Primary directions book is out, and an erratum

As many have asked, I may perhaps be forgiven for a spot of self-promotion in announcing that *Primary Directions: Astrology's Old Master Technique* is now available from Wessex Astrologer, Amazon, etc.

I should also like to point out a potentially confusing misprint in Appendix I, where (despite countless proof-readings), in the middle paragraph on p. 151, the words 'adding' and 'subtracting' have changed places. The formulae on the page are, however, correct. The error will be corrected in future editions.

Martin, you've written an excellent and much-needed book that is informative on many levels. Amazon shipped my copy last Wednesday and I've been reading and re-reading it since then. It's a pleasure to encounter an astrology book written by someone whose breadth of knowledge is matched by depth - especially where traditional astrology is concerned. Thank you!

Gjiada, Martin's book seems to have been published separately and earlier in the US - my friend in England still hasn't received his, though he has had it on preorder for some time. Amazon shipped mine on July 15. The book is in paperback. You'll probably be receiving notice of its release soon.

I got a an email late last week from Wessex Astrologer, the publisher in the UK, that the book was ready and would be despatched soon. So I am assuming my copy will arrive any day now.

Its great the book has come out now. I will get a chance to read some of it it before attending Martin's Primary Directions workshop here in the UK in early August! :D

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Self-promotion is perfectly acceptable here when you're making the lives of thousands of astrologers easier!

Got a note from Margaret at Wessex that the book is out, and am looking forward. Of course given our postal system it may be another two months, but I'm very eager to read it - and thank you so much for writing it!

For those who don't know, you can get a sample chapter of Martin's book from the front page of skyscript, and he's a very clear writer.

Yay! And wishing you every success with it :)

My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday and I know Wessex Astrologer sent out copies for arrival on previous day.

I'm only up to Chapter 3 but it is just what I was looking for!

Thanks Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks, I had my copy this morning while going to work so i could start reading on the bus :)

I see you mention Placido's Part of Fortune too, I'm sure that with your book and with Morinus which includes it many are going to use it.

Here, when Giancarlo explained to his students, people were a little shocked. Anyway in CieloeTerra they don't use that formula, they prefer a slight variant from two Placido's students, Brunacci and Onorati.
Maybe they wrote something on it on their site, myself I vote for keeping things easier, I'm a little lazy

I look forward to check examples with Morinus, I'm a Virgo Sun, I did the same with Kolev. :)

I'm very happy to have your book and I would have the possibility to fly in England, but this is more difficult.
Just think a little about what I told you, :sg

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Glad you got the book, Margherita. :)
I see you mention Placido's Part of Fortune too, I'm sure that with your book and with Morinus which includes it many are going to use it.
I should perhaps say that I don't use it myself. I'd be delighted to see three or four examples where the PoF (calculated by whatever method!) is obviously useful in directions, particularly as hyleg. That would motivate me to use it more.
Here, when Giancarlo explained to his students, people were a little shocked. Anyway in CieloeTerra they don't use that formula, they prefer a slight variant from two Placido's students, Brunacci and Onorati.
Maybe they wrote something on it on their site
I knew of this article (in Italian and English) since before:
http://www.cieloeterra.it/articoli.sorti/sorti.html
http://www.cieloeterra.it/eng/eng.artic ... sorti.html
Looking around, I also found this, only in Italian as far as I could see:
http://www.cieloeterra.it/articoli.sort ... raria.html
Perhaps I should just learn the language a little better so that I can read it properly.
I look forward to check examples with Morinus, I'm a Virgo Sun, I did the same with Kolev. :)
By all means do, and let me know if you find any mistakes. They have been checked repeatedly, but I am not infallible!