Kirk Little's review of recent 'Lilly texts'

For those interested in William Lilly and his work, we have been treated recently to several new publications that examine his astrology and what motivated him as a person/astrologer. Kirk Lilttle does a wonderful job of reviewing these three publications:

? William Lilly: The Last Magician, Astrologer & Adept by Peter Stockinger & Sue Ward

? The Man Who Saw the Future by Catherine Blackledge

? William Lilly's History of his Life and Times, From the Year 1602 to 1681, annotated by Wade Caves

It is not easy to review three books at once and do justice to all three, but Kirk is one of the most sincere, attentive and constructively critical reviewers I know and I found his review extremely useful. At the moment I have one of these works, another is in the post. I've now decided to order the third because I can see I will find something of interest in all of them. If I had to choose only one, this review would definitely have steered my choice - Kirk explains their approach and their pros and cons, and along the way offers a very insightful look into why Lilly is attracting so much attention lately, and what that has to say about the importance of his work as an astrologer. It is not a quick-read, but a very worthwhile and interesting one for those who have an interest in Lilly's astrology.

thanks for sharing this deb and kirk!

i just read the review which i think is quite good.. here is a direct link to it - http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rev_lilly.html

this may be off topic or not, but as someone who hasn't been involved in horary growing up in the astrology of the 70's, i think kirks overview on wade caves book was especially succinct..

i have yet to read christian astrology, although i think it was therese hamilton who recommended the books to me way back in the days of astrodatabank when they used to have a forum that has long since gone or morphed into astro.com.. maybe that was the 90's.. the books i still have which i have yet to read were put out by david roell i believe.. i found them hard to read.. this is my question - have there been any publications of lillys work 'christian astrology' that are any easier to read, or am i just being a complainer here? thanks..