Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Another horary chart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4 doorz

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Another horary chart Reply with quote

Am trying my hand at another chart (am slowly getting the hang of horary I think). Friend from my course asked me whether he'd ever have an intimate relationship with a girl from his work.

Question was asked 6.23pm 4 June 2004 Brisbane, Australia.

Here is what I think:
1st ruler - Saturn - in 7th house
7th ruler - Moon - classed as 1st? (on cusp)
Because of mutual reception, both are thinking about the other.

Both rulers in their detriment - Question I'm not sure if this means she thinks bad of him OR they both they shouldn't be getting together because he is married and she is partnered.

5th ruler - Mars
Mars and Saturn soon to be cojunct - he has love/relationships completely on his mind.

1st ruler sextiles Jupiter and 7th ruler trines Jupiter
Question In this situation would you look at which house/s Jupiter rulers? How would you incorporate 12th AND 4th house in?

As there is a strong relationship between 7th and 1st thru Jupiter I think there is something happening.

Other things
I noticed no squaring/opposition aspects with 1st/7th ruler.
Neither Jupiter, Saturn or Moon is retrograde. (this is good isn't it?)

Exclamation Now I want to get this right between getting back to him as I am sort of in the process of convincing him horary actually works.

So far I conclude that there could be a secret affair (12th house ruler - Jupiter) between the two of them, even though they really shouldn't be getting together (both in detriment).

Very Happy I have tried hard on this one so all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

4 doorz

Last edited by 4 doorz on Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
4 doorz

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? Please? Sad
Sue

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Another horary chart Reply with quote

Hi 4 doorz

Just a couple of quick points.

Quote:
Mars and Saturn soon to be cojunct - he has love/relationships completely on his mind.

These planets are separating.
Quote:
1st ruler sextiles Jupiter and 7th ruler trines Jupiter
As there is a strong relationship between 7th and 1st thru Jupiter I think there is something happening.

I can see that Jupiter sextiles Saturn. But the Moon doesn't trine Jupiter in the chart I have.
Quote:
I noticed no squaring/opposition aspects with 1st/7th ruler.

There's no aspect at all between the significators unless you have decided to take the 5th house ruler as the significator.

I can't see any real potential for this. They are in each other's houses as you pointed out and they are also in mutual reception by rulership but they are both in their detriment and have no contact by aspect, which suggests to me that neither of them are in a position to do anything about it.
4 doorz

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Another horary chart Reply with quote

Quote:
These planets are separating.

Aah, so could that signify my friend is actually getting over his love interest?

Quote:

I can't see any real potential for this. They are in each other's houses as you pointed out and they are also in mutual reception by rulership but they are both in their detriment and have no contact by aspect, which suggests to me that neither of them are in a position to do anything about it.

So, mutual reception by rulership (but with each being in detriment) would usually mean they are not in a position to do anything about the situation then?

Thumbs up Thanks for your help sue, I'll keep musing over the weekend. I guess to most this is a very simple chart and should already be finalised. Cool
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue wrote:
Quote:
There's no aspect at all between the significators unless you have decided to take the 5th house ruler as the significator

Can I check the details for this chart? I used AEST (-10:00:00) giving the ascendant at 4.28 Capricorn and the Moon at 0.45 Capricorn, so within 5 degrees of the ascendant as you say.

The Moon (7th ruler) is applying to the opposition of Saturn at 12 Cancer, (1st ruler) but currently that aspect is out of orb. Is this what you meant Sue or am I looking at the wrong chart?
Sue

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you have the right chart. But to be honest, I think I neglected the Moon being so close to the Ascendant. Hard to miss I know, but my mind was focussed elsewhere. I did notice the approaching Moon/Saturn opposition but thought the orb a bit too wide. One thought I had was that perhaps this relationship is just out of reach. I know that the Moon will apply to Saturn as it will several other planets. But, at the time of the question, I believed the orb to be too wide and considered the fact that the Moon makes aspects with a couple of other planets first before the opposition to Saturn. And the Moon isn't in great shape anyway, being in its detriment (as is Saturn). So perhaps there is a possibility that they could come together at some stage but it could be that something may happen in the meantime to change the circumstances. There seems to be a lot of obstacles in the way.
But I'm also wondering whether we should put his wife in the chart somewhere. If he is asking about an affair could we put the wife on the seventh and the other woman on the fifth? Or do we leave it as a 1st/7th question since he didn't ask anything such as will he leave his wife for her?
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, mutual reception by rulership (but with each being in detriment) would usually mean they are not in a position to do anything about the situation then?

It shows that each one is in a poor position to begin with; you have to look at the overall quality of the chart to judge whether mutual reception will allow them to gain strength from each other, or pull each other down. It does show that there is a natural inclination to be drawn towards each other, and the feeling that each can satisfy their needs through the other.

Your friend is asking whether he'll ever have an intimate relationship with a girl from work, but he ought to be asking whether he ever should. He is signified by Saturn, detrimented in Cancer, under the influence of a conjunction with Mars and with the Moon applying by opposition. That reads as a whole lot of trouble to me. The Moonís next aspect is a sextile to Uranus in the 3rd house so I think thereís a cause for concern over rumours or careless talk Ė Saturn rules the 3rd house and as we can see itís quite destructive.

The 10th house rules his place of work and the position of the 10th house ruler (Mercury) in the 5th house suggests he is letting his romantic interests affect his job. Mars is about to sextile the Midheaven with the Sun in square of the MC so he needs to be very careful about the impact of the relationship at work and the professional damage that might result from this being brought to light. Since Mercury is about to move into its own sign, there is potentially an opportunity to better himself at work and the sextile from Mars to the MC could be a very helpful or damaging influence upon this so itís a good time for him to show caution in his actions.

With the exchange of houses and the reception by sign, there is clearly a mutual attraction. Sometimes this can overcome the difficulties inherent in the opposition aspect, but it canít alleviate all the other indications of trouble. When planets meet by opposition they are in a very strong contact with each other Ė directly confronting each other across the sky. It is usually destructive because they Ďget lockedí into each other. Apart from the fact that the Moon on the ascendant shows her interest in him, it demonstrates that he is thinking emotionally and being strongly affected by his instincts. Mars, as ruler of the 5th house, also indicates romantic interests that can bring disharmony and conflict and its recent conjunction with Saturn in the 7th house shows that he has been blighted by a powerful sexual attraction. But if this were my client I would advise him that the chart shows this relationship would bring a lot of intensity, but little pleasure and a whole lot of grief; and then suggest he weighs up what he has to lose. IMO, if he has any sense, heíll use that opposition and walk away.
MarkF

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an incredible chart, but man oh man, I am sure glad this is not my life.

The question I have is will this guy be able to withstand the pressures and opportunity to get involved. If I had to guess, I'd say no he will not be able to resist this.
4 doorz

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your responses! Thumbs up I found them most helpful.

My friend certainly didn't expect that perspective (of Deb's). He thought i was going to say that it'll all work out fine for him. That was a another helpful chart for me though so thanks again. Very Happy
4 doorz

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished studying all the different aspects which deb mentioned (around studying for uni exams) and it's involves a whole lot more than just looking at the positions of the significators! Surprised ).

Mark - interestingly, my friend has had to take 2 weeks off work for study for our uni exams so he it is making it easier for him to come to terms with this perspective. Can't wait till end of June when exams are finished and he is bad at work to see how things pan out.

4 doorz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: