Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mercurys Detriment and fall in Pisces.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattG

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for a start I reckon Mercury is moving at 1D 34' p.d. so it is fast in motion. I think we agreed elsewhere 1D 12' is average.

Matt
PFN

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gjiada wrote:
my sister has Sagittarius Mercury and surely she is not a stupid, she has a university degree in mathematics, but I don't know how to explain, sometimes she is very unattentive to her words, she does not think before talking. Many of my friends noticed this.

My sister has a degree in the same field and exactly this same behaviour. The interesting thing here is that Mercury in Sagittarius can bring a degree of over sinceretity/rash/openess in the person discourse. About the alledgely tendence to exact fields of knowledge, probably just a coincidence.

We can not forget that the 3rd/9th axis is more relevant to the knowledge field, alongside planets in earth/air/fire signs under strong Saturn/Mercury influence.
margherita

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Matt

matt23z wrote:
Well for a start I reckon Mercury is moving at 1D 34' p.d. so it is fast in motion. I think we agreed elsewhere 1D 12' is average.

Matt

Speed depends on position in the epicycle; if we are talking about Hand chart, it's because Mercury is with the Sun, invisible and combust.

@PFN

PFN wrote:
My sister has a degree in the same field and exactly this same behaviour. The interesting thing here is that Mercury in Sagittarius can bring a degree of over sinceretity/rash/openess in the person discourse. About the alledgely tendence to exact fields of knowledge, probably just a coincidence.

True? But i understand you should notice that kind of behaviour.
For me it's a very peculiar tract. I'm always very attentive to what others say and what I say

margherita
mattG

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at last working out planetary phase but Mercury is notoriously tricky. This morning he was faintly visible in the pre-dawn sky. Not often seen in smoky London town.

The Sun Sign books say foot-in-mouth syndrome,that is getting into trouble by speaking too honestly is a trait of Sun in Sagittarius. Mercury of course spends nearly all his time in the same sign as the Sun so maybe he is the cause.

Regards

Matt
margherita

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt23z wrote:
I am at last working out planetary phase but Mercury is notoriously tricky.

Inner planets are very difficult for me too

margherita
Estebon_Duarte

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFN wrote:

We can not forget that the 3rd/9th axis is more relevant to the knowledge field,

this is very true when considering a persons intelligence. Education is a matter of the 3rd and 9th houses.

When speaking of Mr. Hand's chart, Jupiter is an angular planet determined toward Profession and Honors (MC) in his exaltation. I've noticed angular planets allow for the manifestation of planets and points they rule over regardless of that planet/point's placement.
Jupiter brings honor to the native for those things it is responsible for in the chart. Mercury in Sag./6th is indicative (to me) of a researcher, Jupiter a teacher. Regardless of the numerous books and papers written about both modern and classical astrology, that we all have benefited from, his attempts at hybridizing them have been less successful.
I think Mr.Hand's chart is interesting because Jupiter is the prominent significator of Honors, and as such makes Mercury more prominent as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: