Help with "when" questions

I'm new to horary and having difficultly figuring out "when" and timing in my charts. I understand the general process, but when I look to a chart such as the one below, I am perplexed.
As you can see, I've asked "When will I get a new job?" on August 18, 2009. (Not sure if I should do another chart since this one was done a while ago, but I know you should not ask the same questions repeatedly.)

From this chart, I see this: If I am Jupiter, L1 and the job is Venus, L10, they should be aspecting. Here they are in a semisextile and from what I read, this is not enough for an affirmative answer in horary - or it's too minor of an aspect to be considered. To find the "when" I put in dates in the future for when Jupiter and Venus will finally meet through astro.com and I found this not until February 15, 2010 or close to that. I think the placement of Jupiter in L2 is a positive note.

I would really appreciate help as this is a concerning stress in my life right now. Thank you.

I know I keep repeating this lately to various posts, but this chart has a warning against judgment - late degree ASC. Do most of you guys ignore these warnings and proceed, because I honestly rarely get a straight answer when I have these types of warnings? The chart is usually not entirely accurate for me. Just like a tarot spread that makes no sense (has cards that do not fit), you move on and say that the question cannot be answered by me. Or maybe you are just repeating a question that was asked previously, and that is why you are getting wishy-washy charts?

Whenever I specifically ask "when" about something, I pretty much always get a "when" type of answer, not something ambiguous like this. Your main sig is also conjunct Neptune and retrograde, which to me says you are unable to objectively answer this for yourself. Maybe you should ask another reader, if you haven't already? If you are repeating a question, I would seriously advise you to stop now or you will only make yourself nuts.

Tanit333 wrote:I know I keep repeating this lately to various posts, but this chart has a warning against judgment - late degree ASC. Do most of you guys ignore these warnings and proceed, because I honestly rarely get a straight answer when I have these types of warnings? The chart is usually not entirely accurate for me. Just like a tarot spread that makes no sense (has cards that do not fit), you move on and say that the question cannot be answered by me. Or maybe you are just repeating a question that was asked previously, and that is why you are getting wishy-washy charts?

Whenever I specifically ask "when" about something, I pretty much always get a "when" type of answer, not something ambiguous like this. Your main sig is also conjunct Neptune and retrograde, which to me says you are unable to objectively answer this for yourself. Maybe you should ask another reader, if you haven't already? If you are repeating a question, I would seriously advise you to stop now or you will only make yourself nuts.
That would make sense. I have asked several "Will I get job X?" for instance after a few resumes sent for job postings. Perhaps I am asking too much. I did ask different types of questions, so it is a little frustrating. Anyway, I thank you for your reply.

Sure, and I have done the same thing myself so "this" chart is very familiar! :-sk If you saved your first job horary, that one is likely to have the most useful info.

It's best to step away from horary in regards to this matter, and try to focus on other questions. I'm sure we all know it's especially easier to answer for other people vs. yourself.

Since your reply, I've decided to look back on my first job question and delve into that one further. It's just so nervewracking when livlihood is on the line. :-| Thanks again, Tanit!

Hello Maxz

I should like to take a look at this chart, using my Janus software which gives some extra calculations. Would you please post the question details (date, hour and place) ? I cannot read them on the chart you posted because they are hidden by the question.

Regards
Martine

Hi Maxz

At first sight, the chart doesn't look very encouraging. However, there are some positive signs. The MC is conjunct Spica. Jupiter, the 1st lord and Venus, the 10th lord are both in their terms.

Even if the 1st and 10th lords do not aspect each other, I think the answer, as per Lilly, is given by the conjunction of the Moon to the Sun, This is the Moon's last aspect before it leaves its sign. The Moon will have then moved of 27?32'-4?21' degrees = 23?11' or 23.18 units.

What units ? The Moon is in a succedent house (medium) and fixed sign (long). But with the application of will power, it may result in medium units. If we take days for short, weeks for medium and months for long, the answer could be about 23 weeks = about 6 months from the date of the question or 3 months from now.

Lilly says on p. 444 that if the Moon aspects the Sun and the Lord of the 10th aspects the 10th, the querent shall get the desired appointment but must 'bestir himself'. In this chart, Venus, the 10th lord aspects the MC, so the conditions mentioned by Lilly seem to be fulfilled.
Martine

Martine wrote:Hi Maxz

At first sight, the chart doesn't look very encouraging. However, there are some positive signs. The MC is conjunct Spica. Jupiter, the 1st lord and Venus, the 10th lord are both in their terms.

Even if the 1st and 10th lords do not aspect each other, I think the answer, as per Lilly, is given by the conjunction of the Moon to the Sun, This is the Moon's last aspect before it leaves its sign. The Moon will have then moved of 27?32'-4?21' degrees = 23?11' or 23.18 units.

What units ? The Moon is in a succedent house (medium) and fixed sign (long). But with the application of will power, it may result in medium units. If we take days for short, weeks for medium and months for long, the answer could be about 23 weeks = about 6 months from the date of the question or 3 months from now.

Lilly says on p. 444 that if the Moon aspects the Sun and the Lord of the 10th aspects the 10th, the querent shall get the desired appointment but must 'bestir himself'. In this chart, Venus, the 10th lord aspects the MC, so the conditions mentioned by Lilly seem to be fulfilled.
Martine,

Firstly, my thanks and appreciation to you. I have been so consumed by this question.

I have so much to learn, and you've referenced a point I wouldn't have thought to apply to my chart. Thanks for opening my eyes.

I guess I'm getting a clear kick in the butt here, to "bestir" myself. And I will do this 100%.

Have a wonderful day!! I am starting to... :)

For major life issues like this, horary is helpful, but sometimes it's best to look at your transits for further guidance. If your transits are very difficult right now, that would be a major roadblock in getting a job, but these transits never last forever. I know that my own have been very accurate about career issues. My go-to astrologer told me that I would have more luck any time after Oct 10th (and especially Jan/Feb), and I got my first call-back for interviews within a few weeks of that Oct date, then 4 more interviews (which are still on-going), after 5 months of nothing. I was always proactive in looking for work, I didn't wait around, but I did not see any fruits of my labor until the time my transits allowed this to happen. The current Saturn-Uranus-Pluto T-transit is affecting everyone differently, and for me it is at my MC/IC axis especially, so I was uprooted and unemployed. You might be going through something similar. For other people it has relationship problems, health issues, etc. (or even a combo of things). You may have noticed that a lot of people on these forums are wondering why they can't find work.

Tanit333 wrote:For major life issues like this, horary is helpful, but sometimes it's best to look at your transits for further guidance. If your transits are very difficult right now, that would be a major roadblock in getting a job, but these transits never last forever. I know that my own have been very accurate about career issues. My go-to astrologer told me that I would have more luck any time after Oct 10th (and especially Jan/Feb), and I got my first call-back for interviews within a few weeks of that Oct date, then 4 more interviews (which are still on-going), after 5 months of nothing. I was always proactive in looking for work, I didn't wait around, but I did not see any fruits of my labor until the time my transits allowed this to happen. The current Saturn-Uranus-Pluto T-transit is affecting everyone differently, and for me it is at my MC/IC axis especially, so I was uprooted and unemployed. You might be going through something similar. For other people it has relationship problems, health issues, etc. (or even a combo of things). You may have noticed that a lot of people on these forums are wondering why they can't find work.
Hello Tanit,

Your words are very helpful to me. I see what you're saying. Which leads me to wonder, having done my transits and this current chart above - now that I see them not really matching up, what do I do? My transits say early Dec, so perhaps there's hope yet. As you know, it's so frustrating being without a livlihood. I became interested in horary in this time of despair, so it's as if I can't learn enough, in enough time.

Because I understand your predicament so well - I wish you all the luck and blessings in the world, my friend.

Thanks to all the replies on this post. It motivates me to keep studying!