Kirk wrote:It was printed on beautiful paper and did smell good, if I remember correctly.
Well, I must admit, it was the cover design that caught my eye. I'll wait and look out for it at an upcoming conference. It is sometimes very handy to be able to open books and have quick glance through, before deciding whether it is likely to get read. I'm not a fan of relocated returns so I'll see if I like the smell of it.

Plus, I also have about a dozen here, that I absolutely had to have, and haven't yet had the time to read. So I'm not short of things to read right now. I'm short of time to read them.

Thanks for the feedback
Deb

PS - Margherita, I'll make sure your account is set to receive notices of your PMs. Thanks for the response :)
Last edited by Deb on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not that one. It's loaded with a 'I found the correct way' attitude, which tends to clash with my correct way. One gets the impression that he is to be considered absolutely brilliant in sending people off to the right spot for their solar returns.
When I read your description, I remembered a very self-important author, with a very "I am brilliant" attitude, in an vedic magazine. Went looking for it and finally found it, and yes, it is the same author.

What can I say? Too much controversial statements with too little proof, and too much emphasis that his method is the truly only one, without convincing evidence to back them up.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

I'm not a fan of relocated returns so I'll see if I like the smell of it.
In principle I have to agree, but I've seen an awful lot of relocated returns that work better than they would have if we used the birthplace. I'll use the birthplace if I can't find the location at the time of the return, though, and I wouldn't send someone anywhere to get the benefits, but that's me.

Tom

I have this book by Ciro Discepolo. The Italian edition is dated 1997 and the French translation, which I have, was printed in 2001.

I have had this book for a number of years and I can't say I have used it much. It seems rather wordy to me, with long developments on the effect of planets, which anybody with experience in astrology knows already.

The interesting part, the only one I used, is at the beginning, a list of dangerous configurations in the SR. With these, the author claims that you can check whether the year will be dangerous or not. I have not found evidence to prove or disprove his rules.
Martine

Perhaps the truth is somewhere else?
I found a very interesting opinion of the famous Austrian astrologer Karl Brandler Pracht(1864-1945)who wrote in his book(Astrologische Kollektion zum Selbststudium, band IV, Berlin, 1926,p.75-79):
Here is my translation in English:

"The method of Gaurico.

The following system of zodiacal directions was widely used by medieval astrologers. So the astrologer Luca Gaurico, this favourite of 3 Popes,who had to endure a torture because of his love for the science, calculated with this method of directions Henry II's death (well-known in one tournament) accurately."

Anyone who is interested I can send him via e-mail the method of Gaurico according to Pracht.At the end a one note-in the booklet of Rumen Kolev ? Gauricus & Henry II-Medieval astrological prognosis? is no mention of this method.

Sorry, but I need to do a slight adjustment in the translation of the second sentence:

Thus the astrologer Luca Gaurico, this favourite of 3 Popes,who had to endure a torture because of his love for the science, should have with this method of directions Henry II's death (well-known in one tournament) accurately calculated.