Angular Planetary Aspects

Trojan stated:
I hope I`ll not found myself in trouble taking into account that I do not use outers and only use five classical aspects.
Your statement leads to a very important aspect of astrology?that being planetary aspects. I will address this issue with some quotes from Fagan pertaining to angular planetary aspects. I am not sure I understand you when you say ?I do not use outers.? But when you state you ?use five classical aspects? this would be the five major Ptolemaic aspects?the conjunction (0), sextile (60), square, (90), trine (120) and opposition (180).
Fagan states:
?In the study of Sidereal Astrology only secondary importance should be accorded to all the zodiacal aspects, except the conjunctions and oppositions. If trines and sextiles are not close to being exact, relatively little importance can be attached to them. The emphasis in chart delineation should always be first on mundane conjunctions and oppositions and on paran-squares (i.e. a mundane square aspects forms when two planets come simultaneously to two angles).?
What Fagan is basically saying is the potent aspects are the 0, 90, 180 degree aspects. This is clearly symbolizing the most ancient symbol of the Cross inscribed in a Circle. When we allow the mind to mediate on this Grand Symbol of the Ancients we clearly see with geometry, a 90 degree square aspect, a 180 degree opposition aspect, and a zero degree conjunct aspect being any point on the four points of the inscribed Cross in the Circle. The ancients concealed their knowledge with symbols and when an astrologer computes a horoscope (s)he will be looking at a Circle & Cross with the four horoscopic angles. It doesn?t matter which House System an astrologer uses, the zodiac position of the four angles (Cross) will be in the same position. So, it should be clear to the discerning astrologer, the conjunction, opposition and square are the potent aspects found in astrology. When planets arrive at these four angles, particularly the slow moving outer planets, with our various individual charts, we are in a sense ?crucified?, weal or woe, with the symbolism of the planet(s) on our astrological Crosses of life.

In the above Fagan quote with Fagan?s words about ?Paran Squares? or Mundane Squares, he means at times with our individual scopes there will be hidden mundane paran squares. For example, in Obama?s 09 Solar Return there is a 3 degree orb square of Mars-Saturn. This Mars-Square aspect falls in the ?foreground? of Obama?s 09 Solar Return Cross. ?Foreground? is important terminology taught by Fagan and explained in Eshelman?s book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns?. The astrologer who understands Fagan?s profound teachings, already knows that Obama is going to experience a very tough Solar Year beginning with his birthday on Aug. 5th 2009?because of the malefic Mars-Saturn symbolism. Also note transiting Saturn will form a partile Conjunction with his Natal Saturn in Sept-Oct 09. But what is really big-time important according to Fagan?s teachings is the mathematical/geometric fact; Obama?s Solar Mars-Saturn aspect, pertaining to his individual Return Wheel Scope is in ?Potential? Mundane Paran Square formation. In other words, if you were to rotate Obama?s 09 Return Wheel by diurnal motion his 09 Solar Mars-Saturn formation would fall dead on Obama?s Ascendant/MC axis. This is defined as a Potential Paran or Mundane Square formation. According to Fagan?s teachings, this Mundane Paran Square of Obama?s 09 Solar Mars-Saturn formation is strengthen ten-fold over an ordinary zodiac aspect. My personal research has absolutely confirmed to me Fagan?s teachings about Mundane Paran Squares is true! We can clearly see where Obama is now feeling the ?crucified? effects of this extraordinary potent, malefic 09 Solar Mars-Saturn foreground zodiac square?in mundane paran formation---the people of the land are voting against him with his agendas.

Fagan also states according to planetary aspects:
?In the practice of sidereal astrology far and away the most powerful aspects are those compatible with the four angles, the conjunction, opposition and the square. These are the principle aspects to which our attention should be directed. We reject the so-called minor aspects, particularly in return maps. Even the popular trine is of doubtful value. It is of great importance to recognize that the quality of an aspect depends on the innate nature of the planets involved in the configuration and not on the angular distance between them. Thus a square or opposition between benefics is definitely to be regarded as benefic. Sun 90 or 180 Jupiter is potent for good.?
Regardless of your choice for working with the various angular aspects always remember:
?Partile aspects reign supreme.?
I have proven to myself the above quote by Eshelman is very important. When partile aspects are found in maps our attention is warranted.

Eshelman pays some attention to the 60 and 120 but only when they are partile. I only pay attention to the partile 120 but I pay more attention to the partile 45 semisquare, & 135 sesqui-quadrate, particularly when they are configured with and angular planet that is already in a 0, 90, 180 with another planet. A classic example of this is occurring on the world scene is Obama?s present Secondary Naibod RA Natal Chart. We note that secondary progressed Saturn is very close (May 2010) partile conjuncting the progressed Descendant, located to DC.?and this angular Saturn receives a partile 90 from secondary progressed Mars. Just this one aspect tells the astrologer Obama is under a potent Malefic aspect, reinforced with his 09 Solar Return malefic Mars-Saturn as I explained above. But also note Obama?s secondary progressed Saturn is partile 135 Pluto, secondary progressed Mars is partile 45 secondary progressed Pluto, secondary progressed Mars is partile conjunct secondary progressed Mercury which is also tight 90 secondary progressed angular Saturn. When you see partile minor aspects hooked-up with the major aspects of 0,90,180 you damn well no this is no cosmic co-incidence and these minor partile aspects are very important for reading the native?s symbolism. In this same case, if I saw where Obama?s secondary progressed Saturn featured a partile 120 to secondary progressed Moon, I would count this partile trine as very important.

I hope this helps you in evaluating planetary aspects and good reading with you new book purchase. If you have any questions with certain components of ?Interpreting Solar Returns,? I will be glad to try and answer your questions.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Re: Angular Planetary Aspects

Steve wrote:
Trojan stated:

I hope this helps you in evaluating planetary aspects and good reading with you new book purchase. If you have any questions with certain components of ?Interpreting Solar Returns,? I will be glad to try and answer your questions.

Regards, Steve
Thank you, Steve :'
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

A Recnt Post by Jim Elsheman

A recent post Jim Eshelman made on his Forum ?Solunars? on Feb. 15th 2010.

The following summaries are a handout I prepared for lectures in the late 1970s, about the same time Interpreting Solar Returns was written. Its purpose is to give concise keys to the differentiated natures of a transiting vs. natal planet being foreground (angular) in a return.

While I might revise these a tiny bit now, the core ideas are solid. These were written to be equally true whether the planets are foreground in a Solar Return or a Lunar Return. However, there is a distinction: A planet conjunct an angle of a Solar Return also has a quality of being conjunct the Sun - and the interpretations in Interpreting Solar Returns were written with this in mind. Similarly, a planet conjunct an angle of a Lunar Return also has a quality of being conjunct the Moon - which is how I would have written the different "angular planet" interpretations if I'd finished the planned companion volume, Interpreting Lunar Returns.

For that matter, this principle is true for any type of planetary return. Thus, the meanings below are essentially what they would be in any kind of return chart except, for instance, a planet angular in a Mars Return would have the additional characteristics of acting as if conjunct Mars.

These summaries may also provide the basic "inside vs. outside" ideas (discussed in his book) for understanding how transit interpretations are derived.

r. SUN: Identity is brought under consideration. Assertiveness, direction. Pride, authority, desire for recognition. Vitality.

t. SUN: Receiving special attention. Encounters with "authorities." Honor, achievement, recognition.

r. MOON: Strongly responsive to astrological and environmental stimuli. Receptive, impressionable, vulnerable, sensitive. Indiscriminate reactions (care-free, juvenile). "Nesting" behavior.

t. MOON: Hyper-reactive (and vulnerable) to environment. Surrounded by emotional excitement, rapid and excessive motion, unstable conditions and change. Appetites easily aroused. Popular attention.

r. MERCURY: Exchange of data. Curiosity, learning, discussions. Data storage/processing/retrieval. Commercial, analytic, busy.

t. MERCURY: Transportation and communication themes. Self-expression. Busy-ness and business.

r. VENUS: Expressing love. Beauty and harmony important (vanity). Deep feelings roused. Pair-bonds formed or maintained.

t. VENUS: Affection received. Relationships are a central issue. Surroundings pleasant, harmonious, soft.

r. MARS: One is aggressive, competitive, physically expressive, assertive, irritating, willful, sexually adamant.

t. MARS: Aggression received. Atmosphere tense, heated, irritating, confronting. Presence of competition, energy, assertion, drive. Injuries, physical discomfort. Sexual bounty.

r. JUPITER: Self-esteem, confidence, feeling lucky, happiness. Desire for expansion/improvement/self-elevation. Amiable, tolerant, congenial, generous (extravagant).

t. JUPITER: Fortune coming from without. Esteem, respect, recognition, honors, material gain, elevation, gifts, advantage, opportunities, luck.

r. SATURN: Emphasis on own demands and (self-)expectations (self-doubt, sense of own inadequacies, poor health, depression). Survival behavior: feelings in check; selfish, tenacious, security-minded. Space- and time-sensitive (territorial).

t. SATURN: Demands coming from without. Daily survival needs emphasized (shortage). Restriction, delay, frustration, separation. Tasks accumulate. Others have no sympathy, seem critical.

r. URANUS: Desire for freedom, novelty, excitement, discovery (feeling stifled). Clarity of outlook. Emancipatory, rebellious, claiming independence. Risking, enthusiastic, less inhibited.

t. URANUS: Freedom, openness. Changes originating from without. Excitement (tension). Sudden new direction, surprise. Travel, adventure, renewal. Progressive, stimulating. Discovery.

r. NEPTUNE: Absorption in or by something. Exaggerated responses (vulnerable, embarrassment, anxiety). Physical/emotional sensitivity, idealism (easily frustrated; self-doubt). Imagination (selective perception, confusion). "Avoidance" behavior.

t. NEPTUNE: Exaggerated state of emotional excitement. Temptation, seduction (pleasure-oriented; impressionable). Dependency, victimization, altered reality. Efforts diluted, frustration, "avoidance" behavior. Drama, music, fantasy, mysticism, etc.

r. PLUTO: Separation, isolation. Retreat or withdrawal from world. Escape from demands and pressures. Confrontive introspection and re-evaluation. Culminations - decisions are forced.

t. PLUTO: Separative, isolating ("singles out from the herd"). Dramatic interruptions, alterations, and transformations. Need for adjustment. Climactic, intensive, sensational events. Crisis, shock. Life revolts against expectancy.

The following are my added words: Remember, the above words with an angular transiting or natal planet in Return Charts are ?summaries.? It all depends on how the angular planet is aspected. For example: Let?s look at Obama?s preceding Lunar Return before the MA. Election. Birth data is posted in another post in this topic.

Note: Obama?s transiting Mars is dead-on Obama?s Dec. 29th 2009 Lunar Return MC. Remember to correct for Precession in the Tropical Zodiac and relocate his Lunar Return to DC. According to Fagan?s teachings along with most traditional teachings, there can be no stronger point on a scope than the MC. Since transiting Mars is dead-on his Dec. 29th 2009 Lunar Return MC, we know this Mars is going to be felt in a very potent way. Jim?s above ?summaries? pertaining to t. MARS says: ?Aggression received. Atmosphere tense, heated, irritating, confronting. Presence of competition?? How is Obama?s Lunar Return dead-on Mars MC aspected? Obama?s Lunar Return Mars receives partile aspects from 135 Venus & Pluto and receives a partile 45 from Saturn. If Obama?s Lunar dead-on Mars MC had not received any partile aspects, more than likely there would not have been an ?outstanding incident? (Jan 19th 2010 MA. Election) accommodating Obama?s Dec. 29th 2009 Lunar Return, which covered a 27 day time frame. Again, this helps clarify Jim?s astrological axiom where he says pertaining to Return Maps:
?Partile aspects reign supreme but it is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.?
You see?it is our individual angles in Return Maps along with partile aspects that discriminates a TIME FRAME when planetary symbolism manifest in out lives, relative to our environments.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Washington DC 2010 Capsolar

There is an ?outstanding incident? occurring on the World?s Stage pertaining to Washington DC 2010 winter weather.

The following link, http://www.solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 2995#p2995 contains a 2010 Capsolar Chart posted by Jim Eshelman, including a couple of recent posts by me. Even though this particular post pertains to Mundane Astrology, I posted in this topic because it pertains to hard core teaching material in this topic about Jim?s book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns.? The Capsolar is when the Sun ingresses into Sidereal Capricorn and was the supreme mundane chart used by the early pioneers of Sidereal Astrology. I have very little experiences working with Capsolar?s; but, I was paying very close attention to DC?S 2010 Capsolar because it featured Saturn partile conjunct DC?S Ascendant receiving a partile 90 from Pluto. According to Jim?s teachings from ?Interpreting Solar Returns,? the 2010 Capsolar for Washington DC was supposed to produce an ?outstanding incident,? with this mundane Solar Return Ingress Chart. Again, I quote from Jim?s 1977 book ?Interpreting Solar Return:?
?Partile aspects reign supreme but it is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.?
Regards, Steve

USA SIBLY 2010 PRECESSED SOLAR RETURN

The USA Sibley Chart, the most commonly used chart for July 4th 1776, 5:10 LMT, Philadelphia, 39N57, 75W09, features a most interesting 2010 Precessed Solar Return, relocated to Washington DC. MC 17Virgo13, Mars 17Virgo27.

There is a good amount of political ANGER with the people of the land?NOW! And the 2010 Solar Return is 3+ months from beginning.

Regards, Steve

Sibley's USA 2010 Solar Retun

I do not have a-lot of solar return research experience pertaining to mundane charts (national charts). However, I have noted some possible interesting symbolism pertaining to the USA Sibley Chart and its 2010 July Solar Return. At times, Precessed Solar Returns offers important planetary symbolism with an accurate timed birth chart for a native; but, I have certain reservations about using Solar Return techniques for national charts-- because we find astrologers claiming validly for several different timed charts. I am going to offer some possible delineations for the USA and its upcoming Precessed Solar Return using the main guidelines for Jim?s book ?Interpreting Solar Returns.? The Stage is usually already set before a Solar Return begins its new symbolism with potentially--important manifestations. And it certainly appears the USA next Solar Return, using the Sibley Chart, seems to be offering valid planetary symbolism, pertaining to a Stage of an angered Nation (people) over Obama?s Health Care Reforms which have been passed into law. Members who live in the USA are more familiar (news media) with the angered tones that are vibrating through the majority (recent polls) of people in the USA. I will be quoting some of Deb?s delineated words for mundane national charts as a possible prognostication.

Sibley USA CHART DATA: July 4th, 1776, 5:10 PM EST, Philadelphia, PA. 39N57, 075W09.
Ascendant: 12Sag.14.

Precessed 2010 Solar Return, Relocated to Washington DC, MC?17Vig13.

The most important principle taught in the book ?Interpreting Solar Returns? is the principle:
?Foreground (15 degrees of an angle) planets set the tone of the entire period covered by a Solunar (solar or lunar return) return. It is quite possible to read Solunars using only a list of foreground planets.?
I am basically going to use the above quote to delineate the USA?S 2010 Precessed Solar Return including the following statement:

The closer a planet to an angle the more potent and vivid its symbolism. I believe most astrologers, regardless of their astrological systems, would agree with this statement.

Deb says pertaining to mundane astrology:
The Tenth House
?The monarch or president, the government, people in authority. Royalty, eminent and famous persons. National trade. The national reputation, credit, and power. Public employment rate.?
Looking at Sibley?s USA July 2010 Solar Return we note Mars is partile conjunct the superior angle of the MC.

Deb says pertaining to Mars with mundane astrology:
Mars
?governs the military, soldiers and noted military and naval men. War, terrorist attacks, industrial disputes, strikes and conflicts. Opposition forces. Fire, fire services, arson and incendiarism.?
We see Mars is powerfully placed in this Solar Return and can expect (with a valid timed national chart?) a strong Mars influence directed against the ?president? and ?the government.? This Mars (anger) influence currently/already exists between the majorities of the US people verses the ?president? and ?the government? of the USA. If the Sibley Chart is valid we can expect this Mars angered situation to grow in intensity with USA?S up-coming 2010 Solar Return.

What symbolizes the ?people? in a mundane chart?

Deb says pertaining to the Moon with mundane astrology:
The Moon
?- denotes the common people, women generally, crowds, and all matters of a common or public nature. The position of the Moon in a mundane chart will show where the public's attention falls.?
USA?S Solar Return Moon ?position? falls in the 7th House and is the second closest planet to the Solar Return angles. So, ?the public?s attention falls? in the 7th House pertaining to the ?public?s? relationship with their nation?s government?USA?S 2010 Solar Return.

Deb says pertaining to the 7th House with mundane astrology:
The Seventh House
?- Foreign affairs; relations with other countries, whether friendly or hostile, political or commercial. National marriage/divorce rate.?
With USA?S Solar Return Moon (?the common people?) angular and in the 7th House we see an emphasized ?relations? or relationship (7th House) existing with the ?common people? (Moon) and the ?president? and ?government? symbolized by USA?S 2010 Solar Return MC-- with an emphasized Mars (anger) partile conjunct USA?S 2010 Solar Return MC. If the Sibley Chart is a valid timed scope for the USA, all the astrologer can truthfully predict with the above Solar Return Angle?s principle from ?Interpreting Solar Returns? -- there is going to be a powerful angered situation with the ?people? and their ?president and government?. TIME WILL TELL!

Regards, Steve

Gordon Brown's May 7th Solar Quotidian

Cyril Fagan developed two methods for progressing a Solar Return, the Solar Quotidian (SQ) and the Progressed Sidereal Solar Return (PSSR). These two methods are important and have proven their worth for astrological analysis. ?Quotidian? means ?daily.? Both the SQ and the PSSR are daily charts and are very important when partile progressed lunar aspects occur with the progressed angles. This will not happen with every Solar Return?but when it does happen-- OUTSTANDING EVENTS occur relative to the native?s environment. Of all the charts I have ever analyzed, the progressed Solar Return and their ?Quotidian? charts are my favorite because these charts can/will calculate important events to within a couple of days of the event. The lunar aspects can be seen with the Solar Return but it is the progressed angles of the Quotidian Charts that calculate to the day with surgical precision?the symbolized event. If you ever have the opportunity to work with a client pertaining to the timing of a particular day with these solar quotidians and an ?outstanding event,? before the event happens, you will win the confidence/respect of your client for life. These quotidian charts are truly remarkable at certain times! These Quotidian Charts are defined mathematically and discussed in the important book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns.

The above chart is an example of a Solar Quotidian (SQ) chart for Gordon Brown on May 7th, 2010, one day after Britain?s general election. As defined above, the progressed solar moon with its angular aspects and planetary aspects are very important. Note Brown?s progressed solar moon is culminating and in partile progressed square aspect with his progressed solar mercury.

Donald Bradley who did a ton of research with charts of politicians has this to say about Moon-Mercury aspects when angular:
??Moon-Mercury frequently manifests with political candidates charts being the object of interviews. People come to the candidate for his autograph and biographic material, and he is a topic of conversations. Cast return charts of persons having been brought into the public limelight by election or contest and see what we mean?? ?Solar and Lunar Returns? by Donald Bradley, pages 43-44.
Remember Eshelman?s axiom from his book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns:?
?It is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.?
You see how this Solar Quotidian (SQ) chart is foretelling the EXACT DAY(S) for a huge event (Britain?s General Election) in Brown?s life. Without the technology of Precessed Solar Returns located to one?s residence this chart could not be computed. Without the technology of computers very few astrologers could have computed this chart. Cyril Fagan rediscovered the correct astronomy that actually invented Precessed Solar Returns. For 2000 years 99% of astrologers were computing Solar Returns in the tropical zodiac with astronomical (mathematical) timing errors for returning the position of our birth Sun?s to the exact same astronomical position our birth Sun?s held at birth.

I am using the given Birth Time for Gordon Brown. Feb 20th, 1951, 8:40 AM GMT. Brown?s 2010 Solar Return is corrected for precession and located to London.

Regards, Steve

Brown's May 7th Natal Quotidian (NQ)

The following is taken from a 60?s article by Cyril Fagan titled ?Precision Technique.?
?Due to the great advances recently made in astrological technique, students now posses at least three precision instruments whereby they can directly determine the influence of any planet, be it one well known to the ancients or one recently discovered. These instruments are the Natal Quotidian (NQ), Solar Return Quotidian (SQ) and Progressed Sidereal Solar Return (PSSR.) These are daily charts, the angles of which move comparatively rapidly from day to day, bringing up to them all the planets, natal, progressed, solar, and transits, several times during the year. In these charts the astrologer is mainly concerned with the planets that happen to be on, or in close proximity to, the angles; the rest of the chart, for the most part, being ignored. For instance the influence of the transiting Jupiter will be operative on the day that it is on one of the angles.?
I have already given an excellent example in another thread pertaining to Gordon Brown?s Solar Quotidian (SQ) for May 7th, 2010, one day after Britain?s general election, which should allow enough time for the final election results. Brown?s SQ Chart for May 7th shows outstanding symbolism for a candidate running for election.

Now I want to point out another very interesting quotidian chart for Gordon Brown on May 7th, 2010, involving transiting Jupiter and Brown?s progressed Natal Jupiter-North Node. This quotidian chart is the Natal Quotidian (NQ). Quotidian Charts are fun to work with in our daily life. I use them quite often to elect ?good days? for me and my clients. Of all the charts I work with?my client?s favorite are lunar returns and quotidian charts. The main reason for this is because these charts are short term charts and allow the client to see/live the actual symbolic manifestations of the planets. I have found the progression of Solar Moon with the quotidian angles and partile transits with the angles of quotidian charts to be the most potent.

What I find most interesting about Britain?s up-coming May 6TH General Election, as far as I understand the selection process of selecting a date for a general election, is it appears Gordon Brown has either sub-consciously or intentionally (could an astrologer be guiding Brown?) selected a most favorable TIME for himself with Britain?s general election.

Note on Brown?s May 7th NQ Chart the MC bisects his progressed Natal Jupiter-North Node producing a powerful direct (under one degree) midpoint where his progressed Natal Jupiter-North Node = his NQ MC. Nodes have to do with ?colleagues, alliances, associates? in people?s charts. This appears to be symbolizing the Labor Party itself where Brown has experienced in his life fortunate (Jupiter) ?alliances? with the Labor Party. Every year around the same time (May 6th-7th), Brown?s NQ MC will bisect his Natal Jupiter-North-Node. From an odds standpoint this could be considered a 365-1 timing odds for time occurrence. But what is really interesting is transiting Jupiter is partile conjunct Brown?s NQ MC on May 7th-8th, 2010. Another way at looking at Brown?s transiting Jupiter NQ/MC factor, is only once every 12 years does Jupiter partile transit Brown?s NQ MC during an annual time period from May-6th-7th. Its very difficult for me to believe Brown sub consciously chose this most fortunate time of May 6th for Britain?s general election. Maybe I have miss-understood how Britain?s general election dates are chosen. But the fact of the matter with this general election?Brown?s NQ for May-7th has a very potent fortunate factor with Jupiter partile transiting conjunct his NQ?s MC on May 7th. Three to five days after the election Brown?s NQ MC partile conjuncts transiting Saturn and his progressed Saturn indicating he will experience some down days. But as far as the election date itself transiting Jupiter is exerting a powerful influence on Brown?s Natal Quotidian (NQ). Also note Brown?s Natal Venus falls partile conjunct Brown?s NQ MC on May 7th.

Regards, Steve

Hi, Steve.

I've been reading your posts from the beginning, i appreciate your effort. Many very interesting considerations and examples.

One thing in particular draw my attention while reading your posts for the first time and I remembered it the other day while examining one Solar return chart.
... let me quote the intrinsic meaning from Ebertin?s book (another excellent book) ?The Combination of Stellar Influences? pertaining to all 3 combinations of aspects with Moon/Venus, Venus/Neptune, & Moon/Neptune:

Quote:
?Moodiness, impressionability, the tendency to be tempted or seduced easily, misguided or misdirected feelings of love, an unnatural behavior. Love expressing itself in the wrong way, an unhappy love, the necessity for renunciation. Over-enthusiastic love and adoration, peculiar and strange tendencies in the expression of love, odd or perverse inclinations. A chaotic emotional life, a dreamy nature, an inclination to be influenced or led easily by other people. A renouncing, unhappy or disappointed woman.?
I would really like to hear your opinion on Moon/Venus conjunctions when the SR Moon is conjunct Natal venus (I admit, i have it in my next SR chart, so be gentle :D ) because Lilly actually suggests that it is a very benevolent placement. of course, as you have already pointed out, everything needs to be taken into account (the aspects, the dignitiies etc.)

But, my main reason for posting this was the Moon/Neptune combination.
I spotted a multiple conjunction that included Moon and Neptune (an applying and very tight aspect) in my cousin's last SR chart. It was angular and even the Profectional chart placed it on a very significant place and brought the energy of the 7th house and the matters that it rules into the picture. With one strong direction and a few secondary progressions that i would have generally taken lightly but that seemed like a possible strong confirmation of the promise found in the SR chart, I was pretty sure that it was a bad omen.
It was a year ago and I have only recently read the quoted lines, and, though my general opinion or impression when it comes to the Moon/Neptune contacts has never been significantly different from what is said in your post, I thought that this example was worth mentioning and that you might find it interesting.

My cousin, who had been studying astrology for about 3 years at the time, asked me for my opinion on that conjunction as well as on the rest of the chart since the planets were also involved in some stressful aspects. The truth be told, i thought : "Good thing she is not married!" because, it would have probably destroyed her marriage. But, unfortunately, my cousin was sure that it was a very good sign and wanted me to confirm her delineation. She is strongly influenced by the work of some modern authors who tend to glorify the influence of Neptune onto romantic activities whilst I do not adhere to that approach. My main advise and suggestions went along the lines of what is mentioned in your post and, though I hated myself for insisting on the negative aspects of this conjunction, I simply could not ignore them and thought that their influence, in case she takes them too casually, might cause much disappointment. My main advise was to keep her eyes open and to make sure that she always has enough informations. In case she cannot get them- she should wait until she can.
She didn't buy it! :) She said that I should "finally leave the dark ages and become a modern astrologer" and that we are not capable of seeing the positive side of Neptune at all. oh, well.

Unfortunately, since this conjunction also included both the ruler of the SR 3rd house and the ruler of her Natal 3rd, I realized that it might also have a strong influence onto her brother, a former drug addict. She said that her mother was pretty sure that he had started taking drugs again. By simply using Lilly's table for calculating the time of the events promised in Profectional charts (that has proved to be very accurate in this case) I suggested that app. 3months from her birthday, the inconveniences could be expected and that it was worth keeping an eye on him. Luckily, the aspect was not strong enough to cause any fatal accidents but, her brother was hospitalized for poisoning from prescription drugs (overdose) 3 months and 2 days after her birthday.

It was then that I suggested her for the second time to take good care as this influence was most likely to have its manifestation in her private life as well. She just said- I believe that this aspect is a matter of past now!

Around that time, she started dating a man who had recently moved into our town. he was divorced, about 5 years older, well-off and, according to her- her soulmate. Soon she introduced him to her parents and started thinking about moving in with him. I even met him once- he seemed nice, even a bit naive in a way and very talkative. But I didn't buy it! :)
I asked her if he had ever said anything about his family and she said that he didn't have any relatives and that his ewx wife still lived in their house with their children (3 kids, i belive!). He has a separate flat on the ground floor but he doesn't really spend much time there now that he lives in another town. She even called him once when he was there, his ex wife answered the phone and my cousin was absolutely sure that he had a very friendly ex wife.
It went on like that for 9 months. And then, out of the blue, his cousin showed up one day and she realised that he did in fact have some family. then the cousin mentioned her boyfriend's mother (who was and still is a helthy and very much alive 70yo woman) and, as you are probably guessing, he mentioned his wife. Not the ex wife but his wife.
Her soulmate was a double-dealer and has been married for almost 15 years with no intention in leaving his wife either. She freaked out and left his home. She wouldn't answer his calls for about a moth. She came over to my place and shared her story with me.
But, a month later, she changed her mind and decided to go over to his house (his family home) and to ask him to leave his wife. He briefly replied that his wife was pregnant for the 4th time.

9 months is a long time and yet, she spent it completely blinded. Not a nice story but a very good example of the symbolics of the Moon/Neptune conjunctions provided in your post.
Last edited by aglaya on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reply to aglaya

Hi aglaya,

There are positives for Neptune but I like you implement a cautious & suspicious approach when Neptune is involved with Moon-Venus combinations in a solar return for natives. Neptune malefic action is the trickster, the lure, the fog bank, the deceiver (self or another party-- sometimes both), infatuations pertaining to love, a dream world (drugs) without basis for reality. Natal Neptune and its aspects would play a role in delineating a solar return with a prominent solar Neptune. Neptune aspects involved with the malefics manifests suffering and disappointing situations. Neptune benefic actions are refined psychics/astrologers, visionaries, creative writers, artists, actors, active imaginations. Neptune energies are very illusive to harness yet we at times need to escape into Neptunian situations to relive the stresses of a boring or harsh world. We just have to be careful we don?t get trapped in Neptune?s malefic manifestations of illusions. Thanks for your perceptive post.

Moon Venus combinations, by themselves, in a Solar Return are benefic aspects. They are generally cupid aspects depending on age and one?s immediate environment. If angular they are potent for benefic manifestations. If either the Moon or Venus (or both) is close or on the angles of a solar return-- in partile aspect (under one degree) to either Venus or Moon?an ?outstanding or out of the ordinary incident? will beneficially occur in your life.

Regards, Steve

Re: Reply to aglaya

Steve wrote:Hi aglaya,

There are positives for Neptune but I like you implement a cautious & suspicious approach when Neptune is involved with Moon-Venus combinations in a solar return for natives.
Regards, Steve
Of course, I actually have a heavily aspected neptune in my Natal chart and favourable contacts with neptune have brought many positive and interesting things into my life- some talents in particular (the Mercury/Jupiter conjunction trining my Neptune with Mercury being my Asc ruler- my first "pocket money" was a honorarium for a published story :D ).
But, considering their heaviness and, well, yes, "malefic" nature (though, one has to be very cautious here since we don't consider even traditional planets to be of just malefic nature but primarily Mars and Saturn :) ) , their placement on a relevant cusp or a tight conjunction with another planet 8be it a SR or a Natal position of the planet) are to me always a strong sign of caution.
I don't think that their influence will be strong only when they're angular in a SR chart but I actually pay attention to them when they're cuspal. Having mentioned that, I don't think I even know as to how most modern astrologers wage the influence of an angular planet given that we are talking about the traditional system of accidental dignities.
Outer planets are heavy and seeing them conjunct, say, the Moon, instantly brings the picture of a potentially devastating influence into the person's life. In another topic, I used an analogy to try to explain as to how I see the influence of Neptune in comparison to the influence of Venus (that is so often replaced by neptune in modern literature) and I said that, if Venus and Neptune "both rule" wine (as some would suggest), then , to me, Venus is a glass of a fine red wine whilst Neptune is an indication of substance (wine :) ) abuse i.e. alcoholism. It is never that simple of course but my intention was to stress that heaviness that indeed often brings about the negative, exaggerated and unwanted influence. And when such a planet mixes its nature with a delicate planet (Moon in my previous example) than the fine and delicate nature of the Moon usually suffers. If the Moon is a nice dream or dreamy nature, then Neptune turns it into a night-mare or excess daydreaming and non realistic approach to life. If we have strong signs of affection, then Neptune turns them into obsession. If out head is up in the clouds, then Neptune can make us forget that there is earth and so on.
And when all this is supported by an additional promise (directions, progressions etc.) and "announced" in the Natal chart, then we usually do have a problem and that problem can manifest on both outer and inner plane though,. one does not exclude the other- being blinded (inner, emotional plane) will usually cause a person to make all sorts of wrong decisions in life and the consequences of these decisions will turn back as realistic, objective, outer influences .
So,though my cousin did enjoy the "neptunian" nature of her relationship to a great extent- shealso spent almost a year completely blinded and has had to suffer a great deal after realising what the reality looked like. Keeping an eye on her emotions that were so strongly influenced by Neptune throughout the last year, might have helped her to reduce the negative outer consequences of this same influence. or not! But the influence was there!

Now, since you have mentioned progreesed Moon in SR charts, i do have to ask you as to what does the book suggest (or what is your approach) when it comes to separating aspects? How do you analyse them?

Reply to aglaya

Hi Aglaya,

I completely agree with your post statements pertaining to Neptunian influences. Another good analogy with Neptune influences is Neptune rules films/movies. When one views a movie one is actually viewing an illusion/film. Most people go to movies (Neptune) to be entertained in order to escape from their own routine worlds, which generally is a harmonious manifestation for Neptune. On the other hand, inharmonious Neptune aspects can lure one into a world of harmful escapism wrapping one into a world of illusions and non reality, hence Neptune?s negative manifestation of drug or alcohol additions. Creatively, when one views a well made movie, one is viewing a tremendous amount of creative artistry, which has the potential to offer us inspirations with our own creative imaginations. Harmonious Neptune aspects allow one to touch/feel and harness creative energies. Your Natal Mercury-Jupiter- Neptune contact is well represented with your mentioned publishing work. Also, one can see the creative imagery with the art work under your forum name, which to me is another representation of your Me-Jup-Nep natal signature. This same natal signature resonates for you with your astrological work, so we can see the refined creativity of your natal Neptune combined with your natal Mercury & Jupiter. Neptune is working harmoniously in your life as it usually does with most astrologers.
Aglaya wrote:
So,though my cousin did enjoy the "neptunian" nature of her relationship to a great extent- she also spent almost a year completely blinded and has had to suffer a great deal after realising what the reality looked like. Keeping an eye on her emotions that were so strongly influenced by Neptune throughout the last year, might have helped her to reduce the negative outer consequences of this same influence. or not! But the influence was there!
Well put Aglaya!! This indeed can be the case when Neptune is found combined with Moon-Venus in a Solar Return. One?s best laid plans or dreams crumple up in an unsightly heap when Neptune malefic influences are prominently found in a Solar Return.
Aglaya asked:
Now, since you have mentioned progreesed Moon in SR charts, i do have to ask you as to what does the book suggest (or what is your approach) when it comes to separating aspects? How do you analyse them?
Excellent question Aglaya! Solar Return Moon analysis is very important with Precessed Solar Returns. Many times a solar moon and its aspects will completely dominate the manifestations of a solar return. Many times the solar moon is a non-issue with precessed solar returns. If I see a separating solar moon aspect, I see this as an important but less potent than an approaching solar moon aspect. However when I see the solar moon set up for approaching partile progressed solar moon aspects later in the solar year, I really pay attention. I give much more weight to approaching progressed solar moon aspects than separating aspects. My approach is when I calculate a Precessed solar return, I always look to see if there are any approaching conjunctions, oppositions or squares of solar moon with solar and natal planets. A solar moon will progress by secondary motion 13 degrees in a solar year. The three aspects (0,90, and 180) are the only ones I pay close attention too. I pay very close attention to approaching partile (under one degree) progressed moon aspects in a solar return. Partile aspects reign supreme! An approaching progressed solar moon forming a partile aspect with a solar or natal planet can time an ?out of ordinary? event with remarkable precision, particularity with Fagan?s quotidian charts. I have given a few quotidian examples of this in this topic thread. Partile progressed solar moon aspects are very important with Solar Return analysis. For example, if you had a Precessed Solar Return that featured a solar moon 5 degrees ahead (approaching) a partile conjunction of your Solar Venus-- this would definitely tell me you would experience a strong Moon-Venus psychological effect in app. 5 months. On the other hand, if your Solar Moon was 5 degrees past (separating) from your Solar Venus?this would tell me the psychological effect of Moon-Venus in your Solar Return would be an important but lesser effect than the approaching aspect. A progressed partile solar moon conjunct aspect can only form when its approaching-- not when its separating. I hope this helps answer some of your questions. If you have any more specific questions regarding this matter, I will be glad to help answer.

Regards, Steve