Strong position to start my own business?

I have been considering starting my own business for some time now. There are two directions that I can take: a flower business; or something along the lines of cookie/or baked goods mail-order. These are my two passions, flower arrangement and cooking. Hence the question:

?Am I in a strong position to be self-employed. If yes, which area would be best??

Question asked May 11, 2009, 6:18 PM, Kinnelon, New Jersey, 1 deg 29 minutes Scorpio rising.

The early ascendant seems to indicate to me that the question is still in its infancy ? which it is, since I am just getting a feel for things out there. I believe the chart is still fit to be judged, since it is a Mars hour, and Scorpio is on the ascendant.

The way I see it, a strong ascendant would indicate that I am in a position to start my own business. Favorable aspects and/or reception to or from planets ruling the 5th or Venus (ruler of flowers) to the ascendant would indicate success in the flower business. Favorable aspects to or from the 2nd would indicate success in the cookie business. Strong aspects from the 10th may indicate that I should stay in the job that I have right now. Practically speaking, I would stay in the job and start the business on the side until it is generating enough money or shows potential to meet my current life style.

I am Mars, strong in my own sign, but in the 6th; which could indicate the state that I feel in right now ? monotonous work, and wanting to break away and do my own thing. The Scorpio ascendant slips into the 2nd, not sure what that means.

Moon is positioned in the 2nd. Interestingly, both the Moon and Mars are coming to a sextile to Jupiter, ruler of the 5th and the greater benefic. Jupiter, however, is conjunct Neptune, but this could indicate artistry in my profession. One could go further and say that the Moon is translating the light from Mars and coming to a sextile to Jupiter. Jupiter also rules the 3rd, not sure how this ties in.

I think Venus also conjuncts Mars, although Venus is very slow and Mars may slip away ? not sure, I haven't animated the chart. Venus rules the 7th and the 12th, so not sure if this is a good thing.

The ruler of the 2nd house is also strong, so this could be indicating success in the cookie arena? Or strong finances?

The Sun, although not in aspect to Mars or the Moon, receives Mars into its exaltation and triplicity, indicating perhaps that my current employer receives me well.

All in all, I think the chart is saying that yes, I am in a position to go self-employed; but I'm not exactly sure as to what area it is directing me to.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

* Taurus7 *

at the time when i judged your chart, moon is in dual sign on 13-5-2009 at 18-59 , in Manchester

As per niryana system moon is in saggitarious , a dual sign, indicates duality of your mind.

moon is lord of 10th house in 3 indicates many clients, means good turn over.

you will get more from flowers.

i am looking for discussion of other members and try to learn wetern system technique, but due to helping attitude i reply you to answer your querry. go ahead, goodluck.

hs nagi
MAY YOU ALWAYS BE HAPPY-HEALTHY AND WEALTHY

at the time of judgement moon was in star of venus, a planet of beauty(related to flowers) in 5th house( a house of love and romance)

ok
MAY YOU ALWAYS BE HAPPY-HEALTHY AND WEALTHY

at the time when i judged your chart, moon is in dual sign on 13-5-2009 at 18-59 , in Manchester

As per niryana system moon is in saggitarious , a dual sign, indicates duality of your mind.

moon is lord of 10th house in 3 indicates many clients, means good turn over.

you will get more from flowers.
Hi,
it seems from what I can gather here that you have erected this chart from the time and place that you read the question on the forum. This could prove misleading as Taurus 7 asked the question two days earlier on May 11th at 6.18pm EDT in Kinnelon, New Jersey. It is THIS chart that we should study and on which she is seeking guidance.

Cheers,
Pete

Hi Taurus7,

Sorry to put a damper on things, but I don't think it's the time right now for you to start any business. It's too early (early Asc. degree), and it seems it would be a basic drain. (SN on the MC/business).

It appears you'd be your greatest asset, willing to work hard and give it your all (Asc./Mars in dignity in the 6th), but there are just no aspects at all between either of your significators (Mars, Moon) and the proposed business (10th/Sun).

It's true there are positive connections between both your significators and Jupiter/5th/flowers, but I tend to think that just shows your enjoyment of them rather than a positive connection to a business (Jup. Sq. Sun) There's also no connection between the cookie-making (Sat./4th IMHO) and a possible business (Sun) or you (Moon/Mars).

The most optimistic indicator IMHO is that Venus (flowers) makes a future conjunction with Mars in the 6th of daily work, so maybe working with flowers would be a future possibility, but my guess is it would probably under someone else (being in the 6th) rather than in the setting of your own business.

Again, sorry to sound so pessimistic :( , but of course I could be completely wrong.

Carol,
Your humble opinion is very valuable! :' Thank you!
Again, sorry to sound so pessimistic Sad , but of course I could be completely wrong.
On the other hand, you could be right. The south node did concern me, but in typical wishful thinking fashion, I decided to ignore it...

I see you took a different take on the horary, i.e. equating the 10th to the proposed business. I took the 10th to signify my current job.

Now if we take your approach, the Sun, ruler of the 10th, receives Mars (me) into its exaltation, triplicity and face, which isn't bad. So the proposed business does seem to be welcoming me with open arms, don't you think?

But yes, you are right, there are no aspects to the Sun from the Moon or Mars, so seems like there will be no opportunity to make it happen. But then again, the question was "Am I in a strong position to start the business?". So if the horary answers the question and the question alone, and Mars is strong in its own sign - albeit in the 6th - and the 10th is welcoming it quite wholeheartedly, could this "No" be somehow converted into a "Yes"? Of course, this could all be wishful thinking on my part again...

Both the Moon and Mars are coming to a sextile with Jupiter, ruler of the 5th, so I do find Jupiter to be significant - the question is, what is Jupiter?

You know, I've been studying horary on and off for maybe 5 years now, but I still can't seem to put the pieces together.... :?

Now if we take your approach, the Sun, ruler of the 10th, receives Mars (me) into its exaltation, triplicity and face, which isn't bad. So the proposed business does seem to be welcoming me with open arms, don't you think?
That's a good point. I usually don't pay much much attention to receptions because in my experience (relatively limited, I admit) it hasn't seemed to have mattered much if the significators aren't in aspect. However, in this case with Sun doing multiple receptions and on an angle, as well as Mars in his domicile, I wonder if it might mean it's a possibility in the future.
Both the Moon and Mars are coming to a sextile with Jupiter, ruler of the 5th, so I do find Jupiter to be significant - the question is, what is Jupiter?
I was taking Jupiter, ruler of the 5th, to represent the creative art of flower arranging, and its sextiles with both your significators seemed to show your enjoyment and talent (dignified Mars, Jup. strong on an angle) for it, but again, with its Square to the Sun and no connections from your significators to the Sun, it doesn't seem that conditions are quite ready to make it into a business.

That's a good point. I usually don't pay much much attention to receptions because in my experience (relatively limited, I admit) it hasn't seemed to have mattered much if the significators aren't in aspect.
I agree. Other thing that I have noticed is that many times the "likings" are not show by position by sign, as Frawley suggest, but by position by house and by aspects.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

This is something I've just been wondering about: Frawley's use of reception seems to be a bit ...skewed, for want of a better word. I read Frawley's Horary Textbook at the same time I was reading Lilly (big mistake); and of course Frawley's explanation of reception appears to be backwards from what Lilly et al were explaining...so I am VERY confused now about 'which is which'.

If we use this chart, the Sun in Taurus is in the sign of Mars' detriment, and Mars is of course in the sign of the Sun's exaltation, etc. etc.

Frawley, from my understanding, would say here that 'the Sun hates Mars, and Mars loves the Sun'... which is backwards from what my understanding of reception is: that the Sun, as you have noted, receives Mars; and reception is of course expressing a willingness to accept the other planet. It's hardly 'hate', is it? But if we used Frawley's method, we would say that the business is 'not interested' in Mars (by detriment).

*scratches head*

Also, Mars *does* evade Venus here, which makes it interesting, because Mars enters Taurus while Venus is still in Aries, so we have yet another instance of mutual reception, but also evasion, with both planets in detriment!

GH :)

Saturn Girl and Gunhilde, I have his 7-CD "Real Astrology Intensive," and all I can say is AMEN! :???:

And though I probably shouldn't mention this, the thing I found most intriguing about the whole thing was his fascination/obsession with Emmy Lou Harris, lol :lol: