Solar Fire wish list

I collected all the desiderata about SF for David Hernandez radio interview.
Someone wants to add something?

a) possibility to change astro-fonts from a list of installed fonts.
b) possibility to change terms as in Janus, because now from Almuten editor is very difficult.
c) general difficulty to use Almuten editor.
d) sizygy as chart point.
e) better primary directions calculation.
f) in the square chart, Arab numbers are not very beautiful, better Roman ones (I, II, III) in the case.
g) possibility to add user points - like stars- to the square chart.
h) aspects listed by orbs as in Janus.
i) user definition of peregrine planets -whether a planet is peregrine when it's not in it's sect triplicity, or whether it's peregrine when it's not in any of it's own triplicities (of sect, out-of-sect, participating).

Margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Oh, that almuten editor! Even Astrolabe admits how difficult it is to use.

Love your list of desiderata, Margherita - you've mentioned all the things I've longed for in Solar Fire. It doesn't seem to me that these additions would be difficult to implement, especially considering the high degree of sophistication they've built into so many of their modules. I've written to Esoteric Technologies a couple of times, asking them to make the program more user-friendly from the Hellenistic and traditional perspectives - hope someday they'll recognize the need.

Astraea wrote: It doesn't seem to me that these additions would be difficult to implement, especially considering the high degree of sophistication they've built into so many of their modules.
Don't ask me why, but all the simplest and needed things generally are missing in whatever astro-software.

It should be some Murphy law....

Margherita
Traditional astrology at

Hi!

Kinda relevant to point 'h' on the list, I would be quite happy to see a customizable ephemeris as a chart object.
The current ephemeris is a pain to use and is not a part of whatever chart is opened. It should be though, but only as chart object (and/or in the reports). The concept of a separate ephemeris is otherwise okay, if we need to generate a generic ephemeris. Please-please add the ephemeris as an object that can be inserted.
As for your point 'a', fonts can be changed with a right mouse click on the chart and by selecting fonts. Or something similar, can't remember exactly though.

Adam

Adam wrote:Hi!

Kinda relevant to point 'h' on the list, I would be quite happy to see a customizable ephemeris as a chart object.
Adam
I'm not sure I understand what you desire. Can you write the exact line, so I can just copy and paste?

And no, I don't believe astro fonts could be changed, just regular ones...

When they changed some glyph for some minor planet they gave a very difficult explication on their site. I tried to follow it to change planetary fonts - no asteroids- but I almost destroyed my copy to change them, because it is an installed font in Windows folder..

On the contrary, I changed in Morinus too, but it's not install so, so I had no problem at all.

margherita
Traditional astrology at

Fair enough indeed!

j) customizable ephemeris as chart object

Ah you mean the glyphs...Those can not be changed easily for sure, but I don't see the reason why they should be changed, in the first place. You can select color, size (if you edit the chart).. But okay, maybe it's a question of taste, however the glyphs for the planets are kinda same everywhere...

Adam

Adam wrote:
Ah you mean the glyphs...Those can not be changed easily for sure, but I don't see the reason why they should be changed, in the first place. You can select color, size (if you edit the chart)..
The glyphs are the worse thing I saw, but it's taste I understand :)

I've sent David the first part of the list before I can forget it - this is possible in fact :(
If someone wants to add from k) on I will send him another mail before Sunday.

margherita
Traditional astrology at

Gjiada wrote:Don't ask me why, but all the simplest and needed things generally are missing in whatever astro-software.
Speaking of simple things...

What about in the electional search, where it shows the date of the election, how about showing the day of the week? Yes I can look at a calendar, but it would be nice if it was there.