Gjiada wrote:my sister has Sagittarius Mercury and surely she is not a stupid, she has a university degree in mathematics, but I don't know how to explain, sometimes she is very unattentive to her words, she does not think before talking. Many of my friends noticed this.
My sister has a degree in the same field and exactly this same behaviour. The interesting thing here is that Mercury in Sagittarius can bring a degree of over sinceretity/rash/openess in the person discourse. About the alledgely tendence to exact fields of knowledge, probably just a coincidence.

We can not forget that the 3rd/9th axis is more relevant to the knowledge field, alongside planets in earth/air/fire signs under strong Saturn/Mercury influence.

@ Matt
matt23z wrote:Well for a start I reckon Mercury is moving at 1D 34' p.d. so it is fast in motion. I think we agreed elsewhere 1D 12' is average.

Matt
Speed depends on position in the epicycle; if we are talking about Hand chart, it's because Mercury is with the Sun, invisible and combust.

@PFN
PFN wrote:My sister has a degree in the same field and exactly this same behaviour. The interesting thing here is that Mercury in Sagittarius can bring a degree of over sinceretity/rash/openess in the person discourse. About the alledgely tendence to exact fields of knowledge, probably just a coincidence.
True? But i understand you should notice that kind of behaviour.
For me it's a very peculiar tract. I'm always very attentive to what others say and what I say

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

I am at last working out planetary phase but Mercury is notoriously tricky. This morning he was faintly visible in the pre-dawn sky. Not often seen in smoky London town.

The Sun Sign books say foot-in-mouth syndrome,that is getting into trouble by speaking too honestly is a trait of Sun in Sagittarius. Mercury of course spends nearly all his time in the same sign as the Sun so maybe he is the cause.

Regards

Matt

PFN wrote: We can not forget that the 3rd/9th axis is more relevant to the knowledge field,
this is very true when considering a persons intelligence. Education is a matter of the 3rd and 9th houses.

When speaking of Mr. Hand's chart, Jupiter is an angular planet determined toward Profession and Honors (MC) in his exaltation. I've noticed angular planets allow for the manifestation of planets and points they rule over regardless of that planet/point's placement.
Jupiter brings honor to the native for those things it is responsible for in the chart. Mercury in Sag./6th is indicative (to me) of a researcher, Jupiter a teacher. Regardless of the numerous books and papers written about both modern and classical astrology, that we all have benefited from, his attempts at hybridizing them have been less successful.
I think Mr.Hand's chart is interesting because Jupiter is the prominent significator of Honors, and as such makes Mercury more prominent as well.
Western Predictive Astrology by Estebon Duarte Independent Researcher AMA MACAA
Natal Chart & Annual Solar Revolution Reports
www.organic-astrology.com