yuzuru wrote:I agree. Other thing that I have noticed is that many times the "likings" are not show by position by sign, as Frawley suggest, but by position by house and by aspects.
I second that. It's not uncommon to see house position having more weigth than sign position in the "liking" process.

Gunhilde wrote:

If we use this chart, the Sun in Taurus is in the sign of Mars' detriment, and Mars is of course in the sign of the Sun's exaltation, etc. etc.
To me, this shows how much the querent wants the business (mars exults sun) but starting a business will not easy for her (sun in detriment of mars).

Cooking and floristry are similar professions, imo. Both are creative and "feminine". How would you look to see which business is best for the querent?. If mars is the 6th, does that mean her energy could be better directed to the kitchen?

PallasAthene wrote:Cooking and floristry are similar professions, imo. Both are creative and "feminine". How would you look to see which business is best for the querent?. If mars is the 6th, does that mean her energy could be better directed to the kitchen?

Mars is far better suited to working in the culinary field, dealing as it does, with sharp utensils, metal and heat.

Cheers,
Pete

Mars is far better suited to working in the culinary field, dealing as it does, with sharp utensils, metal and heat.
Huh? :?

I got all excited about starting my own business, but now I'm confused as to which direction to take...I thought the proposed business was leaning towards flowers based on prior discussions...??

Sorry Taurus7, I'm learning so try to pick up any and all tips and tend to ask lots of questions and think out loud.

You are mars, in 6th.. I thought 6th would represent kitchen as it is a place of service, but I've since found out kitchen is 4th house... The mars association with heat, metal etc would still place you there in the kitchen as Pete says.

The new career is sun, disposited by venus... and venus rules cake! (The Rulership Book, Rex Bills, p200) And all artistic endeavours (flower arranging).. hmm. But this is really a commercial venture, not just artistic.

In the sports forum, Andrew Bevan says this:

A debilated planet joined to a planet that is dignified in that same place experiences the debilation as lifted and nullified, and enjoys the stature and resources of the dignified planet.

This would link the debilitated venus, very strongly with the exaulted mars. Great for the new project!!! And taking us back to the heat of the oven. (Mars rules cooks, cooking p217 Is that why chefs are so feisty? Gordon Ramsey ; ) However, you may consider the orb too large for a conjunction and it is separating...

Now, you discussed the cooking business as mail order. This is a 3rd house activity? And that house is intercepted... Just noticed, 7th, customers, is also intercepted. So I think it is the marketing side that you really need to think about.. attracting, communicating with and keeping customers. And with Algol on 8th cusp.. don't loose your head over borrowing money!

But you didn't say how you would operate the the florist business? Mail order also? Market stall? Shop? Delivering in person?

In the sports forum, Andrew Bevan says this:

A debilated planet joined to a planet that is dignified in that same place experiences the debilation as lifted and nullified, and enjoys the stature and resources of the dignified planet.
This is an interesting statement and mirrors somewhat a rule in Vedic astrology which says that a fallen planet loses it's debility if it is angular and its ruler is exalted or in its own sign. Venus' lord - Mars - is here in its own sign but the two are cadent, showing a somewhat difficult or challenging path to perfection. The 6th is never an easy house to dwell in and is beset with difficulties but Mars has the resources, experience and will to overcome them, *if the effort is made*. The sixth house is the joy of Mars because Mars loves a good challenge and doesn't think a job is worth doing unless one has worked up a good sweat!
This would link the debilitated venus, very strongly with the exaulted mars. Great for the new project!!! And taking us back to the heat of the oven. (Mars rules cooks, cooking p217 Is that why chefs are so feisty? Gordon Ramsey ; ) However, you may consider the orb too large for a conjunction and it is separating...
True, Venus never does reach Mars before Mars slips into Taurus but that doesn't really matter imho because Mars doesn't actually need Venus to function, he has enough juice of his own to cut through the obstacles. Venus in Aries isn't delicate flower arrangements but I do see a delicious cake baking in a hot oven!

What interests me is the collection of light by Jupiter from the Moon and Sun. This links lord 10 with the co-sig Moon and brings them together via the 5th house, firmly rooted in the 4th. To me this is teaching, promoting, publishing and disseminating knowledge. After the collection is over, Mars sextiles that Jupiter so I feel Jupiter is the key here.

Cheers,
Pete

Pete wrote:
What interests me is the collection of light by Jupiter from the Moon and Sun. This links lord 10 with the co-sig Moon and brings them together via the 5th house, firmly rooted in the 4th. To me this is teaching, promoting, publishing and disseminating knowledge. After the collection is over, Mars sextiles that Jupiter so I feel Jupiter is the key here.

Cheers,
Pete
How about 5th of creativity in the 4th.. kitchen... and jupiter makes the cakes rise?
I'm also thinking souffles : )

Jupiter was assigned to the querent's son as the 3rd party facilitator.
Are you suggesting the querent should teach her subject rather than sell her cakes? Or write a book of cake recipes?
Or how about baking parties.. combining teaching/demonstrations with selling cakes, sort of party-plan like tuppaware used to be. In her home or other homes. It's fun and sociable as the 5th house should be. Kitchen and home based, 4th. With Jupiter teaching/passing on knowledge and skill.

PallasAthene:
But you didn't say how you would operate the the florist business? Mail order also? Market stall? Shop? Delivering in person?
The flower arrangements that I make are based on an Asian style of arrangement that does not exist in America. Since these arrangements are very artistic, and not "bouquet" style at all - they are too delicate to be mailed, so I was planning on pick-up or delivery to areas in my neighborhood.

Pete:
How did you deduce teaching and publishing? Would that be the signification of Jupiter?
How about 5th of creativity in the 4th.. kitchen...
Well, the cookie idea that I had was in fact a cookie that is already much beloved, but presented with a "twist", i.e. a chocolate glaze to make it irresistable! And I could come up with dozens of ideas really, i.e. creativity in the kitchen.
Jupiter was assigned to the querent's son as the 3rd party facilitator.
Are you suggesting the querent should teach her subject rather than sell her cakes? Or write a book of cake recipes?
My son (based on his extensive research, of course!! :D ) suggested that I write content related to flowers and my specific type of flower arrangements, circulate a newsletter, create regular traffic to my website, and then monetize it by selling my products, or those from affiliates, to the "loyal" customer base that come back to my site each week. I decided to take my son's idea further and create a new video every week that demonstrates what I am doing. So the "teaching" part of Jupiter would tie in nicely...

However, since this horary appears to be leaning towards cooking more than flowers, I'm not exactly sure how "teaching" would fit into this scenario.
Furthermore, my son thinks flower arrangements would be more of a "niche" market, since these types of arrangements do no exist in America. Since there is so much emphasis on Jupiter helping in the perfection of this chart, and if Jupiter is my son (I'm quite sure he is), then how can what the horary is saying (delicious cakes baking in a hot oven) be reconciled with what my son is suggesting (flower arrangements)? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction??

Taurus7 wrote: Furthermore, my son thinks flower arrangements would be more of a "niche" market, since these types of arrangements do no exist in America. Since there is so much emphasis on Jupiter helping in the perfection of this chart, and if Jupiter is my son (I'm quite sure he is), then how can what the horary is saying (delicious cakes baking in a hot oven) be reconciled with what my son is suggesting (flower arrangements)? Seems to be a bit of a contradiction??
Please don't be offended but it sounds like you are trying to make the chart fit your already well formed ideas.. It's really hard to judge your own charts because your so attached to the outcome. Believe me, I've had that experience! I agree that Asian flower arrangements sounds niche and innovative. Could sun signify tropical flowers? It rules lemon and orange trees, bay trees and, I guess, sun flowers? It definitely rules ovens!
Taurus7 wrote: My son (based on his extensive research, of course!! :D ) suggested that I write content related to flowers and my specific type of flower arrangements, circulate a newsletter, create regular traffic to my website, and then monetize it by selling my products, or those from affiliates, to the "loyal" customer base that come back to my site each week. I decided to take my son's idea further and create a new video every week that demonstrates what I am doing. So the "teaching" part of Jupiter would tie in nicely...
This sounds like a great form of marketing and is very of the moment. It would also work with cake DECORATING.. video demonstrations of how to do it beautifully. This combines venus, mars and jupiter?
But don't forget that 3/9 axis is just about intercepted.. it may be harder to get this started than you anticipate. A website capable of displaying video isn't cheap either. It needs to have good functionality and design, as well as content, to make people want to return. The videos will need to be of a reasonable standard too. Decent lighting and no camera shake! And don't forget, websites and blogs are global. Can you service international clients or will you miss out on that market? Are you thinking big enough? (jupiter). How about a small paid subscription to the site after a couple of freebies. In a way, you would need to think about marketing the website itself rather than cakes or flowers per se.. otherwise its like having a party and not sending out any invites.

I wonder if you have reached the point of costing out either business?
Money from the business, 2nd from 10th, is ruled by mercury, in its sign of domicile, 0 degress, the point of new beginings, but RX in a mutable sign..you may benefit from revisions in this area. And don't forget, sun, the business, is actually peregrine. Maybe this reflects the fact that you haven't actually committed to one idea yet.. wandering between 2 options.

Bit of a cop out, but could you run the ideas side by side.. a flower arranging video one week, and a cake/cookie decorating one the next? A web based domestic diva! With the current recession, a return to make it, bake it yourself could hit just the right note. : )