of this position of Mercury = Mars in 8th square Mercury :-|

How to interpret it?

chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid= ... &rs=0&ast=

Hi san,

I have found that using aspects alone does not really provide enough information. What is more telling is the relative strengths of the planets with respect to dignities and any reception between the planets.

In this case, the Lord of the Ascendent, Jupiter, is about as bad off as Jupiter can get. He is in Virgo, his fall, according to traditional rulerships, and peregrine (with no essential dignity). Not only that, he is in the 8th House and attached to a Node (albiet the North one...but I have found that both Nodes have the potential to be somewhat malefic). I would interpret this to mean that this person has very little in the way of social graces or charisma, despite the Sagittarius Ascendent. With Jupiter in Virgo, I would see this more as the person being awkward and uncomfortable. He or she is probably too critical and serious. When he or she tries to make jokes, they probably all fall flat. He or she probably comes across as a bit arrogant, although, I do not think that this is intentional.

Now, Jupiter is sextile to Mercury, and Jupiter looks to Mercury his depositor. Unfortunately, Mercury is not really in that much better shape than he is. Mercury is in Scorpio, and peregrine as well. Now, Mercury is in the 11th, and has no other essential debilities other than being peregrine, but Mercury is not returning any favors and does not receive Jupiter in return. So, your friend is looking for a spouse to help him with his difficulties, but really the spouse is not all that helpful. It is not surprising there is a second marriage. Despite all of this there is a very strong Moon in Cancer in the 7th House, and she is trine Mercury, and depending on the orb used sextile (certainly by sign) Jupiter. The Moon looks to Mercury by Term (Egytian terms) and Decante (traditional), and Mercury looks to the Moon by triplicity, but is in the Moon's fall. The Moon looks to Jupiter by exaltation, and Jupiter returns the favor by triplicity. So, there is some relationship potential despite the difficulties. I would say that this person should let the heart rule rather than the head with respect to relationships, probably needs to be much more considerate and romantic in order to make any relationship work. This person should also learn from mistakes made during the first marriage in order to make the second work better.

Cindy

Thanks a lot Cindy :)
I agree with you that using aspects alone does't provide enough information and your interpretation is quite correct exept for one thing about his Moon. I dont think this person has such a "strong" Moon because he is in an intercepted 7th house square his Sun ....

"So, your friend is looking for a spouse to help him with his difficulties, but really the spouse is not all that helpful"

What do you mean with "the spouse in not all that helpful " ?

Hi san.

Yes, the Moon is square the Sun and is in an intercepted sign, but that doesn't change the fact that she is in her own rulership and triplicity, and even if she is in an intercepted sign, she is still in a strong angular house. How I would interpret this is that the person is actually a very caring, nurturing, loving, and protective mate underneath all of the rough edges, but has a lot of trouble accessing this and letting this part show. Even with her troubles, the Moon *is* the most dignified planet or luminary in the chart. The person will need a *very* understanding and patient partner to acces these positive qualities, though.
What do you mean with "the spouse in not all that helpful " ?
If the person is looking to a spouse to help with his or her awkward social skills, it really won't work all that well.

Cindy

Thanks again Cindy!

and i think you are right again :)
"The person will need a *very* understanding and patient partner to acces these positive qualities, though. "

I know this person very well and i know that he can be very caring, nurturing... but only when he knows and trust the other completly.

what i would like to know more from your point of view :roll: and about this person ofcource is how he handel power and his sex life :brows
Lord of his 8th house is Sun conjuct Pluto, mars in 8th house, venus in Scorpio, lord of 7th house in scorpio...:-|

He likes to play "manipulative" games... hold things back...

Re: function of dispositors relationships houses

san wrote:...dispositors in bad position and with bad aspects. What is more important?
First, I feel you need to stop calling certain positions and aspects "bad". For instance, folks like to called squares bad but without squares no work would happen and the rewards of honest struggle would disappear...
san wrote:Example: Is for the Second marrige: lord of 9 Mercury in 10th house in Scorpio in beautiful sextile with jupiter lord of ascedant. When you look only to this you can say this is someone who like to be in relationship .. but when we look to dispositor of this position of Mercury = Mars in 8th square Mercury :-|

How to interpret it?
The dispositor positions are supportive and secondary to the rulerships. Still the situation you indicate shows a flowing, productive sextile supported by a very positive, energy-filled work aspect. What could be better for a productive aspect to be supported by than work?
~ Alex from Astrological Repair Manual