Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Traditional Astrology Radio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuzuru

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Traditional Astrology Radio Reply with quote

A new blog by David Hernandez

http://traditionalastrologyradio.blogspot.com/

Upcoming Shows

May 25th. – Do you believe in Magic? Co-host Christopher Warnock from Renaissance Astrology, will talk about Astrological Magic, and what the ancients had to say.

June 1st. – Aquarius – Mr. Robert Schmidt from Project Hindsight, will share his insight on Hellenistic Astrology, about himself, and his upcoming book, Definitions and Foundations. This promises to be an insightful interview.

June 8th. – Windy Has Stormy Eyes – Ms. Carolyn Egan from WeatherSage, will inform us of the upcoming weather events, astrometeorology, and her lessons on astrometeorology.

June 15th. - I'm so excited - Ben Dykes shares with us his upcoming projects, and his new translations, which promise to have us all at the edge of our seats.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting - thanks for adding the details.
yuzuru

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem

the interview with schmidt is already on the air

There is also scheduled two new interviews:

June 22 – Primary Directions with Rumen Kolev: Come discover an ancient technique of prediction, Primary Directions. How the ancients used them and the importance in traditional astrology.

June 29 – SolarFire with Madelyn Hills-Dineen: What’s new, and what needs to be added to SolarFire to satisfy the appetite of us traditional astrologers. Your chance to share your views, express your concerns and thank SolarFire for a job well done.
epurdue

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add:

Chris Warnock's interview was lost by the website. They are rescheduling it to (I think) June 6th.
trevor

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link yuzuru

enjoyed listening to schmidt.
margherita

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuzuru wrote:

June 29 – SolarFire with Madelyn Hills-Dineen: What’s new, and what needs to be added to SolarFire to satisfy the appetite of us traditional astrologers. Your chance to share your views, express your concerns and thank SolarFire for a job well done.

So please someone should tell her to change fonts, Solar Fire fonts are really AWFUL.

This afternoon I was on the verge of destroying my copy of SF, but now it looks like that:

Better, true?

Margherita
epurdue

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I like Solar Fire as an app, but the charts in Janus look better I think. I just hate how you can't edit traditional chart pages in Janus.
Olivia

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. Either I edited my SF and didn't remember - or something. The fonts aren't a mess.

Ah, if I could just take some features from Janus, some from SF, and have a way to edit in a few more....

Then again, I'm probably the type who'd be using an astrolabe if I had one (yes I know about astrolabe.org, thank you!)

I can never get it right on a computer screen - I seem to need my printouts and tables and plenty of working space to properly see what's going on in a chart.
margherita

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia wrote:

Ah, if I could just take some features from Janus, some from SF, and have a way to edit in a few more....

Me too.
Let's do a list for this lady and then we can send her.

I find necessary:

1) possibility to change astro-fonts from a list of installed fonts.
2) possibility to change terms as in Janus, because I swear still I don't understand which terms SF is using in "reports".
3) I don't want Arab numbers (1,2,3) in the square chart, better Roman ones (I, II, III) in the case.
4) aspects listed by orbs as in janus.

Margherita
epurdue

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gjiada"]
Olivia wrote:

2) possibility to change terms as in Janus, because I swear still I don't understand which terms SF is using in "reports".

This is in there already, but it's confusing I think. By default they use Ptolemaic terms. In SF, you have to go into the dignity/almuten editor in the utilities menu. Look for the "essdig.alm" in the main SF folder. Click the options button, and you can edit it to the system you want. You can also change scorings.

1. I would like the charts to have a more polished look.
2. I think their almuten system, especially chart almuten system is either confusing or it doesn't correctly calculate them according to Bonatti.
3. I would like the syzygy to appear as a chart point.
4. Correct primary directions!!!

It's a shame since I like Janus' look and ease of configuring things like terms, but I think SF is more customizable which I like. I wish they were one system! The things each one lacks seems like would be relatively simple to fix.
margherita

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithra6 wrote:

It's a shame since I like Janus' look and ease of configuring things like terms, but I think SF is more customizable which I like. I wish they were one system! The things each one lacks seems like would be relatively simple to fix.

I agree. If we do a list, maybe someone could send to that lady for the interview, someone who can speak English - not me - I hope Smile

Margherita
leywand

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Solar Fire Wishlist Reply with quote

Hi,

Good idea to do a wishlist for Solar Fire:

I´d like to have antiscia and contra antiscia to also appear in transit, sec. progression and and PD listings, and also antiscia between house-cusps, and cusps and planets, please.

I have SF 6, I think, and I only found out that there´s the possibility to do an antiscion chart, which only changes the planet positions, but leaves house cusps as they were...

Or maybe I just couldn´t find it ?

cheers

leywand
margherita

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Solar Fire Wishlist Reply with quote

leywand wrote:
Hi,

Good idea to do a wishlist for Solar Fire:

I´d like to have antiscia and contra antiscia to also appear in transit, sec. progression and and PD listings, and also antiscia between house-cusps, and cusps and planets, please.

Yes, we can do, but who will send it ?
Margherita
Papretis

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely like to see zodiacal primary directions at last. I was sure they would put them in SF 7 - what a shame that they didn't. What we got instead was some "fancy" art wheels Confused . They clearly didn't have traditionalists in mind with SF 7. Also directing through bounds, better yet if you could see a significator directed through the bounds and which aspects it's making while it's in a certain bound.

Another wish is that one could choose the definition for a peregrine planet - whether a planet is peregrine when it's not in it's sect triplicity, or whether it's peregrine when it's not in any of it's own triplicities (of sect, out-of-sect, participating).

Sari
margherita

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can edit all these wishes and others if someone wants add his/her own.

I'm a Virgo secretary type, in fact Smile

Just tell me who will explain in David's show.

Margherita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> News, Notices, Books, Links All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: