Reply to BiBi

BiBi wrote:
Now I understand, collusion is kind of a mixture of highly precise synchronicity, with a mixture of natal planets being closely activated, especially in the foreground! Very neat (an eventful year)
Yes, at times the Solar Return will be in ?collusion? with our Natal Planets, ?especially in the foreground.? When the angles of a Solar Return are tightly or partile in orb with Natal Planets/Configurations this is BIG TIME important. When this happens it tells us the TIME in our life when our important Natal Configuration will manifest. Our Natal aspects tell us WHAT we will experience in life and our Solar Return angles in ?collusion? with our Natal aspects tell us WHEN we will experience these Natal imprints. I have several examples of this ?collusion? effect and will post them. In fact a very striking example of this ?collusion? effect has recently occurred with one of my associates. I will try to post this recent example today or tomorrow.

Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Solar Return 'Collusion' with the Natal Chart

The above bi-wheel, Solar Return inside wheel-Natal Chart outside wheel, is a recent interesting case example from my personal files pertaining to the ?collusion? effect of a Solar Return with the Natal Chart. Birth Time is AA rated with Birth Certificate in hand.

First, looking at the Natal Chart we see a partile Jupiter-Pluto conjunction in the 8th House. Deb writes about 8th house influences:
?All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss. The quality and nature of death. Who shall be heir to the deceased. Unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased (note that paternity - wealth from the parents - is also shown by the 4th house). Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party??
The native?s 98 year old Mother passed away recently and the native is going to inherit a LARGE amount of money. The will is being probated and the native told me he expects to take full control of his Mother?s estate by the end of the year-so the Solar Return we will be discussing is the native?s up-coming Nov. 29th 2010 Solar Return.

There is an interesting story behind this inheritance. The native?s Father amassed this large estate by inheriting a large estate from his Father and then making wise investments that grew this other generation?s estate. When the native?s Father passed away, the native?s Mother inherited the estate which was actually a trust fund. The trust fund was willed to the native?s Mother with Will instructions this estate would be willed to his son, the native, when his Wife, the native?s Mother passed away The interest alone from this estate is what supported the native?s Mother and was enough to support several families. But the native later found out his Mother was a miser without the native?s Father knowing about this miser effect. Subsequently, the native never received any financial support from his Mother.

Looking closely at the native?s Natal Chart, we note his partile Jupiter-Pluto conjunction in the 8th house receives a partile 120 from Natal Moon. Pluto also receives a partile 135 from Natal Sun with Jupiter tight 135 Natal Sun. This 8th house partile Jupiter-Pluto conjunction SHINES with the Natal lights in partile aspect. This Jupiter-Pluto conjunction also receives a partile 45 from Natal Neptune which could explain why the Mother never shared the large interest earnings from this estate with her Son. The native has been struggling to makes ends meet financially and for the last 15 years he and his wife have been living on Social Security. Another interesting astronomical fact about this 8th house Jupiter-Pluto conjunction is it is also in mundo partile conjunction?a line-up in the heavens. It is rare to see Pluto in zodiacal and mundo conjunction at the same time. Some astrologers feel mundo conjunctions are much more powerful than zodiac conjunctions. Regardless, we can easily see this 8th house Jupiter-Pluto conjunction is a very potent conjunction and clearly dominates this Natal Chart. There has also been correlation by other astrologers; when wealth is an issue with astrological analysis, Pluto seems to hold prominent positions with chart analysis, and Pluto certainly holds a prominent position in the native?s Natal Chart.

Now look at the outside wheel, the Natal Chart, and note the Natal Jupiter-Pluto Conjunction is PARTILE SOLAR RETURN ASCENDANT! According to Jim?s teachings from his book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns? this partile angular placement of Natal Jupiter-Pluto on the Solar Return Ascendant is a huge delineating factor for the astrologer. Using the Advanced & Ingress option in SolarFire with calculations of Solar Returns, I calculated all 80 of the native?s Solar Returns to see how many featured a partile placement of his Natal Jupiter-Pluto conjunction on ANY Solar Return Angle. This took me 20 minutes of scanning time and this is the power of the greatest astrological tool ever invented?the Personal Computer with astrological software?this is absolutely remarkable when you stop and think a moment. There were 4 Solar Returns that featured this important natal placement on the solar angles, 1939 when the native was 9 year of age, 1971 natives father still living, 1978 native?s father still living, and this Nov. 2010 when both parents of the native has passed away?allowing a full inheritance of a Will made-up of generations of family history.

When you do your first reading with the stand alone 2010 Solar Return, we see an angular Saturn in the 4th house but un aspected which means no ?outstanding incident? associated with angular Saturn. And then we see a confirming BENEFIC symbolism of a partile opposition of Solar Moon with Solar Jupiter. I asked the native if anything in his Home (Solar Saturn in 4th house) life was inhibiting him with this forthcoming huge inheritance and he said HELL YES?everyone on both sides of his family is begging for money.

Anyway, the main point of this post-- is to illustrate Jim?s teachings of always doing a bi-wheel, with a second reading to determine if the Solar Return is in ?Collusion? with any Natal Factors. As we can see with this example the second reading of the bi-wheel armed the astrologer with important information pertaining to the all important configuration Natal Jupiter-Pluto. This second reading with the bi-wheel actually told the astrologer if he he/she was having a good day WHEN the native would inherit his family?s estate.

Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Hi Steve, sorry to bother you again, but you say that angular planets unaspected don't produce incidents? Would this be the same for my 2013 SSR which features features Venus closely conjunct the East Point, and the Ascendant. What good does considering a planet foreground do if it won't produce an outstanding incendent, like say Venus possibly square Jupiter or Mars on the Ascendant?
Obviously, an angular Venus would denote Harmony, Pleasure (as defined by the native) and possibly Romance from the outside world, but why are angular planetary pairs so explosive in regards to events when compared to angular planets alone? I really hope I am dating someone that year, but, by he looks of it with Venus alone, I probably won't be? I know romance is not set in stone with Venus angular, but for my age, marital status ect....there's a good chance.
Last edited by BiBi_Anderson on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reply to BiBi

Hi BiBi,

You 2013 Solar Return can definitely lead you to romance and marriage. There are other layers of astrology within return charts, as well as other layers of astrology outside return charts indicative of ?outstanding incidents,? besides angularity with partile aspects in a Solar Return. If memory serves me correct I believe you have a tight or partile Solar Moon aspect with either your Solar Jupiter or Natal Jupiter. This alone could lead to an ?outstanding incident,? according to Jim?s teachings. This configuration could later become angular on a quotidian chart. I have seen plenty of quotidian charts that produced ?outstanding incidents? by themselves. Lunar Returns can produce ?outstanding incident? by themselves ?subservient? to the symbolism of the Solar Return.

?Angularity is required to lend easy expressiveness to whatever configurations are present.? You have both benefics angular with your 2013 Solar Return. Just because they form no partile aspects in the Solar Return does not mean there will not be an ?outstanding incident? within your Solar year. But when we see angular partile aspects in a Solar Return, Jim teaches this is highly indicative for an ?outstanding incident,? symbolized by the planetary symbolism.

In my previous ?collusion? example I was noting that the native?s angular Saturn was unaspected which tells me most likely their will be no Saturian ?outstanding incidents? with this Solar Return, but highly likely there will still be some type of Saturian influence. The ?outstanding incident? with this Solar Return is obviously the partile Moon-Jupiter aspect. Never forget the Solar Moon in partile aspect alone can produce ?outstanding incidents? if present in a Solar Return?no matter where it falls mundanely within the Solar Wheel. Solar Returns must be analyzed looking at the whole of Jim?s teachings and not by taking one part of his teachings and forming any ?set in stone? judgements. Nothing is ?set in stone? with an astrologer when it comes to astrological judgements. No astrologer can foretell the future with absolute accuracy, maybe a high grade psychic, but not an astrologer.

Steve

I think that when transiting Planets on an angle of an SSR aspect a natal planet, they obviously affect a certain area of your life, instead of possibly touching every part of your life when just being on an angle. I am not quite sure about transiting-transiting planets on an angle yet, maybe the planetary pairs as well help to focus energies into certain areas of life.

Reply to BiBi

BiBi wrote:
I think that when transiting Planets on an angle of an SSR aspect a natal planet, they obviously affect a certain area of your life?

Agreed! These transiting Planets on a Solar angle will excite the Natal planet and/or its aspect configurations in the Natal Chart into a manifestation. For example: If we had a transiting Solar Saturn partile a solar angle and Solar Saturn was partile conjunct Natal Mars?then we know a significant limiting factor (transiting angular Solar Saturn) will manifest. And because Solar Saturn is partile Natal Mars we have to do a careful analyzation of how Natal Mars sets-up in the Natal Chart. If Natal Mars is partile dynamically aspected to Natal Moon then we would have a high probability the Native would REACT with emotional anger to the limiting partile conjunction of Solar Saturn on the Solar angle. If this same Solar Saturn was partile conjunct Natal Venus?then there is high probability there would be some type of separation involving the symbolism of Natal Venus. If this same Solar Saturn was partile conjunct Natal Jupiter then the native could REACT to the to the limiting Solar Saturn in a Jupiterian manner?like changing jobs and getting away from an ass boss. The new job would bring joy (Jupiter) by getting away from limiting (Saturn) boss. A careful analysis of the Natal houses is important?this can help us delineate that ?certain area? of the native?s life. For example, if Natal Jupiter in this case was in the 6th house of work-service-jobs?then we see probabilities the Natal Jupiter REACTION could mean a benefic change of jobs. Or the Solar Saturn limiting factor could be a situation where someone gets fired from a job but because Natal Jupiter is partile conjunct angular Solar Saturn?Natal Jupiter offers relief in a benefic manner.

BiBi wrote:
I am not quite sure about transiting-transiting planets on an angle yet, maybe the planetary pairs as well help to focus energies into certain areas of life.

In this case there would be no Natal Factors to analyze. Just take the planetary pair on the Solar angles and determine the symbolism. Whatever is going on in your life at this time-- then you are looking at a straight-up manifestation of the planetary pair without having to look at Natal factors. If Uranus is involved in the planetary pair, we have to allow for unexpected situations that are not part of our every day living. Natal factors with Solar Returns work in an internal personal manner. Non Natal factors with a Solar Return can work in an external manner. For example: If the transiting planetary pair on Solar angles was Moon?Venus it could be a situation where you experienced the Moon-Venus pair in a happy marriage of a sister or brother or a happy remarriage of a mother or father. If the planetary pair was Saturn-Venus it could be the separation of a mother and/or father occurring externally; whereas, if this Saturn-Venus was tied/colluded with a Natal factor then we are influenced internally with our own personal individual being?our own personal actions?not the actions of a sister or brother or father or mother with their personal actions. Natal factors are very individual and personal!

Jim writes on page 47 of ?Interpreting Solar Returns:?
?Even more so than with prominent transiting bodies, it is very important to observe what aspects a foreground (angular) natal planet makes. These condition its operation. Configurations with other natal planets reveal any complex aspect system in the geniture?which is to say, any complex character structure in the individual?s psyche?that is being focused through the angular planet. Dynamic aspect transits it receives will indicate the type of dynamic interaction with the environment which will bring the foreground natal planet into play.?
I will be giving more examples of when the solar return is in ?collusion? with natal factors. But I urge that you rely upon Jim?s book for final conclusions pertaining to the ?collusion? effect. Jim is the authority?not me?I am trying to bring attention to what I consider a very valuable out of print book for the astrologer-- which has in a sense been lost amongst today?s astrological community, as well to past astrological communities before the PC.

Steve

Important Study Aid

In this post I offer three charts: The Natal Chart. The next Solar Return for this Natal Chart. The bi-wheel of the Solar Return Wheel with the Natal Wheel reflecting a ?collusion? effect of the Solar Return Chart with the Solar Return Chart. This Natal Chart is a close associate whom I have know for years. Birth data is AA?Birth Certificate in hand. I will in another post tell you what is currently happening in his life and then we will delineate his next Jan. 2011 Solar Return. Reflect on these three charts separately and then read Jim?s procedure for analyzing Solar Returns three times. Pay close attention to the bi-wheel when reading Jim?s procedures. You may want to copy this post with these charts to put into your own personal files. These three charts exemplify an encompass a solid core for Jim?s most excellent teachings.

Jim?s procedure for analyzing Solar Returns is found on page 94 & 95 of his book ?Interpreting Solar Returns?. If you study this procedure and ingrained this procedure on your mind, I guarantee you it will greatly enhance and illuminate your sight as an astrologer.

Procedure for Solar Return Analysis
1: Note which planets are foreground (angular), both natal and solar. Frame the core of your delineation around these factors alone, trying to come to some kind of integrated assessment of the map?s general tone.
A: If the same planet is foreground in both the natal and solar wheels, it takes on special significance as a theme planet.
B: The planets closest to the angles have the most to say. While the entire map has to fit together synthetically, this guideline will often help prioritize and weigh planetary involvement.
C: Solar planets are interpreted as describing circumstances the world brings to the individual. Natal planets represent the individual?s reactions to these circumstances or, sometimes, the actions which invoke them.

2: Note aspects between/among foreground (angular) planets.
A: Aspects to foreground solar planets help refine judgment on what to expect from the outside world.
B: Interpret foreground (angular) natal planets in terms of what they represent in the nativity (shown by their natal aspects and, to some extent, sign placements).
C: Note foreground (angular) solar (transiting) planets aspecting foreground (angular) natal planets.

3: Interpret aspects of solar Moon to both solar and natal planets. See ?Luminary Importance in Terms of Angularity? in Chapter Four. Stop at this point to make sure the delineation is consistent and makes sense.

4: Observe which solar planets are background and how they color the picture so far obtained. (This procedure is explained in the book).

5: Interpret aspects of the Sun to solar planets. See ?Luminary Importance in Terms of Angularity? in Chapter Four.

6: Consider any remaining aspects within about 1 degree. These represent supplementary, background considerations.
Steve

This is a major year for this person, I never noticed the 135 and 45 much, but when partile, they do seem to have much stronger effect!
A study should really be done about Venus, and its angularity in Solar Returns in the Charts of Men and Women, Venus does not show up too much in my chart, but a male cousin of mine it does often!( and he has had one steady girlfriend) I guess it is because of the way men and women define pleasure especially in their youth. I've had tons of sexual advances, but they're not pleasurable! Ask a man my age the same thing, and I bet he'd say the opposite. I bet the sun tends to show up more often in the charts of males in their youth as well. I would think Mars has a lot of influence in this arena as well.

Sorry Steve for calling you Jim in my previous post :)

Spoiler Alert--Don't read unless you want to work this one out on your own!

Both Natal and Transiting Venus are angular, so focus for this SSR is based on both giving and recieving love and pleasure(pleasure as defined by the native) Natal Venus is very strong by being dragged to the Solar MC. There's a close Natal VE/Pluto opposition, so obviously this planetary pair denotes passion, sometimes even obsession and seperation through love.
Transiting Venus is also exactly on the DSC in mundo 00'39
Transiting VE on the DSC makes a 45 to Transiting SAT, highligting inhibition through love! So there's an obvious pattern for a dynamic return starting to emerge.
Solar MO is making a partile 45 to transiting MA, symbolising emotional excitement, anger and possible confrontations of an extreme emotional nature. Solar MO is also 1 minute away from an opposition to natal/stationary MA, which highlights much of the same but probably coming from within the native. So, it's likely to be a year when the native will have anger directed toward him, and he will likely direct anger toward someone or something else.
The sun is background, the Jupiter/Uranus cnj is middleground but will likely be paran when it reaches the angles....but only the other two angles will make the most difference on the MC ASC.
This Chart kind of looks to me like the native suffered the death of a loved one, or some kind of seperation from a loved one which angered him a lot. Thankfully he has his natal moon Jupiter conjunction to fall back on which might help him to cope through this time.

Forgot to mention natal Venus is also afflicted by an opposition to Natal Saturn, wow, a highly afflicted natal Venus brought to the foreground!

Reply to BiBi

BiBi wrote:
This is a major year for this person, I never noticed the 135 and 45 much, but when partile, they do seem to have much stronger effect!
Exactly! Never underestimate the partile 45 & 135 when they are aspected to planets on the angles or to the Luminaries.

BiBi wrote:
Both Natal and Transiting Venus are angular, so focus for this SSR is based on both giving and receiving love and pleasure (pleasure as defined by the native) Natal Venus is very strong by being dragged to the Solar MC.
Yes. The ?focus? of this up-coming Jan. 2011 Solar Return has to do with LOVE. The native is deeply in love with his 14 year old Step Son who is having much juvenile difficulty in his life. The native is beside himself on what to do this most difficult situation.

BiBi wrote:
There's a close Natal VE/Pluto opposition, so obviously this planetary pair denotes passion, sometimes even obsession and separation through love.
When you do a Mundoscope on the Natal Chart you will note that Natal Saturn & Pluto are partile conjunct receiving a 2 degree opposition from Natal Venus; whereas, looking at the zodiac positions in the Natal Chart, Natal Saturn & Pluto are separated by app. 7 degrees. So, we have a very strong Natal imprint pertaining to dramatic (Pluto) separations (Saturn) pertaining to Love (Venus). And you are correct?there is a strong obsessed love in this situation. The Jan 2011 Solar Return is in BIG TIME ?collusion? with the Natal Chart with Natal Venus being tight the Solar Return MC. bring this important Natal configuration to a prominent angular position in the Jan. 2011 Solar Return. Again, this is an illustration of a natal chart telling us the WHAT and a Solar Return telling us the WHEN.

BiBi wrote:
Transiting Venus is also exactly on the DSC in mundo 00'3
A very important and key observation! Again when we do a mundoscope we see that transiting solar Venus is actually bodily on the Solar Return Descendant instead of below the horizon axis. Whenever any Planet is bodily on the angle of a Chart, it is in its most powerful position able to freely express its intrinsic nature (Venus-Love). The ancient astrologers paid close attention to any heavenly body on the horizon/meridian axis. Venus is bodily on the 7th house cusp strongly emphasizing a Love-Relationship. In Jim?s book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns? he stresses the importance of the mundoscope.

*Note: anyone who has SolarFire 6.0 or higher can calculate a mundoscope by highlighting a calculated chart and key stroking F6?then selecting Z-ANALOUGE PRIME VERT?then clicking the OK Button.

BiBi wrote:
Transiting VE on the DSC makes a 45 to Transiting SAT, highlighting inhibition through love! So there's an obvious pattern for a dynamic return starting to emerge.
Exactly! We have Jim?s classic axiom?when angular planets are present in a solar return and receive partile ?dynamic? aspects, ?outstanding incidents are most likely to come about?. In this case, Solar Return Venus is receiving a partile 45 from Solar Venus?so we have a ?most likely? ??outstanding incident? pertaining to a separation (Saturn) in Love (Venus).

BiBi wrote:
Solar MO is making a partile 45 to transiting MA, symbolizing emotional excitement, anger and possible confrontations of an extreme emotional nature. Solar MO is also 1 minute away from an opposition to natal/stationary MA, which highlights much of the same but probably coming from within the native. So, it's likely to be a year when the native will have anger directed toward him, and he will likely direct anger toward someone or something else.
Another dead on observation! Jim?s book ?Interpreting Solar Returns? emphasizes the importance of Solar Moon analysis with Solar Returns with Solar Moon aspects to Solar Planets and Natal Planets. We have a potent double whammy of Solar Moon in partile 45 aspect to Solar Mars and partile 180 to Natal Mars. Also it is interesting to note, the partile 45 Solar Moon Solar Mars forms a DIRECT MIDPOINT with Solar Return MC. This is no coincidence?Cyril Fagan said Planetary Midpoints involving the angles of a chart are extremely important. There has already been much emotional and physical anger between the native and his step son and this Jan. 2011 Solar Return has not even arrived.

BiBi wrote:
The sun is background.
It is background but it forms a tight 90 aspect with Solar Saturn, which forms a Midpoint picture with Venus and the 7th house cusp. The malefics of Mars & Saturn afflict the lights of the Solar Return with both lights forming Midpoint pictures with the angles of the Solar Return. This Solar Return is afflicted with the two malefic.

BiBi wrote:
This Chart kind of looks to me like the native suffered the death of a loved one, or some kind of separation from a loved one which angered him a lot. Thankfully he has his natal moon Jupiter conjunction to fall back on which might help him to cope through this time.
The Jan. 2011 has not arrived yet but your observations are again dead-on. The native has a best friend who is dying of liver cancer and the 2011 Solar Return is probably symbolizing the separation by death from this close friend. And this 2011 Solar Return is probably symbolizing the a separation from a loved one (the step-son) because of the charged angered situation of the double whammy of Solar Moon with Solar Mars and Natal Mars. Also the step-son has threaten suicide and refuses to go to school or take home school?legally if the step-son refuses to go to school he faces juvenile detention. The ?stage play? with the actors in our life is always set before the Solar Return arrives.

BiBi wrote:
Forgot to mention natal Venus is also afflicted by an opposition to Natal Saturn, wow, a highly afflicted natal Venus brought to the foreground!
Yes Indeed! Again we see how, at times, Jim?s ?collusion effect? of a Solar Return with the Natal Chart arms the astrologer with very important astrological information pertaining to TIMING.

If the astrologer will take this study guide I have presented with Jim?s procedure for solar return analysis (just as BiBi has done with this Solar Return example), and analysis AA rated birth charts, I guarantee the astrologer will begin to understand the vast astrological importance of Jim?s book; which explains the core astrological work of two fathers of Sidereal Astrology?Cyril Fagan & Donald Bradley.

Steve

Hmm, way too much drama, you'd think there would be more influence from transiting Pluto.
Is this person in a heterosexual or gay marriage, how is it affecting his relationship with his partner?? Has the native acted on his feelings....You would expect for Neptune as well to be seen in this kind situation.