Seymour's 'Scientific Proof of Astrology'

An interesting new angle on the astrology-science debate: Percy Seymour is principal lecturer in astronomy and astrophysics at Plymouth University and his new book *Scientific Proof of Astrology* claims cosmic movements influence the brains of unborn children.

The *Times Online* features the news that 'star movements can influence us? in the report headed Top scientist gives backing to astrology

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/ ... 60,00.html

Can anyone tell me the names and titles of any previous books Seymour has written about astrology and science?
________
Free gift card
Last edited by Dan on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I believe that Seymour's new book is largely the same as his 1997 one, 'The Scientific Basis of Astrology: Tuning to the Music of the Planets'. Certainly the similarity in title & sub-title suggests as much. I haven't actually seen the new book, would be interested to know if there's much new material in it.

The UK press has certainly picked it up in a big way this time around, and from what I've seen have given the book very favourable reviews. Using the word 'magnetism' seems to instantly make astrology a whole lot more acceptable.