John Frawley's Article on Timing Events

I just read John Frawley?s article called How to Beat Time. In it he gives a couple of ways to accurately predict the timing of events and I have tried to apply this to some of my earlier charts.

He says
Suppose the question is 'When will I marry again?' and we know that our querent divorced three years ago. The chart shows her significator separating from Mars, the natural ruler of divorce. If it is y degrees separated from Mars, we know that y = 3 years. So if it now applies to aspect the ruler of the seventh house, signifying the future husband, in 2y degrees, judgment is simple: you will remarry in 2 x 3 = 6 years. It is as if the chart carries its own scale of calibration, as we might find the scale marked on a map. Conclusions we reach from this are highly accurate and highly reliable.
Here?s my question. I had a fight on November 6 but didn?t do a chart for this incident until November 8. Since then I have found out the real roots of this fight happened on October 28 ? basically the person I fought with had found out about something sneaky that I had done and then he in turn kept that bit of info to himself. Real 12th house stuff. I want to see if this date of October 28 shows up in this chart. Mars rules the 12th house so I looked at recent contact with Mars. The Sun was trine to Mars 9 degrees before wher it is in the chart, and if I take a degree for each day, then should I look back nine days before the day the chart was created or nine days before the actual fight which was two days before the chart? If I go back nine days from the day of the fight, that gives me the date I am looking for, October 28. In hindsight this works, but I am not sure if I should have used nine days before the chart were created.

Any thoughts? 20-20 hindsight is always clearer. I really don?t care that much about this chart per se. I just though this one had some clear dates in at and would be a good starting point.
Mark F

timing of event

Hello Mark F.,

Your question seems to be about how October 28th effected your friend. Have you thought of checking his transits or progressions on that day? Perhaps you should ask a horary question, when you feel deeply and know clearly the question you are asking? The aspects to his significator should reveal a lot.

Sincerely,
Sandra

As a general principle it should be the time between the event and the drawing of the chart. Although that?s not as precise in this case, it?s a very rough and ready technique so you should be looking for an approximate correspondence.