Identical Significators

Hi everyone,
I'm SO new to Horary and am very grateful for this excellent forum. Thanks, Deb!

I'm confused about significators in a chart when they are both the same. The significator of the Querent/Ascendant is the same as that of the house in question. If you are asking about romantic involvement, you look to the 5th house, correct? The first house is Gemini and the 5th is Virgo. Mercury is posited in the first and is the ruler of both??

The question is "When will I next become romantically involved with someone?"

June 14, 2004, 5:35 a.m. CDT, Harker Heights, Tx, 31N05 97W39

I thought an indication of timing might be when the significator of both houses applied in aspect to each other, but am confused about them both being identical, in this case, Mercury.

Thanks for any comments!

Because it takes two to tango, relationship questions are essentially about you making a connection with a 'significant other'. Therefore the main significators are 1st-ruler (Mercury) for you, 7th-ruler (Jupiter) for the potential partner, and the Moon.

Any connections with the 5th house are then brought in as a descriptive factor influencing those primary significators.

Relationship questions will never have the same planet ruling the querent and quesited because all opposing signs have different sign-rulers. However, this can occur in other circumstances and has been brought up and discussed in an earlier post.

See: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39 - When same planet signifies querent & quesited

Thanks!

Thank you, Deb. My cousin asked this question of me and I am trying to muddle through books to learn horary using this as an example question. You cleared this up nicely. I'm beginning to see that horary looks at things so differently. But it is such a fascinating form of astrology!

Still reading your fantastic site!